Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's talk Lunara. High Skill Cap or Ass?

Let's talk Lunara
    High Skill Cap or Ass?

Who is Lunara?
    Ahhh The Great Outdoors! Lunara, one of the champions announced at this years Blizzcon hit Heroes of the Storm...by storm a little over a week ago. Queue the Warcraft 3 Night Elf Music. Lunara, the first daughter of Cenarius, is a dryad who specializes in ranged attacks, dot's, and high mobility. But all of these specializations come at a price.

How does Lunara Work?
    Let's start off with her skills. Her passive is Nature's Toxin which basically adds a DoT damage ability on her basic attacks that stacks up to 3 times which is great for bullying enemies in lane. Her First ability is Noxious Blossom which is a small AOE spell that explodes dealing a flat damage but also applies her passive DoT. So far so good right? On to her 2nd ability. Crippling Spores causes all targets who are suffering from Nature's Toxin to be slowed but ALSO get another stack of the Nature's Toxin on top of that. So if you hit somebody with an auto attack or your 1st ability for 3 seconds after you have the option to slow them. This sounds great since it works in sync with your other abilities but in the end it's a move that is only available if other things are triggered. Instead of giving her a flat slow ability you now have to do damage to the target you want slowed which isn't the easiest being that her auto attack range and Noxious Blossom range is super small. Oh did I forget to mention? Lunara has one of the smallest health pools in the game sitting at a Base Stat of 1300. So let's do the math shall we? Short range attacks and abilities along with a small health pool but also abilities that are limited to things you have damaged with prior abilities...yea not looking so good. But don't worry it gets worse.

Lunara's 3rd ability is Relocate Wisp. Basically a moving ward that serves such little purpose you wonder why it is taking up a main skill slot for your champion? As if the skill alone was not bad enough her level 4 talent options are ALL WISP UPGRADES! Hello? Is this thing on? I doubt any Lunara says "man we should hit level 4 before team fighting because I'll get this one talent that makes my moving ward cost no mana". Okay maybe I am being too hard on the girl let's have a look at her ultimate abilities.

Her first ultimate ability is Thornwood Vine which seems to be the popular choice right now at high level play. The ability sends forth vines that deal X damage to all enemies in a line and holds up to 3 charges. This move is great for her because its easy damage output from a good range and you can use it in quick succession. Her second ultimate ability on the other hand, which actually was more popular when she was first released, is Leaping Strike. You literally leap over an enemy like leap frog and slow them by 80% for half a second and deal X damage. This holds two charges. The reason this move was so popular was because of how high the damage output was per leap. The issue is your literally putting yourself in harms way in the hopes of leaping back out scotch free with your second charge. Sadly once you get to an MMR with half a brain you are CC'd in most team fight situations in terrible position. Mix that with the super low health pool I mentioned earlier and you have a dead dryad. The thing I feel happens all to often with Lunara is my teammate will catch somebody out with me near them and I can barely follow it up with significant burst damage or great CC. Instead you follow it up with a mediocre slow and DoT's which most of the time is not enough and the enemy gets away.

Is there anything cool about Lunara?

Sure there is. For starters she has a very OP talent at level 20 called Abolish Magic which when activated removes all stuns, roots, silences, slows, and damage over time effects from yourself and an ally. Also for 2 seconds AFTER the duration of stuns, roots, silences, and slows is reduced by 50%. Sadly this ability is overshadowed by other level 20 abilities that are standard ultimate ability upgrades which are super boring.

Also Lunara has some cool interactions when Murky is on her team and a bonus Warcraft 3 reference. (Turn down your sound before clicking these)

Another thing that is kind of cool is her 3 vanilla skin colors are 3 different seasons. You can check that out here.

And lastly, with Lunara came the Winter Veil patch which was pretty cool. Some new skins came out and some old ones from last year returned. Each map also had some decorations on them and unique winter themed victories once the core was blown up. You can check it all out in this official blog post. Also shout out to OwnedCore user Mantycore who commented on my Towers of Doom thread hoping for a Christmas themed map. We might not have got a unique map but they decorated all the others!

So I ask you Ownedcore Heroes of the Storm players. Is Lunara high skill cap or is she just ass?

If you think she is ass how would you fix her? Personally I think she needs more range and a higher basic attack speed so she can poke for more damage at a safer range.

That 37% is her win rate by the way. The LOWEST among all champions! Tell me what you guys think about this chick. Am I being too hard?

Let's talk Lunara.  High Skill Cap or Ass?
    Mantycore's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm famous now!

I don't know what to think about Lunara, i've already saw some good Lunara in quick match who were very annoying but she is seriously a glass canon. You can really kill her in few sec, just the time of a stun.

Moreover i don't get the point of her ulti which make her jump, this thing is really a low tier skill because she doesn't receive any invulnerability frame during the jump, that isn't normal. I remember a game where i just shot a Lunara with a ball from my azmodan, she died during the jump. Furthermore everybody is afraid to use that skill, it is so dangerous to use.

About the christmas map i think we might have that next year, but the chance are low. If you think about it, it would be strange to have all the year a map about christmas. Besides the map with the headless horseman is not totaly weird with the theme of the other map. I saw a video on youtube where a dude talk about that map, and he makes me take conscious that in reality the raven is presents in many maps, even if he is not talking we can in fact see him on some statues in the 1st map of HoTS for instance, and in the same map the golem is in reality an undead creature who serve probably the reaper and is probably trying to invade the territory of the raven. On the headless horseman's map, cores are shooting with ammo in realtion of the divinity we are teamed with, skull head for the reaper (the same skulls we gather in the 1st map), and for the raven we shoot raven's head.
    HoTS has a deep lore

3. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Mantycore for this useful post)