Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oki Doki. Where to start. First of all apologies if i have offended you in any way. Sorry!!!! My intentions where totally different.

1. Dismantled your exe using Exe2Aut
    2. Removed all the packaging and all the files from code. ( much better to keep them separate and distribute only by adding it to zip)
    3. Removed about 500 unnecessary code lines. (globals / functions vars not in use) .
    4. Re-write how program searches for image. started using _imagesearcharea instead of _imagesearch.
    This is big one as it increased performance of all by 300% at least. Depending how big resolution of your monitor is.
    Lets say you have 3 x 27" monitors running at 2560x1440. So program scans every pixel of 7680x1440. WOW that takes too much CPU raw power.
    On top of that add that you scanning screen for loot icon / 1- 3 skills / plus break of the stun 6 pictures. At the end you end-up with 8-11 pictures scanning thorough every pixel of the 7680x1440 so many times that application stars using about 20% or more of CPU power on its own. Memory usage increases like crazy too.

using _imagesearcharea is not ideal solution too as not every user can set coordinates for specific skill or know what I am talking about.

But for these who do you could create option to scan only specific window or add ability to set coordinates in .ini file near keybinds
    That would help so many users
    One more thing would be nice to have is scale selection and tolerance.

ok now down to the code

Code:
    		If GUICtrlRead($cboxvaacumloot) = $gui_checked Then
    			Local $recyclevariable = _imagesearcharea("loot.bmp", 1, 1400, 767, 1519, 884, $x, $y, 70)
    			If $recyclevariable = 1 Then
    				Send($vlootkey)
    				$recyclevariable = 0
    			EndIf
    		EndIf
    do not pay any attention to the coordinates I've added. It needs tweaking as it is too big region to scan.
    one ting I noticed while playing medic that if both DualShock and Atomize are up sometimes one of them are not fired cause I am using setup then button pressed it is continuously casting spell.
    Problem is that code just send key press and moves on to the next IF and and depending how fast it will do cycle it could missfire.

Warning not tested yet !!!!!!! : I am thinking to change if to while so it will keep pressing skill until it will be pressed. This way in theory we should have more missfires.

I might be total wrong all about this - you decide.

Break out of the stun so slow I am currently looking on the way to speed it up. Will let you know if I will find anything

By the way in ideal world the best way to write program like that would be not using _image search but use memory reading like
    [Release] XLoot 32/64-bit Autolooter [Memory reading].

Memory reading would be so much faster and so much more effective.
    I might find time to do something like that later next week.
    Last edited by dusia128; 07-05-2014 at 12:21 PM.

dtoast's Autoloot: Never press V again!
    Midi12's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dusia128 View Post
    Lets say you have 3 x 27" monitors running at 2560x1440. So program scans every pixel of 7680x4320.
    Math : (x * y) * 3 is different than x * 3 * y * 3
    Last edited by Midi12; 07-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.

dusia128's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Midi12 View Post
    Math : (x * y) * 3 is different than x * 3 * y * 3
    good find editing right now

dtoast's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dusia128 View Post
    Oki Doki. Where to start. First of all apologies if i have offended you in any way. Sorry!!!! My intentions where totally different.

1. Dismantled your exe using Exe2Aut
    2. Removed all the packaging and all the files from code. ( much better to keep them separate and distribute only by adding it to zip)
    3. Removed about 500 unnecessary code lines. (globals / functions vars not in use) .
    4. Re-write how program searches for image. started using _imagesearcharea instead of _imagesearch.
    This is big one as it increased performance of all by 300% at least. Depending how big resolution of your monitor is.
    Lets say you have 3 x 27" monitors running at 2560x1440. So program scans every pixel of 7680x1440. WOW that takes too much CPU raw power.
    On top of that add that you scanning screen for loot icon / 1- 3 skills / plus break of the stun 6 pictures. At the end you end-up with 8-11 pictures scanning thorough every pixel of the 7680x1440 so many times that application stars using about 20% or more of CPU power on its own. Memory usage increases like crazy too.

using _imagesearcharea is not ideal solution too as not every user can set coordinates for specific skill or know what I am talking about.

But for these who do you could create option to scan only specific window or add ability to set coordinates in .ini file near keybinds
    That would help so many users
    One more thing would be nice to have is scale selection and tolerance.

ok now down to the code

Code:
    		If GUICtrlRead($cboxvaacumloot) = $gui_checked Then
    			Local $recyclevariable = _imagesearcharea("loot.bmp", 1, 1400, 767, 1519, 884, $x, $y, 70)
    			If $recyclevariable = 1 Then
    				Send($vlootkey)
    				$recyclevariable = 0
    			EndIf
    		EndIf
    do not pay any attention to the coordinates I've added. It needs tweaking as it is too big region to scan.
    one ting I noticed while playing medic that if both DualShock and Atomize are up sometimes one of them are not fired cause I am using setup then button pressed it is continuously casting spell.
    Problem is that code just send key press and moves on to the next IF and and depending how fast it will do cycle it could missfire.

Warning not tested yet !!!!!!! : I am thinking to change if to while so it will keep pressing skill until it will be pressed. This way in theory we should have more missfires.

I might be total wrong all about this - you decide.

Break out of the stun so slow I am currently looking on the way to speed it up. Will let you know if I will find anything

By the way in ideal world the best way to write program like that would be not using _image search but use memory reading like
    [Release] XLoot 32/64-bit Autolooter [Memory reading].

