Poll: Kylo Ren - Wimp or Badass?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Administrator CoreCoin/Trade manager
    CoreCoins User Authenticator enabled Eryxon's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    400/211
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

[Star Wars - The Force Awakens] Kylo Ren.. - Badass or wimp? *SPOILER ALERT*

So.. What do you think? Is Kylo Ren a proper badass or just a whiny bitch?

Personally I think he's going to be completely badass when he finishes his training with Snoke.
    IMHO he has some tremendous potential, and I don't think we ever saw someone this strong with the force (maybe Rey?!) that can freeze blaster shots mid air and "stun" people like Kylo Ren does.

M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins User Dante's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    40/87
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    He reminds me of you a little.
    I recently got hacked, DO NOT TRUST my skype account dante.fritsch or any of my other accounts. If I contact you on skype, have me PM you on ownedcore to prove that it is me you're writing with.

3. The Following 1 Members Gave Thanks To Dante For This Useful Post:

Eryxon
    Thanks G/R
    400/211
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Aww, thanks! I take that as a major compliment!

Elite User CoreCoins User Wetop's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    12/23
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    He also survived a direct blast from a bowcaster! He also murdered his father... Going be a good villain.

6. The Following 2 Members Gave Thanks To Wetop For This Useful Post:

Eryxon, HunterHero
    Legendary ShoutBox Dweller CoreCoins User hackerlol's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    912/187
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryxon View Post
    So.. What do you think? Is Kylo Ren a proper badass or just a whiny bitch?

Personally I think he's going to be completely badass when he finishes his training with Snoke.
    IMHO he has some tremendous potential, and I don't think we ever saw someone this strong with the force (maybe Rey?!) that can freeze blaster shots mid air and "stun" people like Kylo Ren does.
    It is too soon to say. Let's see how his character develops in the second film.

8. The Following 3 Members Gave Thanks To hackerlol For This Useful Post:

Eryxon, Ket, Pen
    Thanks G/R
    150/194
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I think people see him as a wimp only because they don't fully see the detail that went into that last fight scene where Fin goes up against him and then this other girl with the force somehow without training defeats him. So, they think he is weak and sucks.

I think of it this way, the fact that he is so powerful he can suspend a live blaster charge mid-air for close to 5 minutes without even thinking about it, and that he can freeze a person completely in place so they cannot move. This is power. It's just that in the movie, the first half he was this powerful person, in the 2nd half he is just a kid who wants to be like Darth Vader, which seems odd considering how he was setup in the first half of the film. This could mean he is basically a powerful force user but emotionally weak, which seems likely.

Here is an interesting video that talks about how he was merely toying with Fin.

I personally think that the most-likely understanding is that he trying so hard to be powerful like Vader, to prove he is capable, that he often is showing off, for not good reason (the one-handed, nonchalant fight with Fin). Rey realized something about him, that he is scared of not being capable, of not being worthy to be considered Vader's true heir, that these tricks to his emotions only push him to want to prove himself more. Think of it this way, in the beginning of the movie with the blaster shot, he could have stopped it with swinging his saber, but instead he wants to prove how powerful he is. Think of his emotional instability and violent outbursts compared to Vader, who while showed his force, it was always more controlled. Rey appears to be more emotionally stable and mature, and I think that's the main thing that gets to him. If you look at Vader, he is methodical, be it attacking the Jedi Temple or killing subordinates, almost as if he likes to enjoy dispatching separatists personally.

Kylo, on the other hand, just flips out completely when things don't go his way, and this is because he is far less sure of himself. Vader knew he was one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy, Kylo seems to constantly be afraid that he might not be.

It's actually really well thought-out imo, and I really look forward to the next movie in seeing how Kylo is after he has completed his latest training. So, I don't see him as weak or anything, I merely see him as being insecure with his true power, doubting himself. This may change in later episodes.
    Last edited by Sklug; 05-14-2016 at 07:25 AM.

10. The Following 2 Members Gave Thanks To Sklug For This Useful Post:

Eryxon, hackerlol
    Thanks G/R
    400/211
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Very nice post, Sklug!

Kylo has shown to be extremely strong with his mind control tricks, and this is very strong against non force sensitive persons. However, if he can't control their mind like on Rey, he has a major flaw against jedi's. On the other hand, he maybe thinks of lightsaber battle as obsolete and didn't focus on training that ability since the jedi's are almost extinct. Now that Luke is back and Rey has shown to be really strong with the force, Kylo will also be forced into learning how to deal with people whom he can't dominate, control or read their mind.

But as I mentioned. I think this is genios story writing and I'm pretty sure Kylo has very strong potential and with proper training he will be a complete badass. After he killed his father he might not feel drawn to the light any longer since all bridges back should be burned down now.

It's a shame we must wait for so long to see how this goes on

12. The Following 1 Members Gave Thanks To Eryxon For This Useful Post:

Sklug
    Elite User CoreCoins User Authenticator enabled HunterHero's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    82/190
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Spoilers? It's been out for almost 5 months now.

Anyway it's been talked about a lot and most of my ideas of him has probably already been said (haven't read the other comments sorry).

I think Kylo is both a whimp and a bad ass. He's powerful but not the most powerful or most skilled, which is why he also isn't a sith yet. He's insecure as **** and just wants recognition so bad. He was trained by Luke at the academy and he was the best, until Rey came around. Rey being the daughter of Luke means she had something special along with her being academy famous, probably more than Kylo. Kylo was so ****ing jealous that he killed the kids at the Academy, joined/created the Knights of Ren group and went hunting for jedis and doing bad shit like killing Rey's mother. He kidnapped Rey and cleared her mind and dropped her off at Jakku. Why didn't he kill her then? It's not because he couldn't, of course he could, he had already slain tons of kids and her mother. But Kylo saved her for himself. Kylo wanted to be a sith knight but he needed a teacher. Kylo knew that if Rey could be found and knew who she was, then someone like Lord [s]Darth Plagueis[/s] Snoke would recruit her instead of Kylo, since Rey is much more powerful than he is even though he's trained. Therefore he erased her memory and saved her for a day, where he could get at her level and prove his worth to Snoke by killing her. Sadly it all ****s up and he gets his ass kicked 1v1.

He's still an apprentice and he feels like his powers are some of the best because he's the grandson of Anakin. But he's also the opposite of Anakin. Anakin tried to stay good but got corrupted to the dark side. Kylo was good from start but tries to be evil even though he's still got good in him. He fights the light where Anakin fights the darkness. Kylo is unstable at his very core (same goes for his lightsaber. If you read up on it his crystal is unstable and flickers and seems raw because he hasn't been able to control it, just like himself). He makes a lot of mistakes but he's strong so he makes up for his mistakes and he can play around with people like Fin without screwing up too badly. He hits his wounds and gains powers from his rage like the old sith's used to do it, which is pretty ****ing cool.

He's learned a bunch and really studied (fanboy'd) his grandfather amongst other siths but he's not there yet. He's immature in many ways, which we'll hopefully see being refined and perfected in the next movie or the one after that. I hope they don't go the opposite road of Anakin where he's evil but then get's good in the end. I hope he stays evil and I hope he gets really ****ing crazy and powerful.

14. The Following 1 Members Gave Thanks To HunterHero For This Useful Post:

Eryxon
    M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins User Dante's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    40/87
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    So, arrogant prick who has serious powers. Really does sound like Eryxon
    I recently got hacked, DO NOT TRUST my skype account dante.fritsch or any of my other accounts. If I contact you on skype, have me PM you on ownedcore to prove that it is me you're writing with.

16. The Following 2 Members Gave Thanks To Dante For This Useful Post:

HunterHero, hackerlol
    Legendary ShoutBox Dweller CoreCoins User hackerlol's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    912/187
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    So, arrogant prick who has serious powers. Really does sound like Eryxon
    The burn levels.............It's Over 9000!

Thanks G/R
    400/211
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    :-( .

Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins User Premium Seller Authenticator enabled Confucius's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    216/219
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    I want Luke Skywalker to 1v2 Snoke and Kylo Ren and 1000 storm troopers and 10 imperial star destroyers all at once so that he can be as powerful as he was in the EU before Disney got rid of it . But really they better make Luke have some cool abilities because in new cannon he doesn't seem that powerful at all. Hopefully everyone will have some good feats in the new movies because right now Darth Sidious is just miles above everyone else in power levels displayed in the new cannon. I also hope Snoke is Darth Plagueis or Sidious even though the people in charge says he isn't otherwise it's kind of weird that he just comes from nowhere but watched the entire civil war and Palpatine's rise to power without doing anything.

I liked the new movie but I miss the EU and Luke Skywalker being a god .

Contributor High Warlord CoreCoins User Aeon1c's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    40/93
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    5 (80%)
    Ofc a wimp

★ Elder ★ CoreCoins User advanta's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    140/448
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I imagine they are going to make him super cool in the next films. There were plot reasons for doing so, but if you weren't paying that much attention you could be forgiven for thinking he got his ass kicked by a girl in the first film. They really needed to establish the extent of his power more clearly early on for the importance of that scene to make sense.

22. The Following 1 Members Gave Thanks To advanta For This Useful Post:

Eryxon
    Banned Hack Overlord CoreCoins User SK Bot's Avatar
    Thanks G/R
    13/83
    CoreCoins
    Trade Feedback
    9 (0%)
    He looked like a whimp ... thats for sure
    Even the chick in the film looked tougher than him ...