Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer online free "trial" and bonus items.

Ok, this is something I actually first did with AoC on accident, but now have done successfully with WAR as well.

First, you need to have a foreign credit card. In my case, I live in Norway.

Now, what you do is go to Gamestop.com - Buy PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, Xbox 360, Used, PC Games and Consoles, and go to the pre-order for Warhammer. Place an order, and put in your address and credit card number (remember, must not be US, Canada or their provinces) and confirm your buy.

Now that you have done that, you will first get an e-mail confirming that you have placed the order, and within a few days you should get a second e-mail with your keys for the head start program, as well as your pre-order bonus items.

Some time soon, if not already by the time you get your codes, you will get a third e-mail saying that they need a copy of your credit card statements to verify that the card belongs to you. They do this because you are ordering from outside of their "safe zone" as far as fraudulent charges.

If you have already recieved your codes, tell them you don't feel comforatable giving them that information, and they will cancel your order, with no charges made. If you have NOT recieved your codes yet, stall them by saying you will send them in a few days. They will leave the ticket at pending, and will send you your code automatically. You can also contact their support and say you have not recieved your code, and they will send it to you.

Now, a lot of you are wondering why you don't just cancel on them, and use this trick in the US. The answer is simple: Then you need to pay the 5 bucks. Now, true, you can pay the 5 dollars down, and then just order the game and cancel it before they ship it, but then it would not be free.

Please note that this obviously only works for people outside the US getting the US version. I plan on using my "free time" from the headstart and grace period to decide if I actually want the game. On top of that, I will get into the open beta to try that out as well.

I hope you all enjoy, and remember not to order too many, or you might get in trouble. Also, if you order more than one game, and they only snd you one code, tell support immediatly, and they will send you a second, and sometimes third group of codes.

Warhammer online free "trial" and bonus items.
    Mythorim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried, received the code, now waiting for the third mail. I'll give you rep when i got that one, but thanks anyway!

Rallycart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The third e-mail should be this:
    Dear Valued Customer,

Our records indicate that you placed order number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.

To protect you from credit card abuse, if we notice that a high-dollar order has been placed on your credit card and the order is placed from an International country, we must have a copy of your credit card statement in order to process your order.

One of our company policies is to verify the address and credit card information given for all new orders before they are processed. This will help assure the protection of the credit card holder and GameStop.Com/EBGames.com from fraudulent charges.

Unfortunately, because this is an international order, we are unable to contact your bank to verify any information on your account.
    In order to help us verify this information via another method you should:
    1. Fax your most recent credit card statement.
    2. The statement must show your name, address and the last four digits of the card number on it. Feel free to block out all the other numbers.
    3. Write your order number at the top of the statement.

If this information is not on the statement your order can not be processed.

3. Fax to 001-817-722-7720.

If you would like to cancel this order simply reply to this email and add the word “CANCEL" to the subject line. If you do not reply within 72 hours, we will assume you wish to cancel your order.

Thank you again for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Bobby
    GameStop.com
    Order Verifications Department

Where it states the "high dollar amount", I am not sure what their cut off limit is. I have ordered a single game for 50 dollars, which also has a 30 dollar shipping charge to come to Norway, and still gotten this warning, so who knows. Anyway, hopefully this helps someone out. I already have my codes, and have been canceled on because I would not give them the information. Yay for free beta and pre-order items! :P