Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasterDavid View Post
    Keep getting this error"See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at PoeHUD.Hud.ExternalOverlay.<OnLoad>d__c.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
    Check that your config/settings.json is not zero bytes. There are a few things which cause the SettingsHub.Save() function to fail to properly save settings.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don't know that we should add those functions back into PoEHUD.

There will be other trainers that address those hacks specifically like there always has been. Let them implement a bypass for those particular hacks if they want.

I just think that we should try and stay in the grey area and avoid crossing the write line if we don't have too. I don't feel like it is necessary to make an all-in-one solution that exposes everyone who wants to use PoEHUD features to the risk of all potential risks.

That's just my opinion.

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Personally I don't know that we should add those functions back into PoEHUD.

There will be other trainers that address those hacks specifically like there always has been. Let them implement a bypass for those particular hacks if they want.

I just think that we should try and stay in the grey area and avoid crossing the write line if we don't have too. I don't feel like it is necessary to make an all-in-one solution that exposes everyone who wants to use PoEHUD features to the risk of all potential risks.

That's just my opinion.
    It's not going to be all in one, I agree with this mentality entierly, my fork will never write to memory and i'll do my best to keep it from the AC, the bypass is another project entierly that tackles the AC head on.

cannolite's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working on some new features.

PoEHUD Overlay Updated-es-life-mana-bars-jpg

Have separate life/es/mana bars working which also show the flat amounts. It still needs to be integrated with the settings menu before it's ready to be shared.
    Last edited by cannolite; 01-26-2015 at 11:04 PM.

datz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    166/19
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing job guys <3

qoika's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow cannolite!

btw if you need some inspiration on future improvements, take a look on D3 HUD features:

https://i.imgur.com/rPERxKE.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/RJeCOSD.jpg
    Last edited by qoika; 01-27-2015 at 02:57 AM.

MasterDavid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I get only the white items for crafting bases I want?
    I saw it somewhere in the 125 page post but can't find it again.

cannolite's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qoika View Post
    wow cannolite!

btw if you need some inspiration on future improvements, take a look on D3 HUD features:

https://i.imgur.com/rPERxKE.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/RJeCOSD.jpg
    I use the D3 hud anytime I play and I agree, it's really well done. I've got pretty big plans for the PoE utilities, but I'm learning c# and game reversing as I go along, so it's impossible to guess when I'll be able to deliver more useful things. It's only been three days since I started, so progress is good so far.

xaodex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasterDavid View Post
    How do I get only the white items for crafting bases I want?
    I saw it somewhere in the 125 page post but can't find it again.
    You can choose exact name and minimum item level by editing crafting_bases.txt

Gold Ring,,,White
    will highlight all white gold rings of any level.

Gold Ring,60,,White
    will only highlight white gold rings with iLvl 60+

Remove (or comment them out) all item names in your crafting bases that you don't care about at all, add those you want.

xaodex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing around with tooltip ideas a bit.

While I'm personally intrigued by NotEvenRookieDeveloper's stat collection I don't think it's viable. It will attach so much data to each item that the majority of players will just end up severely confused.

I'm more in favor simplifying what we already have.
    How much do you guys care about the actual tier names? I think they are nice to judge items because everyone who's played a while probably got used to their favorite stat's tier names. On the other hand they basically double the tooltip size. Removing them and instead coloring the tier number would allow each stat to fit in a single line. Smaller, cleaner, potentially less useful depending on preference (it would of course be optional to still show the names).

A little mockup:
    PoEHUD Overlay Updated-tooltipmockup-jpg

It would at least save some space.

Any kind of simplified quality identifier (like the good old Gearscore) is hard in this game. Depending on play style and build there's just too much variation in quality. Health is a wasted slot for CI, Resolute technique doesn't care about crit, EB-Summoner vendors perfectly rolled Shavs.
    One thing that can work is picking a set of usually decent stats (not necessarily for this character) and sum them up with some stat-specific weights to get at least some quality base line.

An example (all weights randomly pulled out of my ass, don't tell me that regen is awesome )

We have those (user changeable) weights:
    Armor * 1
    Life * 6
    Life Regen * 0.02
    Elemental Res * 4
    Chaos Res * 10
    Light radius * 0

And we find a Glorious Plate with
    553 Armor
    87 Life
    1.5 Regen
    35 Cold Resist
    21 Chaos Resist
    9999 Light Radius (I know it can't roll, just an example)

'Gearscore': 1426.8

The item would be quite worthless for any CI character, people still have to think a bit. But it would give some indication that the stats on it are generally useful and high enough.

There would also be items that get a high score because they have very decent individual stats but their combination doesn't really make sense for anyone and the item is ultimately pretty bad. But we can probably live with that.

The hard part is finding a base set of weights that most people can somewhat agree on. It would of course be a text file for individual changes but since most people never change anything the defaults need to be somewhat useful.

So I'm throwing this out for discussion. How would you weight individual stats in relation to each other? Of course 'How much base life is one percent crit chance worth?' is bad question to answer.

Another option would be to group them into 2 individual scores: Offensive and defensive (think D3). This avoids having resistances on a trash dps weapon making it look good.

MiddleMan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    42/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to add my voice of support and thanks to you for keeping this project alive. YOU ARE AWESOME, THANK YOU!

I agree completely with @Jaerin and @HvC, I hope the features in this this fork *never* write to memory.

One last thing, can PoEHUD highlight items with a certain number of linked sockets (eg: 3 or 4 linked sockets would be very helpful early in the game)? I thought I could do this in an old version of PoEHUD but I can't see how to do it now. Apologies if I'm being stupid.

Thanks again.

Druzil01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Just want to add my voice of support and thanks to you for keeping this project alive. YOU ARE AWESOME, THANK YOU!

I agree completely with @Jaerin and @HvC, I hope the features in this this fork *never* write to memory.

One last thing, can PoEHUD highlight items with a certain number of linked sockets (eg: 3 or 4 linked sockets would be very helpful early in the game)? I thought I could do this in an old version of PoEHUD but I can't see how to do it now. Apologies if I'm being stupid.

Thanks again.
    i dont think it makes any sense at all, as nearly all of the players are out of this "early in the game" state realy fast. its all about endgame

firebird891's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post

Thanks again.
    settings.json file > "Item alert" > "MinLinks" > Change '"Value": 5' to what you want No way to configure through the Menu afaik.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems the itempreview is occasionally throwing exceptions:
    Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at PoeHUD.Hud.InventoryPreview.InventoryPreviewPlugin.AddItem(Int32 x, Int32 y, Size2 itemSize)
       at PoeHUD.Hud.InventoryPreview.InventoryPreviewPlugin.AddItems()
       at PoeHUD.Hud.InventoryPreview.InventoryPreviewPlugin.Render()
       at PoeHUD.Hud.ExternalOverlay.<OnRender>b__12(IPlugin x)
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
       at PoeHUD.Hud.ExternalOverlay.OnRender()
       at PoeHUD.Framework.Helpers.ActionHelper.SafeInvoke(Action action)
       at PoeHUD.Hud.UI.Graphics.RenderLoop()
       at PoeHUD.Hud.ExternalOverlay.<OnLoad>b__b()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at PoeHUD.Hud.ExternalOverlay.<OnLoad>d__c.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)

Page 3 of 461 FirstFirst 123456753103 ... LastLast