52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does the game play out?

So I am wondering if anyone in the Beta can answer me this.

Does the feel of the game lend to more of a 'farm x mobs' approach, or is it fairly smooth and well-hidden 'kill x mobs but have fun doing it' approach.

Games like Aion really didn't hide it very well, and WoW probably doesn't have to worry about hiding it anymore, however... this new game looks amazing yet I never see anyone talk about the game itself, even on here.

If it comes down to the way the combat system works, and maybe there really isn't any way to make a 'farming' character where you can kill packs and packs of mobs endlessly. Most games have it, but I don't think anyone knows in this game yet, because no one wants to talk about it

How does the game play out?
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
    So I am wondering if anyone in the Beta can answer me this.

Does the feel of the game lend to more of a 'farm x mobs' approach, or is it fairly smooth and well-hidden 'kill x mobs but have fun doing it' approach.

Games like Aion really didn't hide it very well, and WoW probably doesn't have to worry about hiding it anymore, however... this new game looks amazing yet I never see anyone talk about the game itself, even on here.

If it comes down to the way the combat system works, and maybe there really isn't any way to make a 'farming' character where you can kill packs and packs of mobs endlessly. Most games have it, but I don't think anyone knows in this game yet, because no one wants to talk about it
    Check out the WildStarOnline subreddit, there's generally some discussion there, as well as pastebin copies of feedback which has been taken from the closed access beta forums.

From what I've seen, the game is very pleasant. Combat and questing has a lot of mixed feelings although Carbine has been doing a great job to fix any game flow issues so far and is doing well to remain connected with the community and beta testers. I have a lot of confidence with Carbine and feel like they're making the best of beta testing.
    Last edited by Jadd; 08-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Yugine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently, game is good. Alot of stuff in works to make it amazing, like different tagging system and changes to milestone system to give some choice for building character.

Currently, from I've seen, "farm x mobs" approach is pretty much present, but it's covered by... unique combat system, relying not just on smashing your rotation over and over. I mean you may, but it'll take more time and may kill you.

Stucklikegule's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it pretty boring. The Pve questing is ass numbingly boring. Leveling reminds me of WoW, where it's faster to level in a battleground than questing/grinding ... they're boring too, but they're 10 times faster than leveling by questing.
    Last edited by Stucklikegule; 12-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Frolicks's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I've got to say is: Wildstar's not as it's made out to be.

When I've first heard of the game, I thought of it more in terms of something like Archeage. You could do what whatever you want and earn experience doing it.

In reality, however, it's very much a themepark MMO, even more so than something like GW2. The path system doesn't really play a big role in your gameplay experience. You're always going to be "grinding" on mobs .The Settler path has to be my biggest disappointment; all I'm doing is collecting random set pieces in a town to spawn a predetermined buff station in a predetermined spot. Maybe I didn't play it enough...I don't know. (I think I just broke the NDA)

Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah, i'm in it too now. I kinda of agree. but ... it is still fun, I just hope that the endgame is enough to keep you occupied.

Deathyaw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally love the game

Fell0wShip3eris's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game is not that interesting as it looked at the first place, besides it get booring pretty fast , but thats only my opinion, cheers

Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was SUPER excited for the game but now I feel I'm getting bored. I'm a huge pvp fan but I guess I'm not fan of freeform combat...

EDIT: now I'm lvl 32 and I am no longer bored. On the contrary, I'm hooked fairly well!
    Last edited by Seminko; 02-01-2014 at 09:21 AM.