Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it'll be free, so might as well install it I guess. Need something to do in the downtime. WWE 2k15 is disappointing as all hell so ... removing that broken piece of trash. lol

Wildstar to go F2P - Will you play?
    Trixiap's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tankall View Post
    1) Too hard content (raid attunement) <-- @ launch yes but changed soon after
    2) Too easy content (raids) <-- No, the raids are still challenging as hell
    3) No endgame except raids <-- Disagree
    4) Bugs <-- Yep, lots
    5) August patch deployed in November <-- Incorrect
    6) WoD release <-- This one hurt a lot

7) Staff Cuts
    8.) NO MARKETING

WildStar is a million times better than it was a year ago when it launched, but it did have a lot of issues at release which took a while to iron out. I'd say that right now the game is on point and ready for the masses, Carbine just needs to get off their asses and do some broad marketing as opposed to targeting a small segment of gamers.
    Say what you want, but I was raiding in Wildstar and bosses were boring and easy. They have only few mechanics per boss and they are far from challenging. Dungeons on gold were harder then raid.

Also as end consumer I don't care about
    "only at launch"
    Staff cuts
    No marketing (this one is only half true, Wildstar was massively hyped via Twitch and other pages)

If game want be successful, they must not be like "we will fix it later". Things must be already fixed for launch, this is reason why we have betas.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trixiap View Post

If game want be successful, they must not be like "we will fix it later". Things must be already fixed for launch, this is reason why we have betas.
    Agree, though, if you get big you can get away with murder. Six months into wod we have the horde noise when ally cap in pvp and vicer versa.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up WildStar again earlier tonight, as I still had some remaining CREDD from the last time I played. They've fixed a lot of bugs and it feels like the engine has been optimized a lot. I have a lot higher frame rate now. The fact that there are two servers now means there's still always people running around no matter where you are, and it's not even F2P yet. This game is still fun, it always was, but I have some complaints after coming back after so long (some Carbine's fault, others not so much):

- Having two names (first/last name rather than one name). This really made me mad, it basically forces you to imagine some stupid roleplaying name. Thinking of a first and last name that doesn't make you look like an NPC is completely impossible. I ended up with "Purple Girl". In my opinion, single/multiple names should be optional and be chosen by the player. I also HATE that I have to rename my old main from Jadd into something else.. if they started forcing players to use multiple names and left the "old-school" players with the choice of keeping their single name (as some kind of status symbol, like owning an Ivory Raptor in WoW) I would be totally fine with it.

- Adding on to the first point, I am seeing ~90% of players using randomized first and last names, and I'm quite sure that they use the same randomizer for NPC names. There's lots of people around in most areas, but something about seeing 10 NPC names in my "nearby players" list really makes me feel like the game is empty and I'm playing single player. It's more of a psychological disadvantage, and it might only apply to me, but I have to list it here because it certainly makes me less inclined to talk to anyone.

- No one I played with a year ago, is still playing.

- All of my addons are ****ed, and there aren't a lot I was using one year ago that are still being developed or have been replaced by different addons. There are a lot less players now, which equals less addon developers, which equals a worse UI, which equals a worse gameplay experience.

But hey, that's only after one night. Maybe I'll keep you all updated, or maybe I'll forget. We'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12