Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Datamine Journal #1 - Diablo 3 Deathmatch and Future patches

Here are some interesting finds I managed to pick up from Diablo 3 files. Here you will find information about the ditched
    PvP mode for Diablo 3 (Deathmatch) and some very uncertain future patch predictions supported by these datamines.

Why would you be interested in this? There is a high chance Blizzard will reintroduce some (or most) of their ideas in
    some other concept of matchmaking, this kind of behavior has been noted for years in the scene and is to be expected
    here as well. Rumors at the end of the thread are there just to bring out discussion, they are not just very improbable but
    also potentially very old.

Sources are listed under the corresponding *.stl filenames. STL is short for Stringlist which in other words means lines
    of text that are displayed (or meant to be displayed) in-game. You can view the filetype documentation here.

Matchmaking summary
    - This is how it would have been -

-You can enter matchmaking with a predefined team or solo
    -PvP statistics and history are visible on your profile main screen
    -Party leader can queue an entire (4v4) team for matchmaking
    -There is a delay when queuing for another match
    -Achievements and banner decorations can be achieved from matchmaking
    -Each player will be given accolades based on their matches
    -As an example, here are some of them:
    • Unstoppable - Longest Kill Streak
    • Archon Master - X kills with Archon active
    • Wingman - Most assists
    • The Feared - Most kills
    • Juggernaut - Fewest deaths
    • Steamroller - Most damage done
    • Punchbag - Most damage taken
    • Medic - Most healing done
    • Teleporter - Most teleports
    • Avenger - X avenger kills before dying
    • Streaker - Longest kill streak

-There are also literally dozens of class-specific accolades, some of which being:
    • A little longer - Longest life! X seconds (Wizard)
    • Time Traveler - Cast slow X times (Wizard)
    • Missile Launcher - X damage with Magic Missile (Wizard)
    • Frantic - X damage with Frenzy (Barbarian)
    • Iron Foot - Cast ground stomp X times (Barbarian)
    • Imposing presence - Killed X enemies with Wrath of the Berserker active (Barbarian)
    • Hazard Maker - Cast caltrops X times (Demon Hunter)
    • Big appetite - X damage with Hungering Arrow (Demon Hunter)
    • Acrobat - Cast Vault X times (Demon Hunter)
    • Eye of the Storm - X damage with Cycloning Strike (Monk)
    • Thousand Foot First - X damage with Deadly Reach (Monk)
    • Can't Touch This - Cast Inner Sanctuary X times (Monk)
    • Voodoo Master - Cast Big Bad Voodoo X times (Witch Doctor)
    • Undertaker - X damage with Grasp of the Dead (Witch Doctor)
    • Thriller - X damage with Wall of the Zombies (Witch Doctor)

-When playing a match:
    • There is a minimap for quickly locating friendly players
    • Deaths in matchmaking cause no durability loss
    • Potions do not consume when used
    • Hardcore character death is not permanent
    • You can either:
      1. Get a player kill
      2. Assist in player kill
      3. Help in a player kill

-Rewards for winning matches:
    • PvP Tokens
    • Gold
    • Experience

-PvP Tokens can accordingly be redeemed for
    • (Timed) boosts in Magic and Gold Find
    • Random items

-PvP Tokens are redeemed by Gryffith the Warmaster at New Tristram's Slaughtered Calf Inn
    Sources (stripped)

PvP Vendor Lines - Conv_PvP_Vendor_InTown.stl
    Line1 May you ever be victorious! A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line1F May you ever be victorious! A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line3 This is how it works—to the winners go the spoils! A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line3F This is how it works—to the winners go the spoils! A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line2 Winning is about persistence. Persistence and finely-crafted weapons. A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line2F Winning is about persistence. Persistence and finely-crafted weapons. A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line4 I've considered giving a little something to the losers, but then I realized I like being rich. A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line4F I've considered giving a little something to the losers, but then I realized I like being rich. A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line5 Sometimes I travel so much that I almost forget which town I'm in... but I still know a warrior when I see one! A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line5F Sometimes I travel so much that I almost forget which town I'm in... but I still know a warrior when I see one! A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line6 All hail the victorious fighter of... Wait... Where are you from again? forgetful, not dismissive A1_UniqueVendor_PVP Line6F All hail the victorious fighter of... Wait... Where are you from again? forgetful, not dismissive
    Trade.stl
    PVPŽRedeem PvP TokeŒPVPTokenLabel¸A RedeemPVPTokens Redeem 100 PvP TokePVPRedeemButtonLabelÿRedeem %d PvP Tokens for items!pend tokens to get fat loots! Spend tokens to get fat loots! Spend tokens to get fat loots! Spendÿ tokens to get fat loots! Spend tokens to get fat loots! Spend tokens to get fat loots! Spend tokens to get fat loots! Spend tok”ens to get fat loots!
    Bnet_MatchMaking.stl
    ¨DeathMatchQueue DeathMatch QueuedByLeader¶The matchmaking search was canceled by the party leader
    BannerPatterns.stl
    PvP_01_mips pvp 1PvP_02_mips pvp 2PvP_03_mips pvp 3PvP_04_mips pvp 4PvP_05_mips pvp 5PvP_06_mips pvp 6PvP_07_mips pvp 7Pv¡P_08_mips pvp 8PvP_Barbarian_mips¶pvp barb patterPvP_demonhunter_mips pvp dhPvP_monk_mipsµpvp mon banner_PvP_pattern_PvP_witchdoctor_mips pvp wd¡banner_PvP_pattern_PvP_wizard_mips‰pvp wizard
    H2OLayout.stl (note the name)
    XPGRenownperienceRewardLabelGoldRewardLabel GolPVPTokensRewardLabel¤PvP Tokens:
    PvPLoadScreenTips.stl
    GÉTIP001 Use the mini-map to locate your teammates and join the fray! TIP002 Discuss tactics and class strategies with your team before joining games! TIP003 Death is never permanent in PvP, so bring your hardcore characters! TIP004 Use terrain that blocks line of sight when recovering or planning an ambush. TIP005 Check the Match Summary screen after the battle to see which accolades you earned. TIP006 Track PvP statistics and history in your Profile on the main screen. TIP007 Team Deathmatch games last 10 minutes. Make them count! TIP008 To the victor go the spoils!
    Earn gold, experience, and PvP tokens from Team Deathmatch games. TIP009 Earn takedowns by assisting or landing the killing blow! TIP010 Don’t stray too far from your team. Strength in numbers! TIP011 Drinking a potion in PvP games does not consume it. TIP012 Don’t sweat over repair costs!
    Gear loses no durability during PvP games. TIP013 If you enjoyed playing with a team, queue together again for another game. TIP014 Play smart! There’s no shame in running when your health is low. TIP015 Visit Gryffith the Warmaster at New Tristram’s Slaughtered Calf Inn to redeem PvP tokens for items.
    PvP.stl
    4v4 MatchmakQueueAgainŠQueue AgainºEligibleForPvp Eligible for PvP in: {s1}artyEligibleForPvpØYour party can't queue for PvP:
    {s1}akedownDetails Kills: {s1}Assists: {s2}Deaths: {s3}
    Accolades.stl
    -Too long to be added. Contains information about titles-

Future patches

Please note: This information is not even close to 100% certain, believe what you want!
    There is a high chance of this information being old or false in the name of sudden changes, rejection
    and/or delaying.

Summary
    -Looks like there will be a benefit in form of a buff for those who play multiplayer. (most certain one)
    -Blizzard seems to be working on a new lobby.
    -There will be titles rewarded for completing acts/other game objectives
    -Meeting room
    -Titles for different difficulties
    -Local (LAN) games
    -Vial of Resurrection
    (-Matchmaking servers)
    -Reserved names (ladder?)
    -Rune enchancements
    -Bind on equip
    -PvP - Free For All

Source: Various H2O.stl files view them here
    General.stl
    ltiplayerBuffTurnedOn Multiplayer buff ON!ªMultiplayerBuffTurnedOffltiplayer buff OFF!

Bonus

Looks like players purchasing Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm will be rewarded (at least) with an achievement
    It also looks like players with old sets like Natalya's Wrath will be rewarded with an achievement. Blizzard trying to create
    collector's items to preserve their value of the Diablo 3 itempool? Clever.

Achievements.stl
    Award_Retroactively_Tag Retroactively AwardImmortalKingTalRashasWrappingTalRashasInnasMajessSpirisSpiriNatalyasWrNatal yasWrHOTSQ—ueeStarCraft II: HeSwarm

Thanks for reading!
    Hopefully I will be able to produce another entry of Datamine Journal anytime soon. Stay tuned and keep your mind open!

~Xel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Datamine Journal #1 - Diablo 3 Deathmatch and Future patches-2vfe08wotxdi1355984510454-png  
    Last edited by Xel; 01-07-2013 at 09:17 PM.

VoTuUS's Avatar Visions of the Unknown CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    44/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a very good read, alot of things I definately didn't know about.. thanks Xel +7

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -There will be titles rewarded for completing acts/other game objectives
    -Meeting room
    -Titles for different difficulties
    -Local (LAN) games
    -Vial of Resurrection
    (-Matchmaking servers)
    -Reserved names (ladder?)
    -Rune enchancements
    -Bind on equip
    -PvP - Free For All
    These ones I found to be old and not likely implemented. They have been on the files forever.
    Multiplayer buff and achievements for old itemsets/HoS should hold true, however.

Dark_Mage-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lol'd when I dug around the beta files and saw they were going to try and balance teams by offering stat buffs. That always works so well in games.