1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #6

Greetings OwnedCore community, this is the 6th OwnedCore Report. The last two weeks have some interesting gaming news including PUBG and Fortnite having a possible legal battle to a brand new Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer. Along with gaming news we have a slight change to the news format from this point forward on OwnedCore that I will be explaining. If this your first OwnedCore report, welcome. This is where we cover all things OwnedCore and gaming on a biweekly basis. If you weren't on much during the last week or two this post should help you catch right up.

News Format Change

From this point forward all news articles will be inside the OwnedCore report. Up until this point we on the news team would write an article, promote it to the front page, than I would highlight & direct you to that article from here. In the future we will be writing the articles in full on the OwnedCore report and summarize it in a thread on its respected forum where as in the past it was the other way around.
    Upcoming articles you can look out for are "Destiny 2 having aim assist for PC", another OC exclusive interview, and more!

The news team is still looking for 1 more member to join our yellow ranks! Requirements are good standing on OwnedCore and wanting to help keep our homepage fresh and up to date! You can apply right here!

Red Dead 2 Trailer

Rockstar has not made a game since GTA 5 so this was a long time coming. GTA 5 was a massive success especially online and even on PC. The question is how will Rockstar capitalize on Red Dead 2? Dare I say they add cowboys heists or even more daring...a PUBG battle royale mode? Battle Royale is becoming the new MOBA and everybody is cashing in on them. Not to mention GTA got a similar mode recently so it's definitely not too far fetched. From the looks of it this is going to be a prequel to the last one. One thing for sure is PC has not been announced "yet" which is a bummer for sure.

What are your thoughts on Red Dead 2?

Is it a game your hyped for?

What do you think the future of the game holds?

Community Highlights

Name an underrated game and an overrated game without saying which is which

Paperstun posted a sweet exploit for the mage tower that has since been fixed but while it was up this was killer!

I don't think we will ever have a week without a post from this man. Advanta posted a sweet guide on top 10 toys you can glitch in World of Warcraft.

xtxjason gave us an insane explot on how to obtain Multiple greater invasion loot. It seems confirmed fix on NA, not sure about EU.

I never knew about this thread but it has recently been active. SnifflingPickles is taking addon requests for WoW

The Fortnite / PUBG Drama

This Battle Royale stuff is getting legal. Epic Games just came out with a Battle Royale game mode for their recent hit Fortnite free of charge and Bluehole (PUBG) is not liking it one bit. Bluehole sent out a press release indicating it might take action against Epic Games for what they believe is a rip off of their successful Players Unknown Battlegrounds. Epic Games even references PUBG in the promotion of Fortnite to their community. But is Fortnite really ripping PUBG off?

"We've had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG's development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game. After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known. We have also noticed that Epic Games references PUBG in the promotion of Fortnite to their community and in communications with the press. This was never discussed with us and we don't feel that its right. The PUBG community has and continues to provide evidence of the many similarities as we contemplate further action." - Bluehole.

Than during an AMA Brandon Greene says "Other companies will, of course, enter the marketplace, but I would just hope they put their own spin on the game mode and not just make a carbon copy"

Well lets go back in time a little bit. Battle Royale is definitely not a new game mode and PUBG definitely didn't make the first blockbuster version of it either. I would say Battle Royale got serious lift off with the DayZ mod for Arma 2 which was a very slow paced Battle Royale that was more long term and had things like zombies. Than came rip offs of that with War Z and some others which basically added their own twists to the game. Than came H1Z1 which kinda popularized genre even more with the whole drop down from the sky, look for loot, run from the gas that gets smaller and smaller, and hopefully "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner". So did PUBG rip off these? Brandon Greene even worked at Daybreak helping with H1Z1.

I get that PUBG in itself is so popular because of the amazing polish they put on the genre but is it fair for them to basically take a game mode, add some cool features like a compass on the top of your screen, better aiming, and attachments and say nobody is allowed to do what we're doing? Because to me it seems a little hypocritical. Even Brendan Greene, the creator of PUBG, has stated at E3 that DayZ was what inspired him to make mods in the first place. So should the Arma 2 guys put out a press release all pissed off at everybody for making the game better than theirs but say it's stealing?

PUBG is built on Unreal Engine and now Epic Games who own Unreal are using Unreal to make a spin-off for its newest franchise. But..its their engine. At that point are they the ones if anybody allowed to make a spin off of PUBG's spin off? If not than where does it end? Fortnite definitely does add its own spin to the genre by allowing you to harvest resources and build structures. So are copycats par for course? The WII had motion control success and than Sony and Microsoft followed suite with move and connect respectively. Than you have giants like Minecraft and the insane amount of spin offs that came about because of that.

So I ask you guys. Does PUBG have a leg to stand on here?

Did Fortnite copy too much and expect to get away with it?

What is your opinion on this whole thing?

Pic of the week

Sometimes gems are posted in Bawx chat and I will share them here on OC. This week was me witnessing somebody looting both Brewfest mounts in WoW in one run. It was something I didn't even know was possible.

OwnedCore Report #6
  2. Thanks Eryx, Nyarly, Parog, D3Boost, artemarkantos, Confucius (6 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    210/462
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I was on the PUGB team, I wouldn't be too happy seeing how a different game literally copied every single aspect of PUBG except changing it to the cartoon-type graphics.

But on the other side, Fortnite is not the only game that mimics PUBG.

This whole thing just makes me question the originality of games that will be released in the future.

Companies just seem to look at what's popular and trending then deciding to make a copy and change up a few things to make it their own.
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…

Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Boost View Post
    If I was on the PUGB team, I wouldn't be too happy seeing how a different game literally copied every single aspect of PUBG except changing it to the cartoon-type graphics.

But on the other side, Fortnite is not the only game that mimics PUBG.

This whole thing just makes me question the originality of games that will be released in the future.

Companies just seem to look at what's popular and trending then deciding to make a copy and change up a few things to make it their own.
    But is PUBG innocent? There game before first person was implemented was basically a more polished h1z1

D3Boost's Avatar πŸ”₯ www.D3Boost.com πŸ”₯ PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

Thanks G/R
    210/462
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    But is PUBG innocent? There game before first person was implemented was basically a more polished h1z1
    No they are definitely not innocent.

That's what I meant when I said "Companies just seem to look at what's popular and trending then deciding to make a copy and change up a few things to make it their own."

It reminds me of Lord of the Rings online (mmorpg) when they tried to copy every single aspect of WoW. That game was destined to fail.
    βœ… CONTACT DETAILS βœ…

βœ… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 βœ… SKYPE: d3pleveling βœ…

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Boost View Post
    No they are definitely not innocent.

That's what I meant when I said "Companies just seem to look at what's popular and trending then deciding to make a copy and change up a few things to make it their own."

It reminds me of Lord of the Rings online (mmorpg) when they tried to copy every single aspect of WoW. That game was destined to fail.
    Hey, I love lotro. It's slowly changed to be more WoW like over the years but it is definitely more in depth than WoW. I haven't played the new expansion because I'm busy with school but it's a great game.

dukustyle's Avatar Member Premium Seller CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/5
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant wait to play Red Dead Redemption 2