Memory reading would be so much faster and so much more effective.
    I might find time to do something like that later next week.
    Just to briefly cover the important things here:

There's nowhere near 500 lines of code, so not sure where you got that number from. Maybe all the include stuff added to your final count. Can't get away from most of it as it's required for various elements - unless you want something without a ui (and thus without checkboxes, and options or imagesearch ...).

I started using imagesearcharea but ceased for one major reason: Searching by imagesearcharea means having to factor in the area that the icons will show up at every resolution possible, or having users figure out what their coordinates are and have them enter this themselves. This is meant to be a simple thing to use with as little need to screw around with it as possible. Folks with 3x 27" monitors are not going to have a cheap cpu in the first place either, so any increased load shouldn't be noticeable to them (besides which, they're a miniscule minority and I'm not tweaking performance to suit such a small base). If you want to know how fast it's cycling for you, go kill something, get the loot icon up on screen, press ENTER (so your text input is open) and start the app. See how fast the 'v's fill your text box - it should be around 2-3 per second (at least on my system it is). Finally, if you're playing at such a skill level that a 500ms delay due to misfired keypress gets you killed, then what the hell are you doing using this in the first place?

You're not going to have 8-11 pictures scanning at all times: you'll have loot; 1, maybe 2 abilities; and the unstun feature (4, not 6). So at most 7. 2 to 3 if you're not using unstun.

Using memory offsets/reading would be ideal if I wanted to update it every time there was a patch. I don't want to do that. As it stands, unless the icons are changed in game, this app will keep working without update until the servers are shut down decades from now.

Next time before going all gung-ho dissecting something, stop and think about what reasons someone might have for doing it that way. It may just turn out that it was done that way on purpose.

Finally, if you think what I'm giving away for free here is so useless, please create your own tool from scratch and post it for everyone to use.
    Last edited by dtoast; 07-09-2014 at 11:35 AM.

dusia128's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nowhere near 500 lines of code, so not sure where you got that number from. Maybe all the include stuff added to your final count. Can't get away from most of it as it's required for various elements - unless you want something without a ui (and thus without checkboxes, and options or imagesearch ...).
    yes I counted with include and useless global and etc :P

I started using imagesearcharea but ceased for one major reason: Searching by imagesearcharea means having to factor in the area that the icons will show up at every resolution possible, or having users figure out what their coordinates are and have them enter this themselves. This is meant to be a simple thing to use with as little need to screw around with it as possible
    I totally understand that you tried to make foolproof small tool. I don't have a doubt in that.

Folks with 3x 27" monitors are not going to have a cheap cpu in the first place either, so any increased load shouldn't be noticeable to them (besides which, they're a miniscule minority and I'm not tweaking performance to suit such a small base).[I] If you want to know how fast it's cycling for you, go kill something, get the loot icon up on screen, press ENTER (so your text input is open) and start the app. See how fast the 'v's fill your text box - it should be around 2-3 per second (at least on my system it is).
    Sorry mate but I think you have not a clue how to test you own app and how it runs in different configurations. To be honest in some configurations your app can use up to 20-25% i7 CPU usage.

Finally, if you're playing at such a skill level that a 500ms delay due to misfired keypress gets you killed, then what the hell are you doing using this in the first place?
    the reason not deaths or something in these lines. Reason I hate misfires that some skills have only limited time to be pressed and you are loosing dps and etc. Reason some people is using this tool is to have lees buttons to press and be more effective. I think you limited yourself to you own ability here :P

You're not going to have 8-11 pictures scanning at all times: you'll have loot; 1, maybe 2 abilities; and the unstun feature (4, not 6). So at most 7. 2 to 3 if you're not using unstun.

Using memory offsets/reading would be ideal if I wanted to update it every time there was a patch. I don't want to do that. As it stands, unless the icons are changed in game, this app will keep working without update until the servers are shut down decades from now.
    Almost true about patches but not the point. and it is easy to get offsets anyway
    Decades ??? not sure about that color change interface change mods and etc. even resolution have effect on image search I think you might do a bit of research on how image search library you using works and how tolerance affects it.

Next time before going all gung-ho dissecting something, stop and think about what reasons someone might have for doing it that way. It may just turn out that it was done that way on purpose.
    is it licensed ? do you know how to protect your work ? Do you know that giving away compiled autoit exe is same as giving away source code.

Reason I know. I wonder how many "donations" you already received? If you want get some $$$$ you should be supporting it better improving it and etc.

Finally, if you think what I'm giving away for free here is so useless, please create your own tool from scratch and post it for everyone to use.
    I create my too from scratch in few click back in beta times using WinAutomation Console. And after Auto it using same library same if's and etc.
    I am not looking for easy money. one day I might publish tool I am using myself but it is not ready yet for public release as I am working on the workaround for the issue wild-start spell queue introduces while using autocast

http://i57.tinypic.com/2r5t9b4.png

http://i60.tinypic.com/20qkowl.png

improvements and suggestion for your tool before you start bitching again.
    1. you could add check box "use coordinates and scale" for more advanced users to increase performance for them leaving no coordinates option for people who don't care.
    that option would need to add 2 small text boxes near each skill for coordinates X and Y and may be for scale
    2. add shortcut keys for activating deactivating check boxes.
    3. add button with information how create your own icons.

64bit might be an option

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910