Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there any way to still run this after the patch, it only lets me run the game in a full screen windowed, not a window at 1024x768 <-- (may be backwards). anyways its not working anymore since i cannot be at the correct resolution or in windowed mode for that matter

[Open Source] Lucky's Spacebot
    Buuford's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, thanks you guys for your work and letting us have fun with it =)

I'm have a couple issues, but I don't know if it's something I'm doing or not.

1) I have tried over and over to see if the bot jumps at the beginning and it doesn't. Very rarely does it. I start the bot and try, but it just sits down in the chair and starts.
    2) When a mission is done it doesn't accept the mission complete. It will just sit there. I've tried 5.31, 5.32 and the unstable 5.33. I've tried the different settings in each of them and still nothing. 1 setting will click the wrong spot, if I knew how to change the location of the 1 click, then I might be able to just use that.
    3) I tried to compile 5.31 and 5.32 but it won't compile on my machine, just keeps throwing an error saying that a file is not included.
    4) The crew missions keeps clicking the crew mission window banner and then a mission and stay in an infinite loop that way without sending anything on a mission.

I tried reading all of the 110 pages of the last post, but that was a lot to sort through. I've read the tips and the q&as. If I've missed something please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help =)

in2fun's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since 1.3 the changing from windowed fullscreen to windowed, and changing resolution size is phucked.
    For me I have to change one, accept, change other accept, if didnt work change again. After few tries finally get windowed and res correct size.

Just heads up if anyone has this happen. It will work just mess with it till find combination to change.

Besides that, running aeton fine no problems. Just got legacy so havent tried new space mission xp perks. Will be interesting on how fast can lvl a toon up after that.

iamphatboy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to resize resolution in windowed mode

Originally Posted by poopyjoe View Post
    is there any way to still run this after the patch, it only lets me run the game in a full screen windowed, not a window at 1024x768 <-- (may be backwards). anyways its not working anymore since i cannot be at the correct resolution or in windowed mode for that matter
    For those of you who are having difficulties figuring out how to now resize your window since 1.3, here is a workaround.

1) Goto Preferences
    2) Change the mode to fullscreen windowed mode, change the graphics quality to Low and set your resolution to 1024x768 and click OK and save the changes
    3) Goto back to Preferences
    4) Change the mode to windowed mode, click OK and save the changes

it's literally that easy..

PS: Kudos to Cystacae, Phagotron, Lucky and the others who have contributed to this project. I know you guys are real busy outside and this is a side project but you guys have built a real awesome product and I'm really grateful. Thank You!
    Last edited by iamphatboy; 06-27-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Cystacae's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poopyjoe View Post
    We are not aware atm of issues as we have had reports that it is fine. Have you dropped your interface back to default?
    "I'm cookin' with gas. I've gotta handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad. Yeah. That's your spinal cord. Baby. Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." -- Midnight Bomber from The Tick.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Buuford View Post

1) I have tried over and over to see if the bot jumps at the beginning and it doesn't. Very rarely does it. I start the bot and try, but it just sits down in the chair and starts.
    2) When a mission is done it doesn't accept the mission complete. It will just sit there. I've tried 5.31, 5.32 and the unstable 5.33. I've tried the different settings in each of them and still nothing. 1 setting will click the wrong spot, if I knew how to change the location of the 1 click, then I might be able to just use that.
    3) I tried to compile 5.31 and 5.32 but it won't compile on my machine, just keeps throwing an error saying that a file is not included.
    4) The crew missions keeps clicking the crew mission window banner and then a mission and stay in an infinite loop that way without sending anything on a mission.

I tried reading all of the 110 pages of the last post, but that was a lot to sort through. I've read the tips and the q&as. If I've missed something please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help =)
    Have you changed your interface to default?
    "I'm cookin' with gas. I've gotta handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad. Yeah. That's your spinal cord. Baby. Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." -- Midnight Bomber from The Tick.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iamphatboy View Post
    For those of you who are having difficulties figuring out how to now resize your window since 1.3, here is a workaround.

1) Goto Preferences
    2) Change the mode to fullscreen windowed mode, change the graphics quality to Low and set your resolution to 1024x768 and click OK and save the changes
    3) Goto back to Preferences
    4) Change the mode to windowed mode, click OK and save the changes

it's literally that easy..

