1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beginners Guide to Jungleing.

Recently I have stopped the Playing of WoW and focused alot of time into League of Legends.
    After having 2 Accounts at level 30 and very little life I thought i'd contribute something for you guys so here it is.

Jungling

Jungling is what it is called when you go in the forest between the lanes and level up/gain gold by killing the camps. The advantage of jungling is that it allows two solo lanes so that there are two higher leveled people on your team, and if you are efficient enough, you can also be higher leveled than the dual lane.

These are the different aspects of a jungler
    Speed: How fast he can kill the creep camps and the entire jungle.
    Survivability: Is he able to sustain a high a-beep-t of health during the process? Or he is very susceptible to counter jungling?
    Sustainability: If he can sustain the jungling without going back to base every time because of different factors.
    Ganking: The ability to gank a lane. To gank can mean forcing the enemy to blow a summoner spell or outright killing them with aide from the laner.
    Invasion: The ability to counter-jungle.
    Path/Item builds: How versatile the champion is with the path (where does he start jungling) and items (if he can itemize accordingly to the enemy team).

Ganking is one of the most important aspect of jungling. It dictates the pace of laning and inputs pressure into overextended enemies. Some champions can perform ganks at the early levels (2 onwards), others gets more successful with at higher levels.

Counter-Jungling

The next important skill to perform is Counter-jungle, not all the junglers can do well in this aspect (that's why some junglers perform best in speed, in jungle control, some others in sustainability, ganking or anti counter-jungler) but it's very important. Usually requires a ward / an ally with clairvoyance, and the ability to predict the enemy jungler taking into account speed/versatility. It is not required to actually kill the enemy jungler, but deny him a couple of minions or even steal the major buffs (red and blue).

Take into account that you can be Counter-jungled if you are caught, seen by a ward or by clairvoyance! Try to be decisive with your ganks and deadly when striking the opponent.

Tip :Smite
    Smite is a mandatory* Summoner Spell if you plan on Jungling. It does massive damage to all non-champion enemies, and has a fast cooldown. Helps with your speed and counter jungling as well. - Note to get the proper technique figure around 500-600 damage from it for the kill secure.

Tip:Attention: Runes!
    Jungling requires early game assistance. The only way to get this is with Runes. Do not try jungling without them, as it is almost impossible to keep the pace without failing. Try to save Influence Points (IP) if you are very interested in jungling, as you will need it for runes.

Recommended Runes

Greater Mark of Alacrity (+1.7% attack speed)
    Greater Mark of Desolation (+1.66 armor penetration)
    Greater Seal of Resilience (+1.41 armor) preferred
    Greater Glyph of Shielding (+0.15 magic resist per level (+2.7 at champion level 1)
    Greater Glyph of Warding ( +1.49 magic resist)
    Greater Quintessence of Desolation (+3.33 armor penetration)
    Greater Quintessence of Fortitude (+26 health)

Junglers

These are the champions that have the easiest time in the Jungle and can perform the necessary tasks. Click on the portraits for more information!
    Warwick - Bruiser
    Shaco - Assassin
    Nunu - Tank/Mage/Support
    Nocturne - Assassin/Bruiser
    Udyr - Bruiser
    Trundle - Bruiser
    Olaf - Bruiser
    Amumu - Tank
    Cho Gath - Tank
    Lee Sin - Bruiser

Warwick

Best jungling aspect: Sustainability / Survivability

Due to Warwick's inherent lifesteal and abilities, he can regain health almost all the time, making him very sustained throughout the process. Skill like Hungering Strike, which heals Warwick for 100% of damage done by the ability and Hunters Call, boosts his attack speed by 50/55/60/65/70% for ten seconds.

Shaco

Best jungling aspect: Ganking / Invasion

Shaco is able to Jungle with his Jack in the Box ability, which puts down a stealthed Jack in the Box. When it is triggered it fears all nearby enemies and shoots at them for a time or until destroyed. Unlike most people who venture into the Jungle early, Shaco wants to grab the Lizard Elder if he wants to get an early gank and first blood. It requires atleast 4 Jack in the Boxes to take out the Lizard Elder. His ganking is devastating with a stealth jump, and can be one of the most deadly ones if well executed.

