0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[gold] Forced demand, or how I made 300 extra gold easily

Apologies in advance if this is a repost, I will try to explain this in as few words possible. I bought an epic pattern for 225 g and sold it for 600 g, but this guide is about how I managed to force some demand on my pattern to sell that pattern quickly and make that kind of gold, and how you can do it too. Its easy, just follow the steps, and you'll be making extra gold on all sales in no time flat.

The idea: FORCED DEMAND: You are setting up your item to be sold on the auction house by making alot of people think its worth more than it actually is. This is easiest with things that are not put up on the AH often, ie, epic patterns, and harder to do with commonly sold items, but I imagine you could pull it off.

Example: you hawk your epic pattern on the trade channel, you get 3 tells, they all ask you "how much" cuz you didn't specify in the channel. To one tell you say an outrageous price, for example a stack of netherweave (assuming it goes for 3 g a stack), you would say "8 g a stack". To the second and third tells you say something above average, like 4-6 g a stack. Now this is easier with epic patterns cuz you don't have other people to deal with. The idea is that you want them to consult their guildies on the price of your item/s (ideally not netherweave cloth, something rarer). Now their guildies know that the price of that object is high, but they are not willing to pay that price because they want to resell it at a profit.

In effect: (rare pattern example, which is actually worth about 400 g)

1. Rare pattern price sets to tells: 900, 750, 650 gold, to each tell
    Person : thinks its worth "X" gold less, consults guildies on offer possibilities
    Guildies : Say "no thats too mutch. Ask lower".
    You: turn down any offers much less than your price sets, unless they are good.

2. Now for the good part. Now you have:
    Person: thinks its worth whatever guildies said it was, willing to pay their offer
    Guildies : willing to pay whatever they said it was

In turn, you post the pattern on the auction house depending on what the person offered you, lets say the "low" person offered 400 gold. That is their "profit price", but they got that price as a reduced version of what their "reccomended" price is, ie, what the guildies said, probably 50-100 less than what the guildies said if you're dealing with epix.

The "middle" and "outrageous" price tells are bait, they will tell their guildies "lol guys this guy's trying to sell [pattern] for "Y" gold". Now with the laws of rounding taken into account, they will buy the pattern for approx 2/3 of whatever the person said it was. Just a rule of thumb, not scientifically correct.

Now, you can post your pattern on the AH with a bid of 500 and a buyout of 600, and it will sell with little trouble. You have in effect advertised yourself en masse, and in effect, fooled people into thinking your item is worth more than it is.

Regarding general advertisement if they do not have/talk to guildies: As long as a price is put over the trade channel, it is influencing someone. Even if someone goes "lol you could get that for "X" gold on the AH", now someone has advertised a price for you, which, if it is a good price, you should follow their advertising, or even slightly lower than what they say, because people are now more likely to buy that item at/lower than that price.

If you say "wts [X] 900 g" someone is going to subconciously store the thought that they need to buy that if it goes alot lower so they can sell it for profit, which it will, because you are the one pricing it.

Post comments/suggestions
    MMOWNED forever!
    Last edited by Skizzilini; 12-16-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: forgot to add a secion
    Much cred to Bob_Magic for this sig

[gold] Forced demand, or how I made 300 extra gold easily
    spike999's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if they dont talk to their guildeez

discover the secret to getting off your flight path anywhere HERE.

Skizzilini's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forgot to add a section regarding general advertisement. As long as it is put over the trade channel, it is influencing someone. Even if someone goes "lol you could get that for "X" gold on the AH", now someone has advertised a price for you, which, if it is a good price, you should follow their advertising, or even slightly lower than what they say.

If you say "wts X 900 g" someone is going to subconciously store the thought that they need to buy that if it goes alot lower so they can sell it for profit, which it will, because you are the one pricing it.
    Much cred to Bob_Magic for this sig

treyska's Avatar Drummer / Designer
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in effect, you're advertising the item for at least 2x its actual cost at the beginning, hoping that it will lower down to about 1.25x its actual price?

Jomal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it not easier to play noob, put pattern on AH with ur main, example TK pattern, urs is the only one on AH. U put it for 600g, then logg another char and say WTB blabla 900g! and someone stupid might buy it :d