PS: Kudos to Cystacae, Phagotron, Lucky and the others who have contributed to this project. I know you guys are real busy outside and this is a side project but you guys have built a real awesome product and I'm really grateful. Thank You!
    You forgot one other thing, default interface is also something.

As far as the project I appreciate the thanks/kudos and I can say that I believe I speak for the past/present devs and other contributors. We do this because we like to help out the community and there will be much more fixes and more advanced Spacebot on the way for 5.4! We don't get paid and I don't even ask for donations as this originally was Lucky's baby. I started helping him and he came to me and said he needed an extended break. I understood that he wanted me to take over as the rest of the message had to do with that. He may return, he may not, the project must go on. Now onto my current issue... My PC crashed, 3 long beeps on my ASRock 990fx Extreme3 which means memory. Just happened about 20 mins ago from the time of this message and I have yet to diagnose if it is mem slot or the GeIL Corsa ram stick(s). So I am out of commission for probably a couple weeks if I can't get it up crippled as all 5.4 is currently on that system. Phagotron is kinda maintaining bug fixes on 5.3 but he is also busy as I am too. I gots a new beautiful lady in my life that treats me like friggin gold, first relationship after my divorce about 5 years ago or so. One night stands I have had but never bothered with relationships. Anyways, I will try to keep up on things and will hopefully get my crippled machine up within 24 hours. If not I know something bigger happened like a cap blew or something and made the ram slots no able to be read. Who knows... Anyways guys just informing you as well as Phagotron via this. Phago, I really could use your help now brotha!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by in2fun View Post
    Since 1.3 the changing from windowed fullscreen to windowed, and changing resolution size is phucked.
    For me I have to change one, accept, change other accept, if didnt work change again. After few tries finally get windowed and res correct size.

Just heads up if anyone has this happen. It will work just mess with it till find combination to change.

Besides that, running aeton fine no problems. Just got legacy so havent tried new space mission xp perks. Will be interesting on how fast can lvl a toon up after that.
    You can also change to a res and not accept the changes (revert) and it does the same thing and cuts out a step or two.

mephuser1000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any guide for dummies on how to make Lucky Spacebot work in Vmware WinXP 64 bits?

I can only get Lucky Spacebot to go click/load until the correct space mission and then it refuses to shoot at anything.

trlol's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm using 32bits (machine 32, my computer 64) you need to redo the images of the events
    try to change from windows classic mode to aero or something.. the images change you when do that, the pixels get weird patterns

Rhematos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed the donation button is gone. Will there be away in the future for us who no nothing about coding to be able to support the project? Thanks!

Also no one happens to have the list of the space missions as to which is the most profitable one do they? I had a link to the spreadsheet a while back, but have totally lost it. If someone knows the answer feel free to chirp up!

BTW good work on the new version guys! Thank y'all so much.

irishboy420's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to say thanks Cystacae, for keeping this going and id also like to know if i could donate, would love to help support. One thing that ive noticed (i keep my husbands and mine going at night) is it seems to clik in the wrong place sometimes and exits out of Tor, and it does on both comps at some point acouple times a day. I use the resize and move option now, grreat feature, jw if theres anything i can do to avoid that? Oh and i cant seem to get crew skills to run consistantly for a while, seems not to work on toons w/ 5 companions. Again great bot!!

federp's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, thanks for the hard work!

I've been trying to get it going on Parallels 7 running a win7 (32bit), it seems to only kind of work though. It clicks the chair and chooses the "space area" but usually doesn't find the actual mission to click and stalls out at "selecting mission" or something along those lines.

Could this be a parallels issue or more likely the image search not working correctly somehow?

UPDATE:
    A recompile with autoit worked a treat, it completes a mission. Just have to figure out why it doesn't accept te reward...
    Last edited by federp; 06-28-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Buuford's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Buuford

Have you changed your interface to default?
    Yes sir, I followed the instructions a few times and went over the tips quite a few times as well.

Thanks again for any help =)

Death1212's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any plans to hit bonus missions, particularly Sullust/Drexel?