Nunu

Best jungling aspect: Invasion / Speed / Sustainability / Ganking

Nunu's ability to Jungle early is dependent on his Consume ability, which deals heavy damage to minions and heals him. He also has Blood Boil, which increases his attack and movement speeds. He has great control of the jungle, both the enemy side and his side. Using Consume + Smite combo, he can deny the enemy from important buffs (combined also with wards), speed up his own jungle, great Dragon and Baron control plus a slow which is devastating when ganking (in addition to the slow from the Lizard buff).

Udyr

Best jungling aspect: Versatility / Speed

His Turtle stance gives him a shield and life steal, which is essential for Jungling. At level two his ability to Jungle improves dramatically, because he has 2 stances to switch between to activate his passive ability, which gives him more attack speed. His versatility concerning builds and skills can help him deal unexpected situations or adapt to his team, either tanky, or more DPS oriented. He ganks using Bear form to stun enemies while increasing movement speed.

Trundle

Best jungling aspect: Survivability / Invasion / Anti-invasion

Trundle is one of the best Jungling champions in the game. With an inherent passive healing ability (Decompose) which heals Trundle whenever an enemy unit dies nearby and a spammable enhanced autoattack (Rapid bite), his speed and survivability is outstanding. Also, as he has a self buff and a Pillar who blocks terran and slows, he's also a great for counter-jungling and ganking, deadly wihtin the tiny passages of the jungle.

Nocturne

Best jungling aspect: Ganking / Speed / Versatility

Nocturne is one of the best gankers in the game. At level 6, his ultimate is a very long range jump-dash which blocks the enemy vision of the map plus, combined with his Fear and self shield (acts like a banshee's veil) there is almost no way to escape if you have overextended from a Nocturne's gank. During the frst levels of the jungle he's vulnerable to counter jungling but can overcome his squishiness with the Shield and Duskbringer ability to gain movement speed and run away.

Olaf

Best jungling aspect: Speed / Sustainability

The fastest jungler, Olaf the Berserker. Using his Undertow ability and Lifesteal, he shreds minions in no time, plus his passive makes him gain attackspeed for every percentage of health missing. A great feat for a jungler. Ganks are somewhat dependant on how well you can aim his throw axe (Undertow) ability into the enemy, but once close, he is really deadly bursting with a true damage nuke (Reckless Swing).

Amumu

Best jungling aspect: Speed

Amumu is one of the few tanks who can jungle fast and steady (paired with Cho gath). His passive (Cursed touch) which lowers the magic resistance of nearby enemies, combined with Despair and Tantrum for maximum effectiveness. He is somewhat vulnerable to counter jungling, and his ganks are dependant on how you can aim the skillshot (Bandage toss), but once level 6, there is no escaping from his Ultimate (Curse of the Sad Mummy) which is an AoE snare.

Others
    There are a lot of heroes which can jungle, like Master Yi, Xin Zhao, Lee Sin, Irelia, Rammus, Shen, Malphite, Tryndamere, Maokai, Cho Gath, but they require a coordinated team and specific rune setup to maximize their jungle capacity. It is recommended to acquire jungling experience with the above and then dive into the other champions.

The Creeps

Neutral and Buff Creeps that spawn in the jungle are much different than the minions that you can find in a lane. Some provide powerful buffs that can drastically improve your chances of winning while others can kill you if you try to take them on to early. Knowing which creep does what is invaluable when jungling:

Wolves

The weakest creeps in the Jungle, they come in groups of three, with a pair of Wolves and a Giant Wolf. The Wolves dont give that much experience compared to other creeps and are randomly spawned in the above areas. If they don't spawn there two Golems will be there instead. The Wolves give 16 gold and 50 experience, and the Giant Wolf gives 25 gold and 90 experience.

Golems

The Golems are the next weakest creeps, they come in pairs and both have the same health and damage. The Golems give more experience than the wolves, and are consequently harder to kill. They spawn in the same areas as the wolves do, so sometimes they will be in that area, and sometimes wolves will be there. Each Golem gives 30 gold and 140 experience.

