Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ways to Bypass the Wildstar Launcher?

Hello, I'm in a bit of a strange situation.

I have barely played wildstar, only up to about level 3, only because the computer I own is such a piece of garbage, that the game is barely playable.

I usually play games at the college I go to, cause the computers are nice, World of Warcraft and League of Legends run just fine off of a flash drive. However, when I tried to run Wildstar off of a flash drive here, it loaded up the launcher, which prompted me to install the game. I found this strange considering I have the game downloaded on the flash drive. Of course, I could not install the game a second time if I wanted to, since that is locked by admin privileges. I tried to move the game from my drive to both the "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders, but those TOO are locked from the admin.

After dabbling around with any possible loophole I could get to play the game on this computer, I've found out that the Wildstar Launcher Tries to run the game from the "Program Files" folder, even if the executable was ran from a different source. This is because no matter what destination you ask to install wildstar, the program basically says "lol **** you" and puts the file in program files anyways, and no matter where you install it, the launcher will always try to run it from program files, and instead of running it, it will prompt you to install if it cant be found in Program Files.

Ive tried many things, from editing the executable via a program called "Resource Tuner", to attempting to even break the admin security on the computer, Ive tried installing the game in several places from my laptop, transfering, and anything that the internet has told me.

I did however find a forum on THIS website that said that you can run it if you create the proper function on C++ and run it. The only problem with this, is I have no idea how to write code in C++ or even if I did, I have no idea how to create a CreateProcess Function. Even tho I do have access to Microsoft Visual Studio.

Can anybody either, give me a way to create and run a CreateProcess function in C++ to bypass the launcher? Or even ANY other ways to bypass the launcher?

I would really enjoy PLAYING this game, but I can't really play it without it being on 7 FPS on my or any other computers I have access too, other than these college ones that are very nice.

Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Any ways to Bypass the Wildstar Launcher?
    zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

izionn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zycamzip View Post
    Thanks but this did absolutely nothing to bypass the launcher at all, it just opened it up via the launcher /: