0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Cryptic/PWE banning policy

Have any of you been banned for in-game botting in a Cryptic/PWE game, with the same Arc account as another Cryptic/PWE game? And, if so, did the banning only effect the game you were botting, or did it effect all games associated with that account?

Not trying to sound rude with this, but I'm not looking for opinions or trying to start a discussion on personal botting practices. If you don't have first-hand personal experience with the scenario presented above, please don't clutter it up with unneeded posts.
    Last edited by wyckedd3; 05-30-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Question about Cryptic/PWE banning policy
    frozenthorn's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a real lack of botting detection within their network of games, I've botted and or exploited in most of their games for years without being reprimanded at all. I know people have been banned for other things like duping and creating exploitative foundry maps in NW before they took a nerf to most of the reason for bots. Even then people were getting a 72hr ban, I don't actually know anyone perm banned in these Cryptic/PWE games.

A lot of what people would bot to sell in their games is bind on pickup now, or at-least bind on account so the botting is mostly to farm things like item enchant components, or too just get XP, either way they don't appear to have any meaningful way to deture that without breaking the game/economy further. With all that said, almost any MMO lets you report players/put in tickets about botters, so if you are reported enough in theroy you can get caught in any game, but I haven't had that experience.

wyckedd3's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess my massive wall of text was too long for any reasonable person to read. Please allow me repeat just a very small fragment of my huge original post:

"Not trying to sound rude with this, but I'm not looking for opinions or trying to start a discussion on personal botting practices. If you don't have first-hand personal experience with the scenario presented above, please don't clutter it up with unneeded posts."

I fully understand how these two sentences were easy to overlook in that novel I wrote. I totally need to learn to make my posts brief and to the point, to avoid such confusion.

mxnyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...........................................