381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change "[RULE] Only LEGIT explorations are to be posted here"

As the title states, I think this rule should be changed to allow Model Edits and sandbox explorations.

Not just any model edits though. Model edits which are used to get to places which are completely inaccessible otherwise. Stuff like Development maps, emerald dream, ect.

These maps are some of the most interesting maps ingame imo and they can often be used to get an idea of things which may be coming or what things would've been before they were scrapped.

For example: This video shows The Chronal Spire. This was originally going to be our way to get to Draenor. But it was scrapped very early on. So early in fact, that you won't find The Chronal Spire in any of the WoD prerelease builds we have access to.

Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post

To me, everything that cannot be reached at all on live servers without GM commands/hacks/ME, could be allowed here.
    There is absolutely no way to get to designer islands, emerald dream and other stuff like that on live server. Either because they're on different instances without any teleporter or because the files are just not there in the client anymore.
    I would find it sad to miss explorations of these zones because i forget to check the ME section to find actual explorations. But i can also check it more often

The thing is, it doesn't really belong to model edit too because it's model swapping of stuff that were made by blizzard and explored by the OP.

Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post

I do like to see when model editing is used to explore maps that we CANNOT otherwise reach by legitimate means. This includes explorations of places like Emerald Dream or Azshara Crater. I would personally like to see these posted in the Exploration Forum, but ONLY if they are accompanied by [MODEL EDIT] (or [HACK], when applicable) in the thread title.

I agree with these two quotes. Do not allow Model Edit explorations of stuff which can be reached legitimately. Even if the method of reaching these areas is private. I suppose a big problem here would be getting the person to provide proof. One way of doing this would be asking them to screenshot themselves next to an NPC from this zone.

You can tell that Hazzbazzy hasn't used model edits to get to Gilneas because he is standing right next to the npcs who are in Gilneas. Obviously this method couldn't be used for stuff like GM Island but I don't think it would be that big of a deal and these issues could be solved when they happen.

I think stuff like Sandbox explorations could also fall into this. As long as it is otherwise inaccessible. (No going on a sandbox and tping to GM Island.)

There are already threads dedicated to posting Sandbox screenshots such as this one: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ploration.html

I think tags would be the easiest way to solve this but maybe the model-edit exploration subforum could be reconsidered seeing as the thread is over three years old.

TL;DR

Allow model edit / sandbox explorations to be posted in the exploration section if tagged correctly and if the zone is otherwise inaccessible (development maps, unreleased content, ect)
    Last edited by Dovah; 07-07-2016 at 02:00 PM.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

Change "[RULE] Only LEGIT explorations are to be posted here"
  2. Thanks Nyarly, fjums (2 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree, so much removed/unreachable amazing places to be shared with model swapping...
    This could bring a lot more new content to the exploration section, please do it

4. Thanks Dovah (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input!
    I will discuss this with the rest of the staff and get back to you

I'm seeing that several of the "veterans" in the OC exploring community recommends this change, and that will be taken into consideration!

Personally I think the idea with tags to show if it's done with hacks/tools/whatever to indicate if it is done legit or not is a really good idea.

Stay tuned.

6. Thanks Dovah (1 members gave Thanks to Eryx for this useful post)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sticky with rule removed,The rule was put there by the request of active members in that section originally.

Prefixes must be added on new threads.. Current prefixes are:
    [legit]
    [hack used]
    [model edit used]
    [question]

need changing or adding more?

8. Thanks HI5, Smitten, Dovah, Xel, Nyarly (5 members gave Thanks to KuRIoS for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for doing it!
    A few questions :
    Does private server exploration (with/without gm commands) fall under the [hack user] tag ?
    What about beta/ptr stuff on live servers ?
    Should I now post this with the [question] tag in that section ?

Also, it should be best practice to put the patch version(s) in the title. Stuff changes or get removed, we could track their history !
    Thanks
    Last edited by Nyarly; 07-22-2016 at 01:40 PM.