0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guitar Lessons

After many years of wanting to I have finally decided to learn to play the guitar, just bought a Mexican fender strat similar to this one Fender Stadard series strat at Bonners Music Store As i didn't want to buy anything too expensive or too cheap and from what I hear they are really nice guitars for the price.

Any ways my cousin is a guitar teacher at I big music university not too far from where we live and he's going to teach me how to play, however he is fully booked with lessons for the next 4 months(Well actually for the next year but he managed to pull a few strings and get me in early) But basically i would like to get a head start on learning to play, i know a few chords ect.. but not much else so im a complete beginner. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good free online guitar lessons, ive been looking on youtube ect... But just wanted to see if there was anything that was better for a complete beginner.

Thanks.

Guitar Lessons
    Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A website that will (probably) help you out a lot in the long run is ultimate-guitar.com. It's pretty much the go-to site for tabs and the like, it has some lessons on it however I've never personally used them so I can't say how helpful they are. Also, another thing. Stick with the guitar lessons, don't give up on them after a month or two. I'm a mostly self-taught guitarist, and really wish I would've taken/stuck with lessons now that I'm playing music with other people. You can get a lot of the techniques down by teaching yourself, however I personally feel pretty far behind in the music theory section of things because of going the self taught route.
    "Step right up and shake hands with the devil"

hudson0804's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by burton992 View Post
    however he is fully booked with lessons for the next 4 months(Well actually for the next year but he managed to pull a few strings and get me in early)
    LOL comedy timing .

I'm doing exactly what youre doing but started 3 months ago.

If i'm honest with you taking lessons is the best way, if you want a head start understand the theory first, how to under stand tabs what they all mean, the different ways of tuning. Playing the guitar is great funa nd such a great feeling when you achieve that first song. Slow and steady wins the race, you're not going to be as good as Slash overnight.

The site relz mentioned is a great place to start, jopin guitar forums, speak with other epxeriencesd players.

Best of luck with your new hobby, stick with it you'll be a rock and roll star in no time!

minihansen12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youtube have alot of this :-)

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And get this: Guitar Pro 6 - Tablature software for guitar, bass, and other fretted instruments
    I learned playing guitar much faster with this.

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART