0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Program] DPS Calculator + Compare [update 6/7/2012]

Hi so me and my friend have been working on this little program a little while now and feel its finally ready to be released, i didn't do any of the coding just the graphics so any question like that i will ask him, but here is his release post, Enjoy!

Download to this app is:http://http://www.d3swl.com/downloads.php

Current working features:
    Single Hand
    Duel Weild
    Save/Load
    Item Compare

I have been working on a project that started out as a personal calculator and instead turned into something to make for everyone else {why not}! Thanks to my friend who did some form of design to make it look nicer.

Its coded in Adobe Air ( Adobe - Adobe AIR ) – compatible with Windows and Mac, I do not believe it is supported on Linux (sorry guys ).

Like most other peoples calculators this one is not perfect it would appear the game rounds numbers in weird and wonderful ways (which means that there are minor deviations).

I obviously intend to keep developing this but would love feedback and if anyone spots an obvious mistake please e-mail me (contact info in the app).

Please do not laugh at the cheesy name did not know what else to call it :x
    Last edited by Doondoons; 07-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.

DPS Calculator + Compare
    liliass's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can not download the file :Z

Brigantaggior's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same.
    "This file is currently set to private."

Doondoons's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry the program was updated, we got dual wielding a little closer to the correct figures.

edited the link above

FallingReign's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice little program, I was toying with the idea of something similar in c++ that would automatically add the equipped items for you. It would also display an overlay in game of a comparable item when pressing a hotkey. Who knows if I'll ever complete it..

Anyway, the real point of this reply is to mention an additional feature you might consider. For example you compare an AH item that is better than your equipped item. In most circumstances you would purchase the new item. I would recommend creating an import button to add the "compared item" to your characters equipped items. At the moment you need to add the item manually, being able to copy the stats to the appropriate equipped slot would be a real time saver.
    If you made this change I think I would switch to this rather than use my beefy excel sheet.

Best of luck with it.. By the way nice work with the graphics.

travis2861's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also look at the naming for the popup windows that appear when you click on a slot. AmuletPanel Panel seems a bit redundant :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA yea, still beta phase, we have a new formula we are working with, hopefully make things a lot better, unfortunately the panel panel is part of the flex coding, since i'm designer i don't really know how to change this, i do however hope to create some background and header for those panels, its on our to-do list

Anyway, the real point of this reply is to mention an additional feature you might consider. For example you compare an AH item that is better than your equipped item. In most circumstances you would purchase the new item. I would recommend creating an import button to add the "compared item" to your characters equipped items. At the moment you need to add the item manually, being able to copy the stats to the appropriate equipped slot would be a real time saver.
    If you made this change I think I would switch to this rather than use my beefy excel sheet.
    since you can't export xml's from the game this wont ever possible unless blizzard enable it! however, if you know something else we dont, this would make our lives soooo much easier

Thanks (especially for the kind words about the graphics )
    Last edited by Doondoons; 07-03-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New build released, dual wield is believed to be working 100% in compare feature. any feedback if you find otherwise would be great!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Doondoons View Post
    since you can't export xml's from the game this wont ever possible unless blizzard enable it! however, if you know something else we dont, this would make our lives soooo much easier

Thanks (especially for the kind words about the graphics )
    I would basically read the stats from the memory directly and not rely on the games functionality at all. You just need to find the correct location for each item and of for the tooltips when you compare.

I still think creating a button to copy your compared item into your equipped item slot would be easily done and beneficial.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That feature is actually something we had thought about, just perfecting the main features were the main priority (which now SHOULD be done) we can now look at synthetics and possibly eventually EHP.

Reading the memory is pretty hardcore and way beyond our knowledge :-P (for now hehe) also not sure adobe air is capable of reading memory, plus you start doing things like that people then be ooooo sketchy what they reading in my memory lol also would warden not be an issue here?
    Last edited by Doondoons; 07-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest haven't really thought about the repercussions. We would have to get someone a little more familiar with warden to be able to answer that.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some research it, appears flex cannot read process memory therefor would have to add an external callback function to a program in C/++/#, however if this is something that may be flagged by warden, i really don't think it would be worth doing, i know i wouldn't want to get my account banned just for a damage calculator.

qu9ke's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh I don't understand if I'm some sort of special case or something when it comes to these dps calculators. They seem so inaccurate to me. The last two I've tried (including this one) seemed to like... double or triple my dps than what it actually was ingame, and I know I put everything in correctly.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello qu9ke, sorry to hear you been having troubles, would be interested in the trouble your having here, maybe if you could email me your save.xml and perhaps a pic of your stats in game, failing that, typing a list of your stats so we can replicate the issue and try and sort out whats the problem

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by antrox View Post
    time spent for nothing here lol.

100% accurate and way better without virus and stuff....

The Asian Gamer | Pew Pew Lasers, And All That Jazz
    Thanks for your input, duly noted, i see how a huge page that only saves for a few days would be so much more beneficial, i could list at the LEAST 10 reasons why people would prefer a program over a website.

Not saying its crap what he has done its very good, but it has holes just like ours will have holes but we can improve a program to a level you couldn't reach in a web browser. if you prefer to use that, then that is your PERSONAL opinion, others opinion may be to use a program, the fact you came here and said what you did just makes you look an idiot and a moron.

As for being 100% accurate if you knew anything of the math involved, you would know it is impossible to be 100% accurate due to how the game not showing certain things that would be impossible to know due to rounding also, unless blizzard released their exact formula (which they havnt yet).

Thanks
    Last edited by Doondoons; 07-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast