Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professional Website Development Firm Offering Our Services

Hello Ownedcore!

Our Web Development firm Mars Websites is now offering it's services to the gaming forum world. We mainly do work for small businesses in the Los Angeles CA and San Antonio TX areas, but are willing to work with you regardless of your location. We create extremely high quality sites that not only look great, but have all the functionality you need as well. What we do not do however, are cheap $100 sites built on Shopify. We are heavy gamers ourselves and would love to build some fun websites for you guys. Checkout our portfolio at Mars-Websites.com. You can contact me directly via email at [email protected] or add me on skype under the username "Midaree". We also offer logo design, web hosting, and social media packages.

Professional Website Development Firm Offering Our Services
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    But you do just buy templates from themeforest and re-brand it :P

I understand you're not specifically offering "design", you're offering development; but at least build your own darn site for your landing page.

edit: lol all your portfolio sites are rebranded themeforest templates -_-\
    Last edited by ev0; 05-04-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

3. Thanks Parog, IChangedMyUsername (2 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    midaree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We often use Themeforest as a base for our designs in order to help keep the costs down for our clients. Since we mostly tailor to small businesses, building 100% custom designs would only multiply the price for our budget-oriented customers. Keeping our quotes within our clients price range is one of our top priorities. Is there some sort of disadvantage of basing the design off a quality theme that I am not aware of?

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by midaree View Post
    Is there some sort of disadvantage of basing the design off a quality theme that I am not aware of?

Let me preface by saying I work in the industry.

You're not basing the design off a pre-fabricated template, you're using it purely as the backbone for the entire site. This effectively gives a potential client the impression that you're either incapable of creating your own designs, or you just give people the old cheap collage of website pieces that turn their site into a 5mb mess.

All I'm saying is, for your own site....build it from scratch.

edit,

1. Your homepage is tremendous - this is with blocking ads
    2. You need HTTPS if you're going to sell development in this day and age. Use cloudflare or Let's Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates
    Last edited by ev0; 05-04-2017 at 10:37 PM.

6. Thanks RodrigoHns (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    RodrigoHns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're reselling Themeforest? hahaha

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ragnar28 View Post
    The problem here is most ordinary people , your clients , wouldn't know a template from a og design
    Right, but.... who's going to be their customers? People who see the same landing pages 100x over from people copying/pasting the same templates? If a customer visits the same styled website for different products, the feeling of buying something "new" from that person is diminished unless they know the quality beforehand.

I'm not against recycling templates, but try and be creative at the least. If you're going to be selling yourself as a web designer at least take the time to standout. Get noticed for your efforts, especially if you're selling the same thing to everyone.

I'm just salty that people work their whole life to learn a trade and some people come along with a copy/paste template bought for $30 and resells your career for less than it's worth, then I have to come around and fix these issues when people like OP can't figure out simple wordpress PHP errors. I dedicated maybe 75% of my freelancer time to fixing cruddy themes and customers who aren't happy with their "copy/paste template".

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    When i went into backend , i ran straign for laravel thats where all the hype is ... but its a framework based on something ..pure php unless you know pure php you can never use laravel to its fullest because you do not understand.. same goes for everything else , html , csss, bootstrap , seo marketing in genral. Ive used templates but ive made a point of having them stand at the top of the list for their respective queries, so people ask me oh can you do seo, link building....... for me ? i say let me fix your site structure first thatl help a hell of a lot more.
    I use frameworks all the time, however I wouldn't cheapen myself by showing off work done by someone else, like OP did in his portfolio. If a customer wants a cheapo website with a template, I'll even let them pick it out. However, if I'm showing off a portfolio to people who want to hire me, I wouldn't dare show off a themeforest template as my own. That's just cruddy and dishonest.

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    People have different standards and so do clients ... i have met many who dont care and some who do lookout for that thing. And they tend to pay more so each has its pros and cons. It depends what market you are going for ...as for ethics and morals , those were nice things when we had them. They dont exist much anymore. Its eat or be eaten always has been.

But in general i admit i do agree with what you say even if i dont follow it myself.

Its a big reason why m looking for a spin off from web design and development , like marketing or SEO or who knows...
    if you want some fun SEO work, shoot me a PM I have a fun side project I need a manager for

v8web's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a website for my company, can you consult help me. My brand is law!