Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple Bots w/ VMware, 1 PC

Hi all,

So I have been botting for a few weeks and I wanted to pick your brains a touch as to the most efficient way to run multiple bots/accounts on one PC using VMware. What is a realistic # that one PC can run; I have a slightly dated PC. Here are the important stats:

AMD Phenom X4 2.5 GHz
    8 GD DDR2 SDRAM
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU
    1GB
    Non-SSD HDD

I realize this setup is dated, but I am curious how many autoit setups running d3 I can do using VMware.

Any feedback is helpful, thanks.

-aqua

Multiple Bots w/ VMware, 1 PC
    ALWIN21's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 bots.

3 running in vmware and one on your main desktop, you may be able to run more but it'l lag.

Run with lowest settings and try with 1.4gb ram or less, pr vm instance.

IF you bot use a lot of seachimage, means it's gonna eat up a lot of CPU.. it's sometimes better to turn imageseaching off and not loot much if you using autoIT
    Last edited by ALWIN21; 07-21-2012 at 10:37 PM.

ALWIN21's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bot though, i just got recently banned :I

I was using autoIT and i thought i was never gonna be detected... but i was so wrong.. sarkorth runs create a pattern, so if you gonna bot, you want no pattern.. no replayaiblity

Rakurai's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't set up multiple bots in VMs yet, but this guide seems like a good starting point for getting it stripped down:
    [GUIDE] VMware + D3 | they way it shoud be done

It is mostly geared for DB, but some of the concepts are good for anything you do, such as installing D3 only once, sharing it, and creating links so D3 can't tell the difference.

There is also a good, more basic guide on this forum:
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diab...r-pc-free.html (Running in VMWare - allows ANY resolution, multi-bot, all while your PC is free.)

Sharing an installation is probably a good idea with or without an SSD so your hard drive can do some caching, but if you're serious about it, a <$100 64 gig SSD would be a big improvement in performance, since your CPU and RAM is probably sufficient for sustaining 4 bots. If you follow the topmost guide, I believe it recommends either 1 or 1.5 gigs RAM per stripped Win7/D3 install.

After that, your CPU is the limitation. Make sure to give each VM at least 2 cores to use, or even all 4. Let VMware handle shuffling the load however it sees fit.