0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cerander View Post
    I would personally love a video on how to setup the bot for SWTOR. Having a hard time. I can record a routing....and thats the extent of my knowledge with the bot.

Seconded, anyone fancy writing a guide?

Macrogoblin space mission botting
    socaboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Damonftw View Post
    Seconded, anyone fancy writing a guide?

yes that would be a great idea

thelabel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you a very quick example of how to get up and rolling in about 30 min.

Download MacroGoblin
    Go to forums under space mission scripts and download FlyBot 1.9-TEST etc. (it is a script so you just save it somewhere)
    Install/open MG and then File>>Load A File and locate where you saved the script (FlyBot 1.9)
    Next once it loads click on Edit>>Routine Editor
    This window you click on the left side "Missionen" to expand the options and it shows all the missions.
    Click on one you want to record.

I forgot to mention at this point you probably want to go ahead and have SW open and in window mode at a desired resolution.
    Before you go to edit the routine, make sure you click on "change resolution" button the the MWLR Flybot window. First box is the width, second the height. For instance first box if you are running 1280X800 would be 1280, second box would be 800.
    After this you want to set your SW to that resolution in windowed mode.

Next be at your Captian's chair on your ship. Be standing and level out your camera behind your guys back.
    On the "Create and Edit Routines" window ( remember you got here by clicking Edit>>Routine Editor) select the mission you wish to record.
    You will see a little red circle near the top middle of the window, it's the record button. Press it.
    The window that pops up will be options for the recording you are about to do. I prefer to leave all at default except for the Record Mouse Movement Method:
    I choose to Record Exact Movement. Click OK
    Now you will press the F11 key while SW is in the forground, and continue to select a mission, complete the mission and accept the reward at the end.
    When you are back in your ship at the captain's chair, press F12 to stop recording.
    BAM your script for that particular mission is complete.'

Back on the Flybot window, click the tab that says your mission's name, and click on start.
    Click on SW window so it is your focus, and watch your character play himself through the mission you just did.

I know this seems like a lot but once you do it once it is very easy and simple to do. Sometimes my guy spazzes out after a good few number of run thorughs, after which I stop the script, move him back to the default point, and click start again.

*This is just an example of what you would do using one of the mission scripts provided on the MB forums.*

drupanu's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance of finding this one some torrent shit to test it out before buying?

thelabel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No because when you start up MB, it requests your login info for the forums, which tracks if you have paid or not.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A word from your favorite super mod. Macrogoblin is awesome. End of discussion.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Fauxie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with macrogoblin:

Don't purchase this product for some time. It feels... unpolished. Their other bots all have rave crazy reviews, but i'd wait a month or two before touching this.

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retarded they force a charge of 30USD without ANY ability to test out the product. I've now thought of it.. and I won't be purchasing this crap.

kallellkryptonite's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aelus View Post
    Retarded they force a charge of 30USD without ANY ability to test out the product. I've now thought of it.. and I won't be purchasing this crap.
    It's 30 bucks for a YEAR. big effing deal.

I know it sucks you can't test it, but he's got a good reputation and its not like its a "unknown" shady product that just came out.

Unlitmoon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macro Goblin is amazing. And to the person above who said it's not a "Polished" bot... It's not a bot, it's a bot creating platform so people without any programming knowledge can create their own bots.

With regards to SWTOR space missions:
    - It's difficult to make one that appeases everyone. I made the first space mission bot with MG and have learned a lot in the process of making it slowly better. Now there are a few others who learned from my early work and have started make their own in slightly different ways. The main issue with space mission botting is the exact precision required. If you are only a few ms (milliseconds) off from the recording, you can fail the mission or die. Therein the main problem is getting the bot to start the flight/combat routine at EXACTLY the same time, every time, on every computer. Not easy... We've also been having issues with those who play SWTOR on an ancient resolution and expect the routines made by people with modern screens to work, they wont... While you can use mine, or someone else's bot that they have posted on the MG forums, you will have to tweak it yourself to get it to work flawlessly, and sometimes it's easier to just learn to make your own. I've been considering making a routine that would be a framework for space missions to make it a lot easier for people to record their own at their own resolutions, but not sure if I will ever get around to it.

Cliffnotes: MG is awesome, $30 for an entire year is chump change, stop being cheap and complaining about no trial and just buy it and try it. There is a 1 week refund policy, if you don't like it, return it.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unlitmoon View Post
    Macro Goblin is amazing. And to the person above who said it's not a "Polished" bot... It's not a bot, it's a bot creating platform so people without any programming knowledge can create their own bots.

- It's difficult to make one that appeases everyone.

Nailed it right on the spot. I have private profiles from xx-28 and 29 to 50 space missions. Currently working on making different ones depending on your ships stats ( As it affects how smoothly the mission will run ) and something to keep track of success/failure rates.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

floodman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have to agree, Macro Goblin is the bomb - as Max said, it's not a bot, it allows you to create your own bots in super simple, easy manner - I know crap about coding or programming and I can whip stuff together. Anyone can make a super easy crafting bot in like 5 minutes on it. Anyway, I stopped using any of these other bots since I switched to the space missions as why would I bother with running around in a BG looking like a bot when I can pump out 80k an hour in experience and 25k an hour in credits doing missions - goto sleep and wake up with 3 levels and a good bunch of credits.

30 bucks for a year is nothing and it supports lots of other games. MG has been around a long time.

To each their own I guess.

sp0rff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kallellkryptonite View Post
    It's 30 bucks for a YEAR. big effing deal.
    That's $2.50 per month, LOL! Basically free...

Fauxie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :\ After my little test run with this product (and deciding i'm to braindead to use it) I requested to return it and not be charged (IE-> Used their trial, decided it wasn't for me) And now they charged me AFTER I said I was not going to be using their product. What makes it worse? They don't even let you PM the mods, because once you request the refund your account is not allowed to send messages to anyone on their team through their website.

I'll keep people posted on what happens, but as of right now, I feel like I might be out my 30$

Randomizer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fauxie View Post
    :\ After my little test run with this product (and deciding i'm to braindead to use it) I requested to return it and not be charged (IE-> Used their trial, decided it wasn't for me) And now they charged me AFTER I said I was not going to be using their product. What makes it worse? They don't even let you PM the mods, because once you request the refund your account is not allowed to send messages to anyone on their team through their website.

I'll keep people posted on what happens, but as of right now, I feel like I might be out my 30$
    I will pay ya 10 to take over the account! =p

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast