Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's fine. Sorry for misreading your post I think I've nailed the timing issues entirely with 0.1.6a. I have it running here with 7 characters for 2 hours. No timeout at all. You will also find it's faster because I tightened some of the wait states (they can be further tuned if everything is working fine for everyone).

A few notes on updating to a new version:

a) The "cookie.jar" file holds your session cookies (saved one-time code). So save that file if you don't want to do one-time code again.
    b) "Queues" directory holds your queues. "Settings" holds your settings. Keep those and backup "Queues" in case we hit a bug with the queue planner. Will save you from remaking them. I have extensively tested the queue functions but at some point I'll start adding stuff and things can go wrong heh.
    c) The contents of the "Cache" directory can be safely deleted at any time. It's HTML5 local storage/webicon database etc. (But not the directory itself. "Cache" has to exist. The code does not check for it and create it if it doesn't, yet. And Gateway fails without HTML5 Local Storage feature enabled).
    d) Every other file should be deleted and replaced with the new versions. (Usually only APBUltimate.exe will be different but if I recompile Qt and Webkit to pickup bugfixes the libraries will change too. So play safe and replace them always).
    Last edited by BaseN; 02-12-2014 at 09:27 AM.

APB Ultimate
    electropica's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you won't disappear after few updates like the other dev of the bot ! lol

alklas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice work
    waiting impatiently for a "first workable" queue version

qmancan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what I may be doing incorrectly but I cannot get this to work. It logs in, selects character, then goes to professions. Once on profession screen selects the first spot. Looks like everything is going fine pauses on task get an error bottom left 'Adding task timed out. Retrying!' and loops retrying forever. Never goes past that.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Edit: I am running version 0.1.6a
    Last edited by qmancan; 02-12-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add version info

Rhendanwan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup,have tried the latest version and it did pick up the first reward this time,but adding the new task still gets me "adding task timed out. retrying" just repeating without end

BaseN's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by electropica View Post
    I hope you won't disappear after few updates like the other dev of the bot ! lol
    Nope I won't. Although this is taking a lot of my time and will obviously take a lot more in the future. For this reason the download link has been moved to a blogspot so that I can have a donate button since that is not allowed here.

Originally Posted by alklas View Post
    nice work
    waiting impatiently for a "first workable" queue version
    Done! 0.1.7a includes that

Originally Posted by qmancan View Post
    Not sure what I may be doing incorrectly but I cannot get this to work. It logs in, selects character, then goes to professions. Once on profession screen selects the first spot. Looks like everything is going fine pauses on task get an error bottom left 'Adding task timed out. Retrying!' and loops retrying forever. Never goes past that.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Edit: I am running version 0.1.6a
    Originally Posted by Rhendanwan View Post
    yup,have tried the latest version and it did pick up the first reward this time,but adding the new task still gets me "adding task timed out. retrying" just repeating without end
    You both seem to have hit a very specific condition that I had fixed already for 0.1.7a before I read this. At least I hope that's it heh. Try it and let me know

Darxide23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaseN View Post
    Nope I won't. Although this is taking a lot of my time and will obviously take a lot more in the future. For this reason the download link has been moved to a blogspot so that I can have a donate button since that is not allowed here.
    All I can ask is that if you do decide to stop working on this that you release the source code so somebody can continue the work.

Fantastic job so far.

qmancan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick updates! Nice!

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue. The change I see is the bot will now stop with 'Stopped! Timeout while starting new task after Free'.

Thanks!

Mordenkainen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using 0.1.7a, stay stuck at the character selection, run out of timeout and stop.

Edit: tested with APBInfinte 0.4.5 & APB 1.5.0 and it work.
    Last edited by Mordenkainen; 02-12-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can be sure that if comes a situation that forces me to stop development on this, I will release the source under GPLv3 on a git repo.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qmancan View Post
    Thanks for the quick updates! Nice!

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue. The change I see is the bot will now stop with 'Stopped! Timeout while starting new task after Free'.
    It seems that the check for the slot status always returns the slot free. Can you answer any of these questions please:
    1) While it is timing out and retrying is the actual slot Free or does the task get added successfully but the bot thinks it has not and retries the same slot?
    2) Which particular slot and recipe is this happening on? Is it a specific recipe (as in do other recipes work but a particular one fails like this?)
    3) Do you currently have any big downloads or uploads bottlenecking your net connection? And can you connect normally to Gateway via a browser or does it seem lagging?

Originally Posted by Mordenkainen View Post
    Using 0.1.7a, stay stuck at the character selection, run out of timeout and stop.
    Can you repeat or it only happened once?

If you can repeat this:
    1) Do you currently have any big downloads or uploads bottlenecking your net connection? And can you connect normally to Gateway via a browser or does it seem lagging?
    2) Does your account name or the name of the first character have any non-english characters in them (accented etc).
    3) What is the exact message in the status bar when it is stopped.
    4) Did you make sure that you actually have a valid queue for the first character?

EDIT : I can not replicate any of these 2. I have 2 copies running for the past 3 hours non-stop with no failures. It is is something network specific (abnormal network condition causing timeout) or something very specific to how you've set it up.

EDIT: qmancan can you also tell me what mode is that particular slot running?

EDIT: As a first troubleshooting step try deleting the contents of "Cache", in case something in there got corrupted while getting dowloaded from the gateway.
    Last edited by BaseN; 02-12-2014 at 02:07 PM.

alklas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it possible to force english language directly ?
    i am in France, and login screen then choose character screen are in french, then i can change to english
    using apb infinite, i never had this issue.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about this as I was not aware of the translations at all. I will look to see how to set preffered language to english as the translations will certainly break the logic.. good catch!

There's also a bug with the First Possible mode. Fix coming right up.

alklas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is the french login screen :
    APB Ultimate-neverwinter1001-jpg

Darxide23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems with 1.7. Been chugging away for 4 hours now with two characters.

I think some of my earlier problems (and problems others are talking about) is coming from the Gateway being unreliable lately. If I try to load it manually, a lot of the time it just hangs at Loading. I have to refresh two or three times and it will finally start going again. It could just be that the Gateway itself is lagging which causes the bot to time out.

Do the settings for changing time out behavior function yet? If so, people should try setting the timeout higher than 5 and see if it helps at all.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast