Win a 240GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD by talking about your favourite gaming memory! menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win a 240GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD by talking about your favourite gaming memory!

As the title says, I'm giving away a brand new Samsung 850 EVO 240GB Solid State Drive.

To Enter: Post a reply to this thread talking about your best gaming related event or memory. List what country you're from in your post as well.

The Prize: One Samsung 850 EVO 240GB incl. shipping to your house.

Requirements: Donator or 40+ Reputation

End Date: All submissions must be made by the 14th of April. Winner will be randomly picked and announced in the thread on the 16th of April and PM'd with further details.

Conditions of Entry:

To be eligible for the prize, you must meet the following requirements:
    - Donator rank OR 40+ Rep

- Live in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Pakistan, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA, Vietnam

- You'll have to provide me with your real name and full address so I can ship your prize to you. I will not ship it to you using your forum username, because real name is required for parcel insurance. You will be provided with shipping tracking. I will only ship to Home addresses.

Have fun and good luck guys.
    Last edited by Smitten; 03-28-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Win a 240GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD by talking about your favourite gaming memory!
    Wetop's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened back when I started playing WoW. My sister got me into the game and as I was leveling my first character through Duskwood I suddenly got a skull icon (that she placed on me) on top of my character. I had no idea what was going on so ofc I was freaking out thinking it's a debuff or something. She claimed I was marked by the "horde". I had no idea what that was, so I stood on top of a building for 2 hours trying to evade them until she told me what it was... (finland btw)

3. Thanks Smitten, Roccatex, JuJuBoSc (3 members gave Thanks to Wetop for this useful post)
    Domo Kun's Avatar Active Member R.I.P. MGK ! ~HAHA~ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    70/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reserve

Tinyfin's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/56
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best gaming experience/event was back when I was still really new to World of Warcraft. I was quite young at the time aswell. Young as in 11 years old or so. My first and only character at that time was a Human. Hunter, I believe. So, anyway! I started levelling through the starter quests and eventually got to Goldshire. Now I know that -you- know exactly what goes on there if you're on your regions largest roleplaying realm. I was on Argent Dawn EU, of course. I didn't even seem to notice at first since I was young and quite unknowing at the time and just kept on doing my questing. Halfway through some murloc quest I had to AFK. I did so inside Goldshire. I didn't know what the F was going on anyway so why bother? When I came back to my PC in our living room I saw both my parents staring at the computer screen before looking at me ever so concerned. I wasn't allowed to play it anymore though I had no clue why not. Now years later and back in the game I now realize exactly why and exactly what my parents thought as they looked at the crowd of naked elves dancing and whatnot. I have to grin everytime I think of it. To this day my parents still think I'm some kind of perverted **** because of it when they see I have WoW open. Anyway, I'm from the Netherlands! Thanks for the contest.
    Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle, RwlRwlRwlRwl!

6. Thanks Roccatex, Smitten (2 members gave Thanks to Tinyfin for this useful post)
    Roccatex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    63/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best gaming Moment was, when we announced our WOTLK 3.3.5a Server.We had a youtube video, really crappy video of just screenshots copy/pasted as a diashow.But I told everyone to share it and it went viral as heck.
    Well it had like couple of hundred if not thousand Viewer after some Weeks until it cooled down.Our Server opening was a really big event with almost 200-250 players peak, which was incredible at this time for us.
    This feeling was so great, we had to order a stronger server aswell, the votes skyrocketed.After some months everything went down with problems and stuff, but it was this moment, when the server first opened.The people immidiately started to run our custom made pve content and grinded bgs, we were a instant 80 server, so 3-5 bg's instances were open.
    It was kinda like a family server too, everyone knew eachother after some time, there was even some namecalling bullshit rivalrys with 16yr old kids full in puberty.
    These were the days of private servers.Sometimes my friends, who I still speak too, even tho we haven't done anything in like 5 years, and I get nostalgic and speak about these times.We tried to revive it under a new name, but it was near the release of cata I think and no one was really interested anymore.
    The Youtube Video still exists btw. it's now at 18k Viewers, people were advertising their servers under the comments back then.In case anyone is interested even tho it's german and german music
    Overall it was a fun expirience and I would do nothing different.

Hope you enjoyed my little story.

From germany, participating.
    Last edited by Roccatex; 04-04-2016 at 07:38 AM.

8. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Roccatex for this useful post)
    Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite gaming moment of all time has to be getting membership on Runescape in the early 2000's. I was really overwhelmed by the huge amount of content available for exploration and quickly became fully immersed in the game world. I really wish I could see games the same way I saw them back then, now they all just pretty much feel alike.
    Last edited by Xel; 03-12-2016 at 03:24 PM.

10. Thanks Wetop, Smitten (2 members gave Thanks to Xel for this useful post)
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite gaming memory was raiding Molten Core during vanilla WoW. Even though I was a buff bot pally for that 40 man raid, raiding with the tight knit guild Ahrotahntee (I think was the name) was so much fun. Everyone felt like family and everyone was super excited when we finally downed a boss. After all that work, we finally downed Rag for the first time, and it was the greatest feeling... even though I had gotten knocked into the lava and burned to death that fight...

Also, USA.

12. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when I was 11 coming to this site for the first time and downloading an emulation repack by 2dgreengiant or gastricpenguin and running my own localhost server for the first time. It was lots of fun to use the GM commands to become a panda and then to create my own panda npcs with scripts from Lua. It was a very fun few years when emulation was big and getting to know the people involved and see their great releases and how helpful everyone was to people who wanted to learn back then.

I do not need the SSD.

14. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Confucius for this useful post)
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite has to be when I was fairly young, probably around 6 or 7. It was super late at night, and my brother and I were up way past our bedtimes. Anyways, he was playing a Final Fantasy game (I can't remember exactly which one it was, but I remember Cecil being the main character and Kain was his friend). We would switch off every hour or so and for some reason that memory has always stuck with me. Next to that it would probably be playing Diablo 1 together since that was the first true co-op game we ever had, which was pretty awesome. He's 5 years older than I am so there was an age gap but gaming always brought us together, and now with me being 19 and him 24 it still does (although he only lives 2 houses away so I go over and visit daily). Good times.

Anyways, I'm from USA (as you probably know already :P) and thanks again for everything you've done for OC as a whole, greatly appreciated.

16. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to phantom325 for this useful post)
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite gaming memory is my first time exploring. I was in a guild with Elekktrikk at the time and he invited me for a run through Karazhan. We used a tiger and a giant growth pot to get out and it was awesome seeing all of the stuff outside. I still have the screenshots somewhere on my other pc. After this I kept exploring with him and eventually found Ownedcore and started exploring with people from this community. I probably wouldn't be on Ownedcore If I didn't go on that Karazhan run 3-4 years ago.

I'm from the US.
    Last edited by Dovah; 03-13-2016 at 07:36 PM.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

18. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yuh know what. the most fun I ever had screwing around in a game was crashing people in Diablo 1..

There were soooo many created crashes & anti-crashes for the users..

Invalid monster.. Invalid Player.. Res crash.. a Portal that went to an invalid level.. so many :-)

Then came shady anni & torch trading in Diablo 2 & those crashes.. the eventually very well known Act 2 crash..

US
    Thirsty Shameless Beg: LFW on Retail WoW US. Any Boosting Groups Looking For A Leveler I'm Very Interested! Please PM Me! 🤘😁🤘

20. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Jaladhjin for this useful post)
    Shadorinn's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    35/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Securing rubber bands to my Ps1 controller so that I run around in circles and AFK kill mobs in FF7. My first botting experience, but certainly not my last!

Oh, just realized a prize is attached. My PC is to my liking, don't need anything else, just passing by to share
    Last edited by Shadorinn; 03-13-2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Because I felt like it!!

22. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Shadorinn for this useful post)
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite moment was from early in my wow days.it was TBC, Zulaman had opened, Sunwell as of yet had not. i was a warlock in a guild called Certian Death. we were beginning work on SSC progression. the raid leader and GM told all the warlocks "ok, This person is going to be doing the locktanking for Leo, so dont worry about getting your FR gear, he allready has it all. we're good."

AllMyWhat

Forget that.

So i spent a couple weeks grinding out the full FR set for my warlock just in case we needed a spare lock. and it was a good thing i did, because the night we were to start progression on Leotharas the Blind, the other lock who the guild had put faith in gquit. no reason given, just gone. i quickly told the RL and GM that i had my full set and we were still G2G. and off we went. three nights of progression later, we had a dead boss.

and that was my first experience tanking. loved it. when i switched from my warlock during the lauch of Ulduar it was to a Bear tank. i played that bear till mop, where i changed to a monk.

edit: Oh yeah, From Canada. am participating.
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 03-14-2016 at 06:46 PM.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

24. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to TehVoyager for this useful post)
    SkillzFirez's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    29/34
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back around the end of WotLK i was the leader of the biggest guild on the whole server.
    We were around 900 people from 500 unique accounts and had a great time through the end of WotLK and Cataclysm.

It was my the best time i ever had in a game because it felt like a big family, even though i propably played a bit too much at this point.

I am from germany and would like to participate in your giveaway

26. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to SkillzFirez for this useful post)
    DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite gaming memory was play wow for the 1st time. Questing was way to much work, looking everything up on thottbot was to hard. But in the end grinding mobs for over 3 months to 60 was worth it. You truly feel like your part of the world when walking corner to corner. Would be nice to feel that once again ;(

28. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to DarkLinux for this useful post)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast