0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D3 Headless Client?

I am wondering if anyone has already developed a headless client for D3. All I am looking to do is log in and then pull the Auction House data (that part I can easily code up), so it doesn't need to be very sophisticated. I just want to be able to run a cron job that scans the AH every hour or so.

I'd rather not have to write one from scratch if someone already did the work.

--Muaziz
    D3Inferno.com

D3 Headless Client?
    Chucksta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "headless client for D3" ........ "pull the Auction House data"

This will be great, but won't that require the AH to be available via the website, which I don't believe it is at the moment.

Without the AH being available on the website, it will be difficult to create a headless client. I suppose you could build one based on the existing Diablo III pages.... hmm

I've done this in PHP (server based) for affiliate marketing purposes, but quite fancy trying out another language. What programming language do people recommend for creating a headless client for this AH ? MS Windows based, preferably

Muaziz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
    This will be great, but won't that require the AH to be available via the website, which I don't believe it is at the moment.
    Blizz took many years before it made the WoW AH data available for download via a REST API. Doubt it will take that long for D3, but it's not something I expect anytime soon.

Without the AH being available on the website, it will be difficult to create a headless client. I suppose you could build one based on the existing Diablo III pages.... hmm
    A "headless client" is something that can autonomously connect into the D3 server and perform some basic operations. So yes, it is a VERY slimmed down version of the D3 executable. The hard part is getting all of the authentication code working so that the server doesn't detect the fact that it is not actually talking to a real D3 game client. I'm still working on that...

I've done this in PHP (server based) for affiliate marketing purposes, but quite fancy trying out another language. What programming language do people recommend for creating a headless client for this AH ? MS Windows based, preferably
    I use PHP for the data processing, loading into databases, and rendering the pages. However, the headless client is currently in C# (since I've been doing more and more Mooege stuff recently). I may end up containing some Assembler code as well (if I need to rip out parts of the battle.net.dll that I can't easily re-code).

Chucksta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
    A "headless client" is something that can autonomously connect into the D3 server and perform some basic operations.
    Ah ha, I confused a headless browser with a headless client!

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to take a look at this Mooege stuff, as C# has been my main language for a long time now.

Muaziz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to take a look at this Mooege stuff, as C# has been my main language for a long time now.
    In that case, I highly recommend that you have a look at Mooege. It is the open-source D3 server emulator project. The folks there have done an amazing job. Even though my recent focus has been more on client-side work, the Mooege server code have been an invaluable treasure trove of information.

--Muaziz
    D3Inferno.com

JordanD3's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ha, I confused a headless browser with a headless client!

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to take a look at this Mooege stuff, as C# has been my main language for a long time now.
    Haha I did the exact same thing