Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Tutorial] Path of Exile - Editing textures!

Path of Exile - Model Editing

Software Requirements
    Download these programs before following the guide!

-VisualGGPK (Archive extractor & builder) for opening archives: https://sites.google.com/site/madbra...edirects=0&d=1
    -x2y Image Converter for converting DDS textures: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/x2y/x2y-0.1.exe

Please note: I strongly suggest making a backup of your Content.ggpk before applying
    any graphic mods since you could mess up really bad and make your game unplayable.

How to Edit Textures

1 ) Start VisualGGPK.exe, navigate to your Path of Exile -folder and open Content.ggpk
    2 ) Open the ROOT->Art and then choose either 2DArt for UI textures or Textures for others
    3 ) Select the texture you are willing to swap to/edit, .mat-files are good for figuring out which textures
    are used by a model.
    4 ) Right click on the file name (.dds) and select extract

5 ) Open up x2y, press "Add images" and locate your extracted (.dds) file
    6 ) Select an output directory, this is where your file will be saved, and png as your output filetype.
    7 ) Edit the .png file with Photoshop or any other compatible editor and convert the file back to .dds
    8 ) Go back to VisualGGPK and select the file you extracted, right click and this time select replace.
    9 ) Navigate to your edited .dds and choose it, let the program parse the GGPK and exit it.
    10 ) Start up Path of Exile and enjoy your custom/edited texture!

Additional information
    -Other things like shaders can be edited too, those will be introduced in a future thread
    -Trying to edit a .ggpk while the game is started will cause VisualGGPK to crash

Ban risk
    Been using my edited Content-package since the launch of Open Beta. No ban yet and
    aren't expecting one since ultimately this is an indie game. They should
    and probably will respect modders as long as you don't exploit the game.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Xel; 02-07-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo

[Tutorial] Path of Exile - Editing textures!
  2. Thanks dhruv_a (1 members gave Thanks to Xel for this useful post)
    appudda's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To change loot text colors: Find a file called named_colours.txt in Metadata->UI. Once you find it I recommend always export, edit the export file, replace. Don't make a new one then replace
    It has the RGB color of item text. For example it has: "uniqueitem rgb(255,0,255)" I made RGB hot pink color

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by appudda View Post
    To change loot text colors: Find a file called named_colours.txt in Metadata->UI. Once you find it I recommend always export, edit the export file, replace. Don't make a new one then replace
    It has the RGB color of item text. For example it has: "uniqueitem rgb(255,0,255)" I made RGB hot pink color
    That's actually pretty neat.

KneeFat's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome! Could do some sweet stuff with this.
    Thanks.

darkmaouli's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could this lead to get banned?
    Last edited by darkmaouli; 02-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.

oBLACKIECHANoo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darkmaouli View Post
    Could this lead to get banned?
    Possibly. I PM'ed Chris months ago about editing the UI and he said "We can not allow you to edit any of the games files, sorry". But it's not an official rule or anything. But I assume they could detect any changes, since that is just basic security. You should just do it on a second account, with a second client, it is f2p after all and multi-boxing is allowed, so you can trade items back and forth between your main and your 2nd account when you need them. No point in risking your main account.

pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/135
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oBLACKIECHANoo View Post
    Possibly. I PM'ed Chris months ago about editing the UI and he said "We can not allow you to edit any of the games files, sorry". But it's not an official rule or anything.
    There are "official rules", but GGG assumes everyone should know them. In their minds (GGG's), everyone should be following them, even if they aren't made aware of them "officially" by modern day conventions.

Two quick examples. The first one being [question to GGG] PoE items on d2jsp, which just represents one of the many threads that were posted about d2jsp. Moderators and Alphas are aware of the rules, why isn't everyone else? It's a rhetorical question, but it's because they are closer to GGG than everyone else and know these things from being around them so long.

The second example, when it comes to client modifications and interactions: CoralRing - Extended Window Control. This thread was made during closed beta, and subsequently Chris replied to it after Open Beta:
    Although we are not currently banning on purpose for use of this program (I do think it's quite cool), it's worth noting that it may be detected as a clientside modification so I unfortunately have to recommend not using it. We can't allow any form of clientside modification because it's possible for people to sneak in small extra features like maphacks and other things that gain incremental advantage from information that may be available to the client early for lag reasons.
    The RMT rules were known all along and came at no surprise, but it took until Feb. 3rd for a post to be made. It's been long known to people GGG's stance against it, yet they did not make any "rules" posts for when Open Beta arrived.

Likewise, the rules for client modification and interactions have been long known, but there's no "official sticky" post yet. I'd expect one in the future, hopefully. I've tried to get them to post such a thread, both before and after Open Beta, but to no avail. The irony of the matter is, I think they may be aware of it, but just aren't acting, which bothers me.

There are countless other examples, but in general, it's easier to just assume anything can get you banned.

From their EULA/ToS:
    Any contravention by you of these Terms of Use or any other terms or conditions notified to you by Grinding Gear Games or any behaviour which Grinding Gear Games deems in its sole discretion is not in keeping with the intended spirit of participation in POE, terminates the Licence Immediately.
    Essentially, that's how they have their EULA/ToS setup. If you are doing things they think aren't in line with the spirit of the game, expect a ban. They are against game file modifications and client interactions with 3rd party tools (this includes virtual/physical modification). That is their intention when they talk about "client modifications".

Whether they can detect you or prevent you from doing such things is another issue entirely. They have also admitted that they can't stop a lot of things, yet they don't feel the need to communicate these points with the community (outside of the people that already know how they feel).

This obviously creates confusion though, since multiboxing doesn't seem to be as vocally opposed as say a maphack, even though Chris has said he doesn't want people doing it (PMs posted in the Multiboxing thread).

So, that's the way things are right now. Also, I'm pretty sure they can associate alts and mains. They essentially have to, when it comes to tracking exploits. This means if you are cheating on an alt, but are still interacting with your main, then you are still risking your main. I wouldn't put it past them to ban ALL accounts associated with the cheating account, even though I think that'd be a mistake on their part. Just keep that in mind...

Michaehm's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could do some sweet stuff with this.
    Last edited by Xel; 02-09-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Mencius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by appudda View Post
    I just tried doing this. But for me it just shows some weird chinese letters or something. What am I doing wrong?
    [Tutorial] Path of Exile - Editing textures!-z4pnrfz-jpg

Edit: Lol, got it working! I was apperantly using it on an old corrupt installation.
    Last edited by Mencius; 12-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.

darkbluefirefly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you use this to make PoE use less memory? by making some objects transparent? like wireframe lol.

laundrybag's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you know how poe displays the sockets and links while items are on the ground.
    i'm wanting to change the color of the links so it shows more clearly

clopman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this is ashived with this tool but i havnt managed to figure out how.. [Tutorial] Path of Exile - Editing textures!-howitemlevel-jpg i have manage to change item colors name but im trying to figure out how to add the item levels to the name on ground like he have on the stream, if anyone knows please do tell!

Langley's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think as long as nothing is being injected you should be safe. I've used texture editors and multiboxed on just about every MMO and have never been banned or suspended. Even with Blizzard's crazy Warden security.

An7hrax's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    20/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to model change items or try out some gear to see if it suits your current gear check out:

ROOT\Art\Models\Items\Armours\

Just replace one folders models with another and you get that model in game.
    Want to have MTX headgear? easy, just find your model you are using and replace it with the MTX model.
    If you like the look... Go a head and add MTX points to your account and buy it, support GGG!

moby010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi could you tell me where are located the texture of the mouse?: Путать:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast