Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grim Batol

http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Grim_Batol_Zone.JPG
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Grim_Batol

Grim Batol as a New Zone

There is some implication in the novel Day of the Dragon that Grim Batol may be more than just the fortress in the Wetlands, and may also include a zone(also known as Grim Batol) east of the fortress that the Hill Dwarves take back after the second war. In the Eastern Kingdom's map in WOW there is an unfinished zone to the east of the Wetlands and Loch Modan. In the Warcraft RPG that area is called Grim Batol.
    I tried to get up in to this area just a bit ago with the mountain climber trainer, and guess what? Ran right up a invisa-bliz-wall. Mind you those ****ing things go way the **** up. 20 second fall FTL =\

But, that wall peaked my interest. Big time.

I need some other peoples input you should all tell me what you guys know about it. PLEASE!

Grim Batol
    Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait....you fell onto the other side of the wall? if you did...im gunna SS myself and try it.

samishii23's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I wish. Naw, I ran up to space and came crashing down. lol
    I'm going to have to go there now with my mage.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything more then me about Grim Batol, and what WoWWiki said.

Amedis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lookin at this place about a week go. I tried serveral times, and serveral differnt methods to see if I could get it, but no luck
    Vote for MMOwned everyday at these two sites!
    Vote Here and Vote Here
    Give Reputation For Helpful Posts!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, right now as it stands I doubt there will be anything besides flat un-developed land, I was just wondering if anyone knew the possible future for it. I mean, I know Hyjal has a **** ton of the invisable walls near the entrance, but thats because its actually developed land and what not.

coffee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im am fully against there being a flat unfinished land in there, expectialy this week since iv been to mount hyjal and the caverns of time. now iv see some exporation videos, couldnt tell if a private sever or not, but there were TONS of places iv never see before, some even with large temple like buildings that are untextured, just white, now if u can glitch and get into all these places then there has to be someway to get inside grim batol, and does anyone know whats sopose to be there, its gaurded by 62elite royal gaurd dragonkin, they hit pretty hard but are soft and are easy slowed down and kiteable. if u know anything please say someone, im very eger to find out about this place
    MORE DOTS MORE DOTS MORE DOTS

ok stop dots

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by coffee
    im am fully against there being a flat unfinished land in there, expectialy this week since iv been to mount hyjal and the caverns of time. now iv see some exporation videos, couldnt tell if a private sever or not, but there were TONS of places iv never see before, some even with large temple like buildings that are untextured, just white, now if u can glitch and get into all these places then there has to be someway to get inside grim batol, and does anyone know whats sopose to be there, its gaurded by 62elite royal gaurd dragonkin, they hit pretty hard but are soft and are easy slowed down and kiteable. if u know anything please say someone, im very eger to find out about this place
    Allow me to explain what you've seen.

The large temple that was untexted, was around patch 1.8, it was done on a private server, with GM trickery to get to the area. The temple is the main city for the Blood Elves. Quel'thalas.

As for the Dragonkin in Grim Batol. That I do know of. They are there mostly for the horde-side Onyxia chain quest. Plus it ties in with the Warcraft Lore. Might also have something to do with Blizzard giving subtle hints as to whats to come of Grim Batol.

----------
    What I was wondering, since I asked a GM this today and he told me he can not disclose any information on future content, so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Grim Batol from any source? As I do not know anything.

The only hint is what Tigole said ages ago when WoW was still in Beta...
    Tigole: "The eastern section of Wetlands is reserved for a special, max level quest event. The event is not currently in the beta. For those of you interested with the lore of that area, read the novel, Day of the Dragon. That's Grim Batol at the top of the hill there... You can also see the wrecked orc caravan >=]"

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:01:05 PST
    Was just wondering if anyone had more details. thats all. =\:confused:

TehMuchos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Grim Batol

Aye, it's just unfinished land... If you go over the mountains. Inside the mountains, with the dwarvish gate, I have no idea...

Thursty005's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Grim Batol

Lol once you get past the Walls its just a huge grass wall beyond it.