0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Exp in Scaling Dungeons

Firstly, I'd like to give credit to my guild, [Slayers] on Deathwhisper. Theyve given me a ton of help since I've been there and I can't wait to hit 80 and start melting faces with them.

As you may or may not know, there are several dungeons in the resource zones; Imirian Ravine in Potain, Oasis in Purple Lotus Swamp, and Frost Swamp in Lacheish Plains. These dungeons are 'scaling', meaning that the mobs inside increase in level based on the level of the first party member to enter the instance.

What you need:
    -A level 40 character (minimum level is 40, but this character needs to be as low as possible, to make the mobs incredibly easy.)
    -Depending on your level, you may need a group. At 70, two guildies and myself tore the bosses to shreds without any problems.
    -4 open spots in your quest log

First, the low level character needs to enter the instance. This sets all of the mobs inside to his difficulty/level. Depending on how high your other characters are, you should be able to walk straight to each boss and quest objective without pulling any aggro. You may pull add(s) on the bosses, but being 20-30 levels lower than you, they wont be a problem. After completing the instance, quests should be on a 6 hour cooldown, although they seem to be broken at the moment.

How this works is that the dungeon scales to the first members level, but the quests scale to the individual player level. At 71, doing Imirian Ravine netted me about a third of a full level and took maybe 15 minutes. Next time I go through each, I will start making a walkthrough for each and document the time/exp at my level(s).

Easy Exp in Scaling Dungeons
    PublicEnemy219's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres a cooldown, cant really farm it

Seraphant's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you can't. You can however do all 3 instances, then move on to the usual farming spots, villas, or whatever you can do, depending on group availability.

Lifestream's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old news to me.
    You could do that in the closed Beta from September 07 to ALMOST Early Access

No Reps, sorry