367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LotV beta client

Just go to your Battle.net app's directory. Hold down SHIFT and right-click in an empty space in the directory and go to "Open command window here". In the command prompt, type "battle.net.exe --game=s2_beta --install" without quotes. The SC2 LotV installer will launch as if you had access (obviously you still don't, it just installs the game).
    Found on teamliquid. And more info on reddit/battle.net forums.

This map can be loaded with SC2Switcher : Cloud Kingdom LE LotV
    It has the tooltip of LotV but can't build the new units (afaik).

I'm amazed that nobody on ownedcore is speaking about this already, or trying to created a modded map that'll work with new units.
    I won't add all found stuff to this post yet (search reddit/teamliquid if needed), i'll only do so if someone's showing interest.

LotV beta client
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playable map vs AI : SC2 LotV Maps
    Unit tester : UnitsTester_LotV

zeldalyoko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx !!!! i love you !!! :-D
    we can datamining avec casc soft ?! <3
    Last edited by zeldalyoko; 03-29-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMOSimca comments on SC2 LotV Beta - Singleplayer Versus AI Maps Process to make AI maps, could help with tools !
    Sure, I can go through the process of how I made this from scratch.

1. Downloaded Cloud Kingdom LE by logging onto Battle.net for HotS and playing the map.
    2. Pulled the "Last Modified" .s2ma file from "%ProgramData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\", which had to be the map I just played (if you ever wondered where they stored downloaded maps, it is here).
    3. Once you have the map, rename the extension to ".sc2map" instead of ".s2ma" and open it in the SC2 Editor.
    4. Go to the "Map" menu and select "Map Options" from the dropdown. Uncheck "Automatically Add Multiplayer Data" and check "Hide Errors During Test Document". Hit "OK" and tell it "Yes" when it asks if you are sure.
    5. Go to the "File" menu and select "Dependencies" from the dropdown. Right-click on any existing dependency in the list and click "Delete" so that the list is now empty. Go to "Add Standard..." and add the dependency "Swarm Multi (Mod)". Then hit "OK".
    6. At this point, make any modifications you want to make. Note that it will, by default, set you into a "Normal" game speed map with 0 opponents and you will instantly win. To avoid this, go to Player Properties and set up players who aren't Player 1 to be AIs. You can set the desired race for Player 1 at this time as well. To fix the Game Speed, open the Triggers Editor and add the "Game - Set Game Speed" action to the Melee Initialization trigger. Set the speed variable to "Faster". If you want to set difficulty level, also do that now. I set mine up like this: https://i.imgur.com/JCpBNw1.png
    7. Now that you've made any changes you wanted (including to the minerals and gas if you wanted to), save the map and exit it. Save a backup copy as well because this copy is about to become unusable in the SC2 Editor.
    8. Use Ladik's MPQ Editor (MPQ Archives - Downloads) to open the map.
    9. Right-click on the file "DocumentHeader" and go to "Edit". Select Notepad as the program you want to load the document in.
    10. Right near the start, you will see "bnet:Void Multi (Mod)/0.0/999,file:Mods/VoidMulti.SC2Mod". Replace both instances of the word "Swarm" with the word "Void".
    11. Save the file and go back to the MPQ Editor - it should be asking you if you want to update the file in the MPQ. Click "Yes, update the file in the archive."
    12. Close the MPQ Editor and anything else that could possibly have the map file in use (SC2 won't run if the map file is locked for editing) and test your map!

TL;DR: Edit DocumentHeader to VoidMulti from SwarmMulti. Don't mess with MapInfo. You can change DocumentInfo if you want but it doesn't actually do anything that I can tell.
    And I don't know about casc soft, try it

malloc84's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a simple launcher to play LotV vs AI on 2015 Season 1 and 2 maps on any difficulty and any race. Thing is, blizzard didn't add proper AI code so AI uses HOTS only units. It is still great fun to learn mechanics and enjoy new features.

If I had the Cache from someone who has LotV Beta, it might be fixed.