Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pointer for Strenght under Ratings

Hello,

can somebody who knows CE very good, give me the pointer for the Strength under Ratings if you press C in the game?

Maybe i can give you something for this ;-)

I trying for about 2 hours with but i dont get it :-(

greetings,
    cor

Pointer for Strenght under Ratings
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very simple to do and there's tons of guides out there that would show you how. Spoonfeeding has never been a strong point in this community.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Unlitmoon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't that value be server sided, as in changing it in CE would only cause a client-sided visual modification, not actually yielding any benefit...?

corererr's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parog, why so rude?

This is very simple to do
    I found it with some tricks, they are harder to find than the "normal" things.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130523/gy36nwwv.png

Unfortunately it doesn't helped me for the exploit. I have only one exploited but max. capped damage buff instead a one-kill. But its better than nothing :-)

for example:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130523/2nohn9wl.png

i can upload tons of this screens... :O

crits are over 64.000 +
    normal damage over 5.000 +

Edit: I will post a dungeon screen when i get one - most of the time i have 50% more damage than the second one. (and i have bad gear...and no use of skills...)
    Last edited by corererr; 05-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.

mgb20092010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by corererr View Post
    Parog, why so rude?

Unfortunately it doesn't helped me for the exploit. I have only one exploited but max. capped damage buff instead a one-kill. But its better than nothing :-)

for example:

crits are over 64.000 +

Edit: I will post a dungeon screen when i get one - most of the time i have 50% more damage than the second one. (and i have bad gear...and no use of skills...)
    So it DOES raise your damage if you raise the strength value? Or what are you doing to raise your damage that much?

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by corererr View Post
    Parog, why so rude?

for example:

crits are over 64.000 +

Could you be a little more clear on what you have modified? The screen shots are nearly useless without any more information as to what they are.

Have you managed to directly modify the damage on your weapon, increase your stats directly, modify the stat of a buff that is giving you the enhanced damage....?

I initally assumed, due to the PvP screen shot, that you used CE to make the PvP buff (for being bellow max level in your PvP bracket) give you extra stats, but then you mentioned taking screen shots of a dungeon...

DavidGr's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm. That shouldn't work. I tried setting my stats to 30+. It worked, but no changes detected in game.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DavidGr View Post
    Umm. That shouldn't work. I tried setting my stats to 30+. It worked, but no changes detected in game.
    Yeah, I've been messing with different things as well with no luck. I can make any of the stats look higher, but they don't actually have any effect on my damage or anything. Tried increasing power, attack/healing stat, the +bonus that power gives in the attack/healing stat, etc... I assume all stats like that are server side, it wouldn't make sense for them to be client. Not sure what he could possibly be changing to give him increased damage, assuming that's actually what he's done and it's not a placebo affect of him not realizing the visual change actually didn't do anything and that he just does a lot better damage in PvP than his team mates. o.O

mmogfails's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing your base stats does not work. The problem with Neverwinter is that while a lot of things are client side, most are not.

So to take advantage of this, you need to find the things that compliment each other.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mmogfails View Post
    Changing your base stats does not work. The problem with Neverwinter is that while a lot of things are client side, most are not.

So to take advantage of this, you need to find the things that compliment each other.
    Sounds like the words of a man who knows something o.O =P

I'm obviously new to memory editing, but trying to learn.
    Let's say I find the address of something, a pointer. When I modify said address, it changes the game visually, but nothing is actually changed in the game. Does this immediately mean that the value is server sided and I should stop bothering? Or does this happen because it's only a pointer, so when the game asks for the value again and gets something different, it fixes itself? Aka, should I try to drill down to the base address before writing something off as server side, or should changing the initial address I find be sufficient to tell me? I don't fully understand how/why pointers work I think. My assumption: A pointer is essentially a shortcut, used as temporary modification before writing to the "real" location. If that's the case, wouldn't modifying the pointer be useless when there are several more layers of pointers underneath all with the actual value? ...

I've been messing around with action points, trying to see if they can be frozen at full, or re-filled manually once depleted. I can freeze it and it appears frozen visually in-game, but when I try to use a daily, it starts the animation and immediately stops and doesn't cast. It seems like the initial casting of it (Is AP at 1000? Yes > Cast the spell) is client sided, but the actual function/process of casting checks again, maybe from a different pointer (which holds the actual value of AP), causing it to abort...? If that is actually the case, then shouldn't drilling down to the base address (which would populate all of the pointers with the value we wish) and freezing that one work?

Would appreciate some evaluation of my thoughts on this so I know if/where I am wrong and can focus on learning more. Thanks!

yakahz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pointer is just info how to get needed value from ram, it is not magic thing that breaks game :P it is used just to find the needed address cuz they change everytime u rerun the application :P

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yakahz View Post
    pointer is just info how to get needed value from ram, it is not magic thing that breaks game :P it is used just to find the needed address cuz they change everytime u rerun the application :P
    :O Thanks for this amazingly useful post!!!
    ... If you had read my post at all you would know I have a least a little knowledge and don't think pointers are the magic fairy dust of game hacks. Shoo

ocnwo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unlitmoon View Post
    ... If you had read my post at all you would know I have a least a little knowledge and don't think pointers are the magic fairy dust of game hacks. Shoo
    That's definitely not the attitude to get more help here in this community.

You specifically said you're new to this, and even went on to claim you think you might not fully understand pointers.

Reading your post, I agree that you do not fully understand pointers.

yakahz gave you an initial answer to how pointers work, which I think is a valid answer, given how your above post makes it clear (at least to me) that you do not understand the similarities and differences between memory addresses and pointers.

ocnwo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unlitmoon View Post
    Let's say you have a corporation with a President, Vice President, and Treasurer.

The President's name is Joe Smith.

I want to mail a letter to the President.

I could make the envelope addressed to "Joe Smith" or I could make it addressed to "President".

Let's say Joe Smith dies and Jane Doe becomes President, but I don't know about this.

If I make my next letter addressed to "Joe Smith" it will be incorrect. If I make my next letter addressed to "President" it will be correct and Jane Doe will get my letter.

Pointers "point" to things that can change frequently (addresses). These addresses (in memory) can change their contents, they can change their location (literally, physically stored in a different set of transistors on the RAM chip in your computer), or they can change both.

If all these things keep changing, and you don't use pointers, then you'll have to search for them by address every time they change. Typically these things change too frequently to make this very usable, so, pointers are used.

If a pointer points to "HitPoints", then to read or edit the value of "HitPoints" you don't have to find the actual address each time - you simply use the pointer, which always knows where the real value of "HitPoints" is located so you don't have to.

Make sense?

yakahz's comment was trying to point out (no pun intended) that the pointer itself is not terribly special, but the *use* of pointers is, largely so you/we don't have to keep manually finding things that change very frequently.