Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Esports/Gaming college - what would be important for you?

There has been a rise in colleges that focus on Esports / gaming as part of their normal curriculum. With pro trainers, streamers and youtubers etc.
    What do you see as important factors in order to get you to apply? Or your older/younger self.
    Trainers/coaches, marketing, LAN tourneys or what?

Esports/Gaming college - what would be important for you?
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important factors to me are this,
    Do i like this college? its hard to play hard for a place you hate!
    Do they accept any skill levels? or will people wanting to get better and pro get turned down?
    How long will the college support this? Most places give up easy on us esport people.
    Last edited by CreativeXtent; 10-20-2016 at 08:01 AM.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    The most important factors to me are this,
    Do i like this college? its hard to play hard for a place you hate!
    Do they accept any skill levels? or will people wanting to get better and pro get turned down?
    How long will the college support this? Most places give up easy on us esport people.
    The college already exist, they will just open a course for esports and have asked what they should focus on.. Ie getting coaches and such, what games ect.
    Skill level is a good question, what would you suggest should be the barrier?
    The college will provide top end computers and such ofc.

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    Skill level is a good question, what would you suggest should be the barrier?
    A good skill level to start with would be being able to reasonably compete at local (country/region) tournaments. Depends on the game, really. A proven history of consistent performance and high skill.

There are a lot of people out there who want to become eSports competitors, just like there are for traditional sports. Applying the same sort of rule sets and scrutiny to somebody coming in for football to somebody coming in for LoL/CS:GO/Whatever the cool eSport is at the moment is the best move.

Master_Wiggles's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important things for me is:
    is ppl haters? or can they take constructive criticism.
    when that is said then its important that we will go to different Lan partys to get experience...
    it has to be a place ppl wants to be and have some pro coaches...
    it would also be really awesome if they took ppl in different skill groups in and then they could take a look of who would
    have potential in staying on the college,,, but its also really important that ppl there wants to go pro not are getting turned down but are getting the help they need

Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would see how serious they take it. If I get the vibe that they are just doing it to hop on the train and don't really put effort into the team than it is going to be a huge blow. A friend of mine goes to a University that has sponsored League players and apparently the school assists them in a ton of stuff like travel to lans, hosting Riot sponsored tournaments so RP can be given away and skins, stuff like this would entice me a lot more than a school that just feels like they are trying to profit of eSports success

7. Thanks bezerker08 (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    DvASystems's Avatar Elite User Overwatch Hack & Cheat Mod /M.LG\
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1036/286
    Trade Feedback
    202 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Average e-sports earnings are 6,000$
    Career in e-sports is not viable unless you start your career fresh in a new game as there's nepotism in the older games such as DotA 2 and CSGO where the pros do everything to stop new talent from emerging. Often by sidelining them, bullying or kicking them out of prominent leagues. FPL CSGO was a clear case of this where they would boot people they didn't like even though they performed.
    In DotA 2, every TI (The International) shows how much nepotism there really is when the best teams place last and the new blood always making it to top 5 or straight up winning.

It's more better to become a stream personality, if famous you'd rake 1,500$ A DAY compared to 6,000$ a year.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DvASystems View Post
    Average e-sports earnings are 6,000$
    Career in e-sports is not viable unless you start your career fresh in a new game as there's nepotism in the older games such as DotA 2 and CSGO where the pros do everything to stop new talent from emerging. Often by sidelining them, bullying or kicking them out of prominent leagues. FPL CSGO was a clear case of this where they would boot people they didn't like even though they performed.
    In DotA 2, every TI (The International) shows how much nepotism there really is when the best teams place last and the new blood always making it to top 5 or straight up winning.

It's more better to become a stream personality, if famous you'd rake 1,500$ A DAY compared to 6,000$ a year.
    Esports will just be the direction of the college, like you have design colleges, sportscolleges, so you will get a college degree, but some subjects will be focused around esports and streaming. Plus getting taught by best coaches