Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW 5th year Anniversary, with interviews.

World of Warcraft has been up and running for five years! How do they do this without crashing and burning. Many Mmos have gotten crushed trying to compete with the game, tons of which could have been great, if this game had never existed. Is it a good thing or bad thing its still alive? Will it ever end?
    I have come to interview a couple of people about their WoW experiences, and what they think of this “historical” moment.

Interview with Dt

When did you start playing wow?
    I started in April 2008 when my friend introduced me to bigger MMO's
    Which then led on to me playing WoW

What were you playing before that?
    Well, I was a massive Runescape fan. Not joking. I used to love that game, mainly because I had alot of real life friends. It wasn't a bad game but still, kind of lame.
    Are you still involved in / or playing wow?
    Yes, I currently have a level 80 Paladin and a level 80 mage. I used to play with Sync and Aestyu. But they both stopped playing or went to another server. I'm in a pretty serious raiding guild which is pretty fun...
    What race and faction are these two main characters?
    Currrently a: Blood Elf Pally and a UD Mage. Both horde.
    Although I'm still leveling a level 71 hunter that's a Night Elf.

Why do you still play ? What in the game interests you at the moment?
    Uhh, no particular reason. I don't play that much but I just recently got my account back after Blizzard banned it for no apparent reason. Alot of my real life friends used to play it but no longer do because they had this thing called 'Real life'. I don't know what it is either, don't ask me. I like to play CSS, WoW, Tf2, L4D2. You know, the big games.
    Ah, thats cool. So are you a big pve'er with little time for pvp? Which do you enjoy the most?
    PvE. Mainly because I'm generally retarded at anything that involves skill. My friend got me 1022 resil though...He likes PvP.
    If you could change your character completely what would you be? (race / class / faction) and why?
    Night Elf, Warlock, Horde. Uhh, because who wouldn't want to be that?
    Good answer, face rolling is fun while doing flips backwards, i have to agree.
    Which expansion was your favorite and why?

Zone?
    Instance?

Uhh, I liked BC because that was when I started playing. I was also a holy pally which were amazing, having more health then tanks and being able to heal for 8ks is pretty overpowered.
    I liked the later on pre-bc zones like Ferales and Sithulis *How ever you spell it* because Blizzard actually TRIED to make them good, and pretty much succeeded. Saying that, I haven't ever actually leveled past 20.
    Probably because getting some random in Korea is much more fun then doing it yourself.
    Instance: Probably VC because it's pretty well made and is actually pretty fun to do.

How do you think they have kept the game doing so well for !!5!! years?
    Honestly, I have no idea. It is one of the most boring, repetitive games to ever have come upon the shelves, but I think it's just that fact of you wanting to get better is the hook.
    If there was one thing you could change in wow what would it be?
    12 year olds
    Rofl, Do you wish wow sometimes was never made?
    No, not at all. But I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't made because then I would never know about it, therefore I would only be caring right now if it wasn't made because I would not meet people but I wouldn't have met them if the game wasn't made which wouldn't effect me back then because I would never have seen/heard or talked to them.
    Well, its QUIZ TIME!
    Lets hope you breeze through these Thrall can summon the spirits of which animal to aid him in combat?
    Demons?
    What object can u pick and use as currency with the Sporregar?
    Sponges.
    Whats the name of the last boss in Deadmines?
    Van Cleef
    Ogri'la is located on which continent in outland?
    I'm gunna go with Blade Edge Mountains..
    Last one, Other than he Undead what other race has racial passive shadow resistance?
    I know this one, Night elf, or Bloodelf.
    3/5 for you, thanks for taking the interview, and I wish you luck on your WoW journey
    Cheers /wave
    [BREAK=Interview with Remus]
    Interview with Remus
    I started to play when WoW first launched, i missed the beta but RL (HS shit) took over at the time and I didn't pick it back up until a bit before BC.(rush leveled to 60 to be ready opening day)

What did you play? (race / class / faction)
    HaHa... what haven't i played .. got a nice little list of the notables;
    vanilla:
    60 lock/human/ally
    60 paladin Dwarf/ally

BC:
    70 Priest/human/ally
    70 Shaman/orc/horde
    70 Warrior/orc/horde; - This account with those 5 toons is was banned bout 3 months into BC. "Economy Exploitation/ botting"

Wrath: New accounts:
    80 mage/undead/horde,
    80 DK/Belf/horde
    80 Lock/orc/horde
    80 Druid/Tauren/horde
    80 Huntard/troll/horde
    63 rogue/undead/horde.
    (only leveled the mage by hand- rest where botted via my beloved OpenBot.)