The Ancient Golem

The Ancient Golem is one of the strongest creeps in the Jungle, the Ancient Golem itself has high health and damage, and also has two Young Lizards with it. The Ancient Golem is hard to take out without a full runeset and masteries (and even more without help), so be careful unless you are summoner level 28-30. The Young Lizards give you 10 gold and 30 experience. The Ancient Golem gives you 60 gold, 220 experience, and a special buff that decreases cooldowns and increases mana regeneration.

Wraiths

The Wraiths have weaker health and damage than the Golems, but there are also four of them, three Lesser Wraiths and a Wraith, and the Wraith has a passive lifesteal. The Wraiths are a little more challenging to kill than either the Golems or Wolves, so they give more experience then the other two. The Lesser Wraiths give 12 gold and 20 experience, and the Wraith gives 35 gold and 120 experience.

The Lizard Elder

The Lizard Elder is also one of the stronger creeps, The Lizard Elder has high damage and health, and its attack does damage over time. The Lizard Elder is slightly easier to kill than the Ancient Golem, so make sure you have leveled a time or two before you try to take it out. The Young Lizards give you 10 gold and 30 experience. The Lizard Elder gives 60 gold, 220 experience, and a special buff that slows enemies on attack and makes your attacks deal extra damage over time. The Lizard Elder is great for anyone who is ganking because of the slowing attack you get.

The Dragon

The Dragon is the second hardest creep to kill in the game, but also has one of the best rewards. You can't kill the dragon by yourself until at least level 10, level 6 if you have someone else there. The Dragon spawns in one location on the map near the river, with no other creeps with it. The Dragon gives the killer 25 gold and everyone one on the team 190 gold and 215 to the killer (190 + 25). Controlling the Dragon can win games because of the global gold is equivalent to approximately 7-8 creep kills (for each one of your team) or 2 enemy champion kills; you should be trying to kill it as early as possible and as often as possible. Make sure you don't neglect a lane thats dying in order to kill it though.

Baron Nashor

The Baron is the hardest creep on the map and very few champions can solo him. Do not try to solo him, only attempt to take him out at higher levels with your team helping. The Baron spawns 15 minutes into the game, though you are not likely to be strong enough to take him at that time. The Baron spawns at one location of the map and his creep sign is red. The Baron gives the killer 25 gold, the team 300 gold, the team 900 experence, and a global buff that raises all offensive capabilities. The rewards are high for killing the Baron, though so are the risks, if you are killed by him the other team will know and will come and try to kill you and steal the Baron for the buff. The Baron is great for helping you break through staunch defenses lategame.

Tips:Respawn times!

It is important to know when are they going to appear again, so that either we can Counter jungle or go back to base and beging again.
    Baron Nashor is 7 minutes
    The Dragon respawn is 6 minutes
    Golem and Lizard buffs respawn in 5 minutes
    Small camps (Wolfs, Mini golems) in 1:40 minutes

Tips:Creep armor values

Take into account that you can begin a game with 12 armor penetration (using runes/masteries), rendering the creeps armor to zero or almost zero (Wraiths, Dragon and Large golem/lizard have more than 12).
    Giant Wraith: 35 armor. Lesser Wraits: 30 armor.
    Large golem/lizard: 24 armor
    Dragon: 21 armor
    Small golems: 12 armor
    Giant Wolf: 9 armor. Mini wolves: 6 armor.
    Young lizards (Golem camp/Lizard camp): 8 armor

Obligations of the Jungler

There are several rules and obligations you have while Jungling, they are as follows:

Help the solo lanes - Always take over a lane for one of the solo lanes if they ask, this will help you get some solo experience and will allow your ally to go back for health, mana, and items without having to worry about the enemies pushing the lane hard.

Do not over extend yourself - At lower levels some of the creeps, like the Ancient Golem, can kill you, if you die then you put yourself at a steep disadvantage for the rest of the game.

Respond to gank requests - If an ally asks you to gank a lane, set yourself to jump out and initiate or let one of the people in the lane do it. Even if you fail the gank, you have taken pressure off that lane for a time which helps your allies in that lane. Sometimes an ally will ask for a gank when it is a bad idea and will likely get one or both of you killed, if someone asks for a gank like this tell them why it won't work.

Keep an eye on where enemies are - since you do not have to worry as much about being ganked, keep an eye on enemy movements and tell people if an enemy isn't where he is supposed to be. This could prevent potential ganks on your allies and keeps the enemy ganker from getting more gold and experience.
    Do not stay in the Jungle too long

Please Show your support and feedback as it is deeply appreciated Many thanks Chriss.

(I would add images and Colour to spice it up but im a noob at that.
    Last edited by Remus3; 06-28-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: making it purty
    https://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2422121.png
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Beginners Guide to Jungleing.
    sunshoes's Avatar Contributor FANCY UNICORN RIDER
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're missing some of the best junglers! Jungle Tier List - Draven Era - Jungle Tier List - Reign of Gaming
    Still lots of good info though +rep

For styling your post just use tags.
    [B]Bolded[/B] = Bolded
    [I]Italicized[/I] = Italicized
    [U]Underlined[/U] = Underlined
    [size=3]You can select any size between 1 and 7. This is 3.[/size] = You can select any size between 1 and 7. This is 3.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]You can select any hex colour codes. This is #FF0000.[/COLOR] = You can select any hex colour codes. This is #FF0000. Hex Color Codes
    [IMG]http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/images/styles/bluefox/misc/mmownedlogodesignmeursa.png[/IMG] =

All of these features are also available through the interface above the posting field.

xmodxdrx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your feedback, It's appreciated! You are correct I haven't quite finished and polished the list, I have only mentioned people I've tried to jungle with
    I would add those champions however since you've posted the link I'm Sure people will take a look but thank you very much.

Good luck Jungleing
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Tenni-T's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xmodxdrx View Post
    Thank you very much for your feedback, It's appreciated! You are correct I haven't quite finished and polished the list, I have only mentioned people I've tried to jungle with
    I would add those champions however since you've posted the link I'm Sure people will take a look but thank you very much.

Good luck Jungleing
    thanks for the efford. +rep !You should mention that smite is not always mandatory in case u play x champ or have coordinated hard leeshes with ur team etc

thx again
    Tenni-T (Tenned) - Contrib!

MMOwned - My favorite website of all times.

Hassliebe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tenni-T View Post
    thanks for the efford. +rep !You should mention that smite is not always mandatory in case u play x champ or have coordinated hard leeshes with ur team etc

thx again
    +rep for the OP

and i just wanted to mention i dont agree with you, because smite is not really for jungleing itself but for baron/dragon control mid/lategame.

just wanted to say

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most champs minus hard hitters and shaco need it for fast ganks at early game;
    the major bonus is the kill secure as you said for dragon /baron

despite this thread being a semi copy paste of an old guide (pre- dodge nerf) i did some tweaks to it. may help edit it later with better information.
    Last edited by Remus3; 06-28-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Tenni-T's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay what I meant was:

If this was to be a noob guide letting a noob think that smite is mandatory might make him queue dodge someone not picking it in solo q or something like that I just felt like u could add a note to it explaining what to use it for and what u can choose not to pick it for... Was just my 2c I do like the guide and think I already threw some rep @ OP =)
    Tenni-T (Tenned) - Contrib!

MMOwned - My favorite website of all times.

xmodxdrx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Remus3 View Post
    most champs minus hard hitters and shaco need it for fast ganks at early game;
    the major bonus is the kill secure as you said for dragon /baron

despite this thread being a semi copy paste of an old guide (pre- dodge nerf) i did some tweaks to it. may help edit it later with better information.
    I did have a Look to see if there was anything relevant to this but I couldn't find it, Admittedly I started this because I noticed on my iPhone there wasn't a Guide available.

I spose it is very true Smite isn't always the best option, Although on Such Champions as Shaco I wouldn't bother with Smite. Also with the right Runes and Tree Shaco can still solo Dragon at Level 1 it is doable. Not that Shaco is really the Topic here but thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by xmodxdrx; 06-29-2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Misunderstood Previous statement

cure1337's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a good guide though but jungle is not only about stuff like who is good to what. make a section about how to make better ganks and so on. it would help new junglers alot more imo!
    Good work anyways