Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Use ventrilo server full guide

Using Ventrilo

Many people do not know what Ventrilo is or how to use it, but we will change it right here and right now! I use it a lot not only for beatboxing but also gaming or just talking.

I will try to show you how to set it up for the Yurtl3beatbox.com server (Hosted by Yurtl3, the Turtl3 one) and how to get the best comfort while beatboxing.

So, Ventrilo is a voice communication program.

Users install and run the Ventrilo client program and connect to a Ventrilo server.

Most people use a headset and talk as if everyone was in the same room together similar to a conference call.

1. Where, what?

a)First of all to start everything we turn our browser and go to:

Ventrilo - Surround Sound Voice Communication Software

b)Then go to the download section

c)Download one of versions in the box Windows or MacOS [Not sure if it works with Windows Vista] Be sure youu downloaded not the things below because they are Ventrilo Servers, not clients. With server version you wont be able to connect to Yurtl3 Beatbox Server.

d)After downloading, install it as any other application, i just press next till finish but if u like to read info and stuff just do it
    2. Oh my goodness what is this window for?!

Chill... This is main Ventrilo window. As you can see its not very complicated or something.

First walkthrough:

* User Name - Thing whitch u will type there will be shown in server channel.
    * Server - Place where u type Server IP + Port
    * Bindings - They are used by advanced users, u wont need them

Right Menu:

* Connect - Connect to the server
    * Comment - It shows typed text next to your name on channel.
    * Setup - Audio, microphone, everything connected with setup

Rest isn't necessary.

a)We click on arrow on right side of user name.

b)You will see that kind of window

c)Press "New" on right of Select. Type your name in the bracket and click OK.
    Now you will be shown on server as this name. Easy huh?
    3. Connection settings.

a)Now on the right of bracket called server press that little arrow, second from the top. U will see window like below.

b) Press "New" thats server name, u can call it whatever u want, "Bananas and Potatoes or whatever. But i suggest u call it Yurtl3beatbox.com so u wont get confused when u will have more servers in future

c)Here are the connection setting, what server u will connect, what port etc.

yurtl3beatbox.com - Ventrilo server dedicated to beatboxing! In partnership with HUMANBEATBOX.COM
    Hostname: invoke.typefrag.com
    Port: 23212
    Note: Check that there are no announcements in the General forum with updates!

Here is a photo with everything filled out. Just do the same

d)After filling everything just press "Ok" It should look like that.

4. Setup Your microphone.

It depends on people, I will show you how do i setup my mic so beatboxing will be easy without any cuts and stuff like that.

a)Go to Setup, it's on the right menu.

b)Yes it has a lot of options, the default looks like that.

c)The things u need to know

1.Use Push-To-Talk Hotkey - If u like holding key while talking use it, but its not very comfortable. (Kinda Walke-Talkie thing)

2.Play Key Clicks - When u start talking u weal hear a buzzing sound, i dont like it eather.

3.Hotkey - A key whitch u will hold while talking or beatboxing, still its linked with the two things whitch are written (1,2)

These things are used when u use Push-To-Talk option, i dont recommend it.

d)Now things whitch are very important
    4.Silence time - It's the time how long your mic will be active after talking to it. I recommend 1.0Sec or 1.5Sec
    5.Sensitivity - I suggest to personalize the Sensitivity, also known as voice activation parameter. If the value is too low it won't activate voice communication, if it will be too high it will be turned on all the time (NO!) or it will catch the most quiet sounds(NO!)

You can test your microphone if you press "Test" button and talk to the mic.
    Codec will change when u will get to the server so dont mind if the quality will be bad. You will check ur @! sound after getting on the server.
    e)Ok the next thing is Hardware Input Mixer. The settings depends on your hardware, this is how it looks on my PC. In every section u will have something to choose.

Remember to change to Microphone in "Line" option.
    f) If your microphone is to quiet and u dont have a mixer u can experiment with Amplifiers, inbound and outbound, i suggest to not use them because they are loosing a lot of quality.

g) After that go to the Recording (Input), under Amplifiers it will show a box with microphone volume, put it to the highest.

5. Events. "Oh i really like that. Has joined the channel"

In my opinion the most annoying thing in ventrilo I change every option to "Nothing" because often people come to the server or channel when I am beatboxing and I'm just getting distracted
    6. CONNECT

a) After all that press connect in the main window. And Ta Ta Ta !

When u will activate your microphone, the speaker will turn into green red means off

And please people when u will connect, setup your mic very gently so it wont hurt our ears

[Guide] Use ventrilo server full guide
    Opirity1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool guide

but atm i cant give any repcookie