3/93
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal Method of GPS Spoofing

So, obviously many of us want to Spoof on POGO. We all have our reasons; some of us are lazy, others are legitimately unable to go out and play... but old methods are no longer working. Here's my personal method to GPS Spoofing on Pokemon Go.

What's Needed:
    1. Rootable Android Device (I get these off apps like LetGo, OfferUp, CraigsList, Ebay, etc.... I have about 19 phones)
    2. Magisk Root Manager (This is available from XDA-Developers)
    3. Ability to Custom ROM the device (depending on how new the device is)
    4. Check the installed version of Android on the device
    5. Fake GPS App (everyone likes something a little different)

Some of the major reasons old GPS Spoofing methods don't work is due to Google patching up a security hole in which allowed the GPS spoofing on games and apps. GPS Spoofing and Account Info Spoofing has played a large role in a ton of exploits on a multitude of Android Apps. Great Example would be Racing Rivals. For a long time, we were able to get In-App Purchases for almost 80% off just by spoofing our device location and changing our Play Store country location. That easy

Why do I need an "Old Android Device" to do this? Can't I just use my current phone?
    That largely depends on what kind of device you have. Also depends on which version of Android is installed on the device, and what Security Patches have been recently applied to said device. This is why I say get an older device that doesn't receive updates from Google/Manufacturers anymore.

What do you use?
    Galaxy S5 G900V Bootloader Unlocked running SlimLP 6.0.1 rooted with Magisk. Spoofing works 100%
    Samsung Rugby AT&T Rooted with Magisk Android 5.0.1. Spoofing works 100%
    HTC M7 and M8 both Rooted/Bootloader Unlocked running CyanogenMod 6.0/6.1 rooted with Magisk

Rooting with Magisk Root Manager
    This is very easy to do, although largely depends on if the device is already rooted or has a Custom Recovery installed. Its much easier if you have TWRP or CWM Custom Recovery as you just flash a Zip file and its done! You have to actually use something like KingRoot to root if you're using Magisk Root Manager to root the device. Kind of a backwards way to go about it, but the reason Magisk is recommended is because it has a very well made Root Hiding method. POGO Will work on Any device that's heavily modified as long as Magisk is installed and being use.

Everything you need to know about magisk is available here at its official XDA Release thread link
    [2017.4.26] Magisk v12.0 - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 5.0+]

I think my point there has been made. Getting an older device won't cost you hardly anything, and you can have multiples, make scripts to use Auto Macro Recorder and bot right on devices for things like egg hatching! Tutorial on this later.

I'm sure I missed some stuff here, so leave questions below and I'll answer best I can

Personal Method of GPS Spoofing
    lcarus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TechXPlays View Post
    So, obviously many of us want to Spoof on POGO. We all have our reasons; some of us are lazy, others are legitimately unable to go out and play... but old methods are no longer working. Here's my personal method to GPS Spoofing on Pokemon Go.

What's Needed:
    1. Rootable Android Device (I get these off apps like LetGo, OfferUp, CraigsList, Ebay, etc.... I have about 19 phones)
    2. Magisk Root Manager (This is available from XDA-Developers)
    3. Ability to Custom ROM the device (depending on how new the device is)
    4. Check the installed version of Android on the device
    5. Fake GPS App (everyone likes something a little different)

Some of the major reasons old GPS Spoofing methods don't work is due to Google patching up a security hole in which allowed the GPS spoofing on games and apps. GPS Spoofing and Account Info Spoofing has played a large role in a ton of exploits on a multitude of Android Apps. Great Example would be Racing Rivals. For a long time, we were able to get In-App Purchases for almost 80% off just by spoofing our device location and changing our Play Store country location. That easy

Why do I need an "Old Android Device" to do this? Can't I just use my current phone?
    That largely depends on what kind of device you have. Also depends on which version of Android is installed on the device, and what Security Patches have been recently applied to said device. This is why I say get an older device that doesn't receive updates from Google/Manufacturers anymore.

What do you use?
    Galaxy S5 G900V Bootloader Unlocked running SlimLP 6.0.1 rooted with Magisk. Spoofing works 100%
    Samsung Rugby AT&T Rooted with Magisk Android 5.0.1. Spoofing works 100%
    HTC M7 and M8 both Rooted/Bootloader Unlocked running CyanogenMod 6.0/6.1 rooted with Magisk

Rooting with Magisk Root Manager
    This is very easy to do, although largely depends on if the device is already rooted or has a Custom Recovery installed. Its much easier if you have TWRP or CWM Custom Recovery as you just flash a Zip file and its done! You have to actually use something like KingRoot to root if you're using Magisk Root Manager to root the device. Kind of a backwards way to go about it, but the reason Magisk is recommended is because it has a very well made Root Hiding method. POGO Will work on Any device that's heavily modified as long as Magisk is installed and being use.

Everything you need to know about magisk is available here at its official XDA Release thread link
    [2017.4.26] Magisk v12.0 - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 5.0+]

I think my point there has been made. Getting an older device won't cost you hardly anything, and you can have multiples, make scripts to use Auto Macro Recorder and bot right on devices for things like egg hatching! Tutorial on this later.

I'm sure I missed some stuff here, so leave questions below and I'll answer best I can
    Would an S6 running 6.0.1 or does it have to be an S5? I was running Magisk previously and it was getting detected by safety net.

pogomaniac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the cheapest android phones I can get this to work on?

And ... I just use "Fly GPS" to spoof, on a non-root android. Why do you bother to do anything else with Magisk, and other apps?

pogotrainee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does your methode avoid rubberbanding when spoofing?
    What xposed modules do you use? (if any)

TechXPlays's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/93
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had any luck with anything based on Xposed. I'm still doing the old school method of switching back and forth of apps... From POGO to Fake GPS, setting the location and back

My method doesn't have rubber banding. I'm using Fake GPS Pro still with the pro features unlocked. When I get my samsung phones charged, I'll edit the post and put exact settings. I'm not going to have a chance at the moment to get them running as I'm not home

Kurtiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand how to root my phone. I have an samsung s7 edge and a nexus 6p. Which should i do this with and is there a step by step guide? Or can someone dumb it down for me?