17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethereum Hard Fork Today...

Just wondering how many people here are excited about the Ethereum Hard Fork which is going to happen in about 10-14 hours? I actually transferred some of my money out of Bitcoin - even sold off some shares and am gearing up for next month's Bitcoin Hard Fork as well.

Ethereum Hard Fork Today...
    somaliasky's Avatar Contributor From NYC, USA Trader
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    196 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zycamzip View Post
    Just wondering how many people here are excited about the Ethereum Hard Fork which is going to happen in about 10-14 hours? I actually transferred some of my money out of Bitcoin - even sold off some shares and am gearing up for next month's Bitcoin Hard Fork as well.
    To the moon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dymon's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    23/30
    Trade Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have maybe like 8-10% more profit from mining after Eth fork

Ps. "Bitcoin gold" is a scam be careful
    Last edited by Dymon; 10-16-2017 at 11:16 PM.

AccountShark's Avatar OwnedCore Helper 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    98/223
    Trade Feedback
    199 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought BTC was supposed to fork on October 25th?

Dymon's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    23/30
    Trade Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Charax View Post
    I thought BTC was supposed to fork on October 25th?
    Yes btc have shit fork on October 25th.
    Will be new currency " Bitcoin Gold"
    premine 16,000 blocks.... like 200000 coins hahah
    https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@umbacto...raud-must-read
    Last edited by Dymon; 10-16-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitcoin is going to fork into bitcoin gold then into bitcoin 2x, which won't be a real fork and doesn't have replay protection so be very careful after it does.

I just keep all my coins in bitcoin right now, after the two forks coming I may trade for some altcoins but right now I want to make sure I get the maximum amount of coins from the forks. What altcoins are you guys betting on? I've been thinking about getting some monero and ripple.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to embed a monero js file into my website, so I could work some coinage off of the users, alas couldn't get it to work. But you can use it to hide links easily, so that peeps have to pay mining to open a link, so that's kind of cool. Monero is what TPB was forcing on everyone as well. I think it has a good chance of taking off.

I moved my money back to bitcoin, currently sitting in an interest bearing account, so that I can maximize what I get out of the splits. Going to sell of some bitcoin stocks as well, so I can maximize what I have.

Piece of advice, move your money out of Coinbase if you have money held there. They held the BTC-Cash, and will likely move to the split chain, and keep the valuable stuff to them selves.

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a much better experience with Gemini for buying and selling BTC and ETH, no limits on bank wire transfers is very nice. If I need to exchange into alt coins I use kraken. The only advantage coinbase has is that GDAX is a much larger exchange than Gemini. I've put some money into the new enjin coin coming, I think that will give at least an even return. I've been thinking about Stellar (xlm) a lot because of their partnership with IBM.

I keep my coins on a ledger nano s.

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, just opened an account with them... and it's 2 weeks to verify, but the first split happens in 4 days. Looks like I will have to see if bitcoin drops again, and then pick some up with coinbase, then transfer it out.

I usually use BTCPOP for my alt exchange, since it allows and handles almost all alt-currencies.

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's odd, I was verified within 10 hours on Gemini.

I decided against stellar and got some IOTA. The tangle is cool, and they are getting a lot of partnerships lately. The price has been tanking so much that it's a nice time to buy a little. I expect a bitcoin price crash within a month after the 2x fork.
    Last edited by Confucius; 10-21-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, did get verified in 2 days. Their site says 2 weeks.

Got my bitcoin gold (via btcpop), reinvested my Bitcoin back into shares and an interest bearing account, as well as some bitcoin loans. After a week, might move it back over to another wallet which gives me a 4% ROI,

Did think it was funny whereas coinbase stated that the bitcoin gold is shaky, so they wouldn't be supporting the split - in other words no bitcoin gold for it's members... but someone gets to keep it *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

vito.gold's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you 2 are really into it, i opened up coinbase account got verdified now looking to put 5-6k $ in bitcoin is it now good time to buy or should i wait for hard fork what do you think?

Kind regards!

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vito.gold View Post
    I see you 2 are really into it, i opened up coinbase account got verdified now looking to put 5-6k $ in bitcoin is it now good time to buy or should i wait for hard fork what do you think?

Kind regards!
    Bitcoin value will definitely continue to rise until the B2X fork this month, as a result most alt coin prices are dipping very low. I have some money in bitcoin and then the rest in iota and enjincoin, I think iota is the best long term solution to cryptocurrency and once it's more established in a few years could really go up in value. Enjincoin will probably increase a lot in value over the next year as enjin implements it into minecraft.

If you want bitcoin you could wait until after the fork, as the price will probably go down some, or just buy it now and the price will probably rise back up to current heights sometime next year. If you want alt coins now is a very good time to buy them cheap. It's 100% just speculation, the safest route is probably just to keep it in bitcoin if you want to see decent but possibly smaller returns. I don't really see bitcoin viable as a currency since everyone is buying into it as an asset, which creates a huge bubble, and the transaction times are so high. I think eventually if bitcoin doesn't change enough something else will replace it as the defacto "cryptocurrency" but I could see bitcoin remaining an asset people just buy speculating on its value.