I still play the mage as I sold the other chars off for nice money before the inflations really took a toll on the prices.

Are you still involved / or playing wow?
    Mage isn't much but i get to actively play in all of the content, 1200 Arenas with halfassed pvp/pve gear- and I've seen upto Freya(10m); Waiting for 3.3 to catch up to the guild as I had taken a short break (reselling my account a few times for quick cash once the owner complains he botted and got banned.)

Why did you quit?
    Personal Reasons, Kinda started getting really involved with my game and recently added time to the account to play some arenas in my self reserved offtime.

Why are you still playing?
    More or less, I didn't like any of the new mmo's that have come out- WoW is my first and I do strongly hate leveling. Won't do it again so I keep my mage as secure as possible now.

What do you do in the game? (pvp, pve, a little bit of both, which one mostly)
    Arenas mostly, and raiding uld/toc/ togc when a spot opens up in the guild.(meaning they can carry me for the lulz) But I like to fiddle in arenas with odd combos and see how far we can go. So far Arc Mage /Arms Warr has gotten us to 1500- Switching to Frost to see if we can push it more.

If you could change your character completely what would you be? (race / class / faction) and why?
    I wouldn't. I love my undead mage.

BC For sure, I never got to really "play" in vanilla. I loved the feeling of elitism when you joined up into a high end raiding guild( #3 on duskwood- stay until i got banned for botting, Hyjal/BT)

Zone?
    I usually stay in org/dal except to be summoned. AH Millionaire.

Instance?
    FUUU- I hate instances overall. (too much raf boosting for friends with the mage.

How do you think they have kept the game doing so well for 5!! years? Think its a good or bad thing?
    pretty good, you will probably never see another game grow into what they have like they did. I'm not a die hard blizzard fan as some changes in th game pissed me off but you take what you get and overall I really do like WoW; (just not leveling after the 4th time.-.- )

I'd have to say, Druids cant shapeshift to break CC or while CC'd.

Do you sit in dalaran for at least an hour a day?
    No I usually do in org while I afk open mail/mill/prospect

Have you been bored of the game?
    Many times, mainly because I didn't have the gold to do what I wanted. Changed shortly after falling upon GreedyGoblin.blogspot.com <3 Gevlon

Do you wish wow sometimes was never made?
    Never. It is great to see such an accepted game, varying audience, and overall other tangent things such as setting a par for newer games in terms of Quality, and Support.

QUIZ
    The current Champion of the Horde is?

Varok Saurfang I do believe, I hear he has a part in IC when 3.3 hits.

Name the last talent within shamans Restoration Tree?
    easy riptide.

Other than he Undead what other race has racial passive shadow resistance?
    since belf have arcane torrent i'd have to assume Draenei since no reg races have it beyond undead.

What was the name of Medivh's legendary staff?
    uh lulz .. staff of medivh [which does happen to be legendary o.o] no wai

3/4 CORRECT!
    [BREAK=Interview with Qhan]

Final interview with Qhan.

I started playing WoW in February of 2005, when my friend got the game for me. I actually had no idea what it was about and assumed it was the same style of game as Warcraft 3, but I quickly found out that is used a completely different type of gameplay.

What did you play? (race / class / faction)

Well, my first ever character I made (I still remember it), was an Undead Warlock. I leveled it to 4 and then quit because I didn't know I could use spells with it (lol @ beating mobs with a dagger).

So I talked to my cousin who also had just began playing and he invited me to his realm where he had a Human Rogue. Both myself and him thought it would be awesome to use a gun, because if you get shot in real life once you're pretty much dead. And thats how I became a Dwarf Huntard by the name of Glynbeard.

Are you still involved / or playing wow?

I no longer have the client installed onto my system.

If not when did you quit / how long have you been playing?

I quit about 2 months ago. By then I had about 4 accounts with an 80 of every class all together and I figured there were better ways to spend my time (school, work etc.)

Why did you quit?

Well a specific reason would be that I was promoted at my job and I needed more time to commit myself to it. Another would be my goal of a 90% average in my school courses (which I achieved ).

What do you do in the game? (pvp, pve, a little bit of both, which one mostly)

I would have to say that before I quit, I spent most of my time in PvP. Myself and a friend from Cali would rock up some arenas most of the time. I also lovedd playing on my 60 Pre-BC UD Rogue in AV, I could spent hours ganking noobs left and right in there.

I'll pick my main char (NE Rogue), I would probably change myself into a Gnome Paladin. I'm assuming I'm allowed to pick nonrealistic class/char combos?

To be honest, I just really like the gnome race and the pally class (the best of both worlds).

Def BC (Although I preferred original WoW to it still). Probably because that's when I really got into the lore behind the game and found it fun playing through fights with Illidan and Kil'Jaeden. Wow what a rush!

Zone?

I'm actually a big fan of Sholazar Basin. I love how it is the warm tropical getaway in an island of death. Sort of like a safe zone?

Instance?

Maraudon. Again it has that tropic feel to it and the area before the last boss is just exquisite.

How do you think they have kept the game doing so well for 5!! years?

Well, part of it is obviously experience. They have spent years and years in video game development and marketing, giving them a huge fan-base and a lot of knowledge on how to approach and update games like WoW.

Another aspect is the amount of cash they ring in, I don't think there are any ideas out of their budget right now.

But when it comes down to it, I believe that the core of the staff really love what they are doing and accomplishing. With a strong heart for the game, they would never stand by and let it die.

Maybe some sort of hand held explosive that, when thrown at another player, would change their haircut into something super sweet. (Maybe a mohawk?)

Do you sit in Dalaran for at least an hour a day?

Naw, and never did when I was playing. I chill in Iron Forge.

Have you been bored of the game?

Yep, it was a half and half deal with me. I'd be good to go one day then bored as shit the next.

Do you wish WoW sometimes was never made?

Interesting question. It makes me wonder what I'd have filled my brain with if it wasn't, but I don't really wish it was never made. Through their work, the gaming community has made astounding leaps in many areas.

Quiz

King Llane Wrynn was assasinated by who?

He's dead? WHEN THE F*** DID THIS HAPPEN?.. I'm off to a bad start

Alexandros Mograine was the former owner of which weapon?

Oh I know this one! The Ashbringer?

Who's the creator of the Burning legion? (try not to google)

Bah, easy. Kil'Jaeden.
    Quiz score 2/3! GOOD JOB
    Great, thanks for doing the interview, hope you enjoyed it
    Last edited by Forgiving; 11-28-2009 at 01:46 AM.

WoW 5th year Anniversary, with interviews.
    Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ty Forgiving for the wonderful interview.

Remus

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome interviews, Forgiving. Keep it up

grassynole's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe nice interviews, i lol'ed when Qhan said Kil'jaeden tho :P the answers Sargeras

"Sargeras roamed the Twisting Nether, freeing the many demon races that he had previously hunted down and imprisoned. He became known as the "great, dark god of the Nameless Void".He bound the newly released demons to his will and used them to construct an army of massive proportions — one that eventually became known as the Burning Legion"

Check wowwiki up on this its a good read
    Last edited by grassynole; 11-28-2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Every1 knows Jesus was a shaman, think about it the reincarnate, the waterwalking... comon he was cc'd d for days!

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by grassynole View Post
    Hehe nice interviews, i lol'ed when Qhan said Kil'jaeden tho :P the answers Sargeras
    EDIT: pumpernickel bread..
    Last edited by Glynbeard; 11-28-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interested in seeing the story bring with the reason WoW is going on for 5 years
    you should be more strict on the answers (or maybe check the answers yourself if that is the case here), everyone got 1 bonus point so far nice addition to the interview though,
    I personally think you should ask some further on questions though

also what instance is VC?
    Last edited by Forever; 11-28-2009 at 08:48 AM.

BYSCUIT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The purple text hurts my eyes for some odd reason.

t1mPan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good interview one of the most entertaining things to read on the site ( exept OP exploits :devil: ) Thnx once agian!
    CAPS LOCK IS THE BEST CC EVA!

Evolut's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    also what instance is VC?
    Its Deadmines because most people call Dire Maul DM so they call deadmines VC for Van Cleef

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool interview. Pretty entertaining. I agree about the improvements forever mentioned but overall, good job.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.