Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer some questions:

What API is it built upon
    The ultimate backend is a combination of Pokemon-Go-Node-API and Pogobuf. There is a lot of custom code built upon both.

Why are some Pokemon more expensive?
    I have to cover server costs. At the moment, with current load, the servers and bandwidth are costing almost $1000 a month to run and this is increasing by ~15% per day - I can't provide the entire service for free. The alternative is to have adverts on the site, which I really want to avoid.

If you do not wish to pay, you can instead use the co-ordinates provided on-screen and use a 3rd party tool to catch them. You are not forced to pay, I'll emphasise that again.

Can you get banned
    If you're reckless, yes. As part of developing the system I've created 2 accounts and set them up to automatically catch 1 of every Pokemon, which took 2 days. They are not yet banned. I would recommend using the tool and ensuring that you do not immediately then login to your Pokemon GO app, but leave it 30 minutes. The site will geo-locate you around the world to catch the Pokemon required.

Better tutorial
    The help section at the top gives most information, but I'll see what I can do. The process is as simple as register an account, then click "Catch".
    Last edited by capturepokemon; 08-26-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Raflesia's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    27/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by capturepokemon View Post

The ultimate backend is a combination of Pokemon-Go-Node-API and Pogobuf. There is a lot of custom code built upon both.

Why are some Pokemon more expensive?
    I have to cover server costs. At the moment, with current load, the servers and bandwidth are costing almost $1000 a month to run and this is increasing by ~15% per day - I can't provide the entire service for free. The alternative is to have adverts on the site, which I really want to avoid.

If you do not wish to pay, you can instead use the co-ordinates provided on-screen and use a 3rd party tool to catch them. You are not forced to pay, I'll emphasise that again.

Can you get banned
    If you're reckless, yes. As part of developing the system I've created 2 accounts and set them up to automatically catch 1 of every Pokemon, which took 2 days. They are not yet banned. I would recommend using the tool and ensuring that you do not immediately then login to your Pokemon GO app, but leave it 30 minutes. The site will geo-locate you around the world to catch the Pokemon required.

Better tutorial
    The help section at the top gives most information, but I'll see what I can do. The process is as simple as register an account, then click "Catch".
    Server costs of $1000? What? I can get unlimited bandwidth with 99.99% uptime for $25 lol.

capturepokemon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Raflesia View Post
    Server costs of $1000? What? I can get unlimited bandwidth with 99.99% uptime for $25 lol.
    The primary cost is around our mapping and catching servers, where bandwidth is not the problem, but CPU power is. The webservers themselves are taking the most punishment from scrapers (which I expected), but isn't affecting the service.

For a little context, the number of requests to capture Pokemon have more than quadrupled in the past 24 hours, the site is now catching an average of 5 Pokemon a second, each of which requires a new process spinning up.

This service is different to any other service currently offered, as we're taking the hit on the full lifecycle of finding, catching and asertaining Pokemon for the user. All you have to do, is click "Catch".

Last edited by capturepokemon; 08-26-2016 at 02:21 PM.

caiobortoli's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    7/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by capturepokemon View Post

u6, u10 and u22 solved?

lemurecat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iv working?

mindrek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logged in Looking for Oddish Found Oddish Engaged Oddish I have 50 Pokeballs, 80 Greatballs and 41 Ultraballs Updated inventory Trying to catch Error! Oddish got away

got this everytime no matter what pokemon i chose, caught 0 pokemons and used the 100 free coins lol.

Recazy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha nice tool^^ I like it.

SonicRunners's Avatar Member

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tested it... great site.

SonicRunners's Avatar Member

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mindrek View Post
    Logged in Looking for Oddish Found Oddish Engaged Oddish I have 50 Pokeballs, 80 Greatballs and 41 Ultraballs Updated inventory Trying to catch Error! Oddish got away

got this everytime no matter what pokemon i chose, caught 0 pokemons and used the 100 free coins lol.
    Because you got soft banned... you had to wait a time before logging in that site. Cant change location so quick.

briii's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect site to get a full pokedex! Just wondering how many coins would it cost to catch all of them?

akoba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give it a try. And this is what I get CapturePokemon - Browser based Pokemon capturing-image-gif i get charge on my Paypal and did not see the new coins (200).

darkx069's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (67%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it good?
    trying it now.

mindrek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sonicrunners View Post
    Because you got soft banned... you had to wait a time before logging in that site. Cant change location so quick.
    Nope, wasnt soft banned, tested it.

capturepokemon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mindrek View Post

This is almost always due to a soft ban. An easy way to test this is to create a new account on the site, wait an hour between logging in on your app, and then try again. There is no limit on accounts/person on CapturePokemon. There are people with (literally) dozens of accounts farming Dratini.

Originally Posted by akoba View Post
    I give it a try. And this is what I get CapturePokemon - Browser based Pokemon capturing-image-gif i get charge on my Paypal and did not see the new coins (200).
    Received your PM and looking into this now. It looks like your payment wasn't automatically verified, which I've manually sorted for you.
    Last edited by capturepokemon; 08-27-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast