Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh the original author didn't credit this site because he didn't take anything from here. He got all his base code off gamedev (sad, but you can find the posts he mentions and they DO have it), and he does credit the people involved with all of that.

He probably should have looked here first though, the 2 or 3 versions out now are rather primitive

Roffle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha nice, good find!

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ct_bored View Post
    Eh the original author didn't credit this site because he didn't take anything from here. He got all his base code off gamedev (sad, but you can find the posts he mentions and they DO have it), and he does credit the people involved with all of that.

He probably should have looked here first though, the 2 or 3 versions out now are rather primitive
    im not saying he took anything from here... I said that the site where I found this on steals a lot of our posts and doesnt put credits... and no it wasnt found on gamedev...

Hacker214's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if i could rep i would, thats awesome man

Padwen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome work

which site is this u got it from? LoL

ct_bored's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    im not saying he took anything from here... I said that the site where I found this on steals a lot of our posts and doesnt put credits... and no it wasnt found on gamedev...
    I didn't mean you found the mod on gamedev... I'm sure it's posted all over, I got it straight from the author's site. I meant the mod author got his base code from gamedev, and says as much. If we really care, I can get you the link to the post/dl, but it's not exactly interesting

Anyway, wasn't trying to hijack the thread with a discussion of origins. Thanks for posting this one, hope it'll get more fleshed out over time.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ct_bored View Post
    I didn't mean you found the mod on gamedev... I'm sure it's posted all over, I got it straight from the author's site. I meant the mod author got his base code from gamedev, and says as much. If we really care, I can get you the link to the post/dl, but it's not exactly interesting

Anyway, wasn't trying to hijack the thread with a discussion of origins. Thanks for posting this one, hope it'll get more fleshed out over time.
    if u find more edits or the likes that we dont have here, then by all means post them u will be given rep for it and reach contrib fast then u will enjoy the best part of mmowned where the community is really knotted together "the shoutbox" and access to the contributors section of the forum.

Brandaho's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool so is there one for the males? To complete the set of course.

saevic's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually have in my possession an updated version of this by a different author. There are many changes in this new version:
    Windows Vista will automatically ask you to elevate privileges when installing/uninstalling the mod
    Certain armors that broke the mod will no longer do so
    A few more NPC's are now in the filter
    You can now reload the filter file in-game by pressing F8
    Unmodified male textures are now included, you can find them in the texture folder

I also replaced the female nude textures with new ones but I did not create the new textures myself; I merely found them and put them as they are more realistic. The changes made were:
    The addition of a gluteal cleft (butt crack) shadowing for a visible butt cleavage under all lighting conditions
    Increased areola contrast and nipple highlights
    A new nude succubus skin

This new version can be run in any folder. However, if for some reason you receive an error that says WINMM.dll can not be found the only thing that worked, at least for me, was to move AoCNude.exe and the Data folder to my Windows\System32 folder. It tends to only happen with users that are running Windows Vista.

To install the mod:
    Run AoCNude.exe
    Once you see the Completed text hit Enter at any time to close the application
    Run Age of Conan as you normally would

To uninstall the mod:
    Run AoCNude.exe again
    Once you see the Mod Removed text hit Enter at any time to close the application
    Run Age of Conan as you normally would

Download Link

NOTE: The texture files are in DDS format. If you use Photoshop there is a plug-in available from NVIDIA that will allow you to edit them here.
    Last edited by saevic; 07-04-2008 at 03:36 PM.

HolyBeast's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kurios dont bother yourself fighting with a leacher.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beastreality View Post
    Im not fighting with a leecher, he merely pointed something out to me and was being helpfull

Thank you for the update saevic, added it to the original post and +15 reputation to you

saevic's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beastreality View Post
    So much hostility... it's okay I forgive you.

Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    Im not fighting with a leecher, he merely pointed something out to me and was being helpfull

Thank you for the update saevic, added it to the original post and +15 reputation to you
    Thank you very much!

A bit of an update here from my end. In the Filters directory there is a text file named Default.txt. It is here where you can add certain textures and tell the game engine to remove them and here is what you need to do to find the numbers for the textures themselves.

NOTE: You will need to have a copy of 3D Studio Max 2008 or below.

First, you will need to download and install 3D Ripper DX. When you install the program be sure to not only check the check-box for the version of 3DS Max you have but also fill out the text box below it with its install path otherwise the plug-in you need to import the files 3D Ripper DX makes into 3DS Max will not be installed. Basically what this program does is it captures all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during a single frame.

Once you have 3D Ripper DX installed boot it up. Make sure the check-boxes on the right side of the interface are unchecked. If you are running Windows XP enable global system monitoring. This makes the program hook itself into every launched application. Once you are in-game you can press the F12 key to capture the frame. If you are using Windows Vista (like myself), things can get a little frustrating because global system monitoring will not work. You will first have to visit ConanMods and download the Age of Conan Quick Start program. Once you have installed AOC Quick Start run it and make sure the check-box next to "Enable Age of Conan Quick Start" is checked, click okay. Now you can go back to 3D Ripper DX. At the top of the interface you will see where it says "Please select DirectX 9 application to analyze." Here you will need to point the program to the location of your AgeOfConan.exe. Once you have done that, click the launch button. Once you get in game it works the same as users that have Windows XP, simply press the F12 key to capture the frame.

Okay, now that you have captured a frame, what do you do with it? Once you have captured a frame open up 3D Studio Max and go to File -> Import. In the file type drop down box select the .3DR option (if it's not there the plug-in I mentioned earlier didn't get installed) and browse to the location of your Frames folder. You can find it's location by looking at the 3D Ripper DX interface. If you havn't changed the defaults it will be in your My Documents -> 3D Ripper DX folder. Hit okay to import the program, 3DS Max will do it's thing and then you will be able to navigate in 3D the frame that you captured.

What type of frames should you capture to get texture information that can be used with the mod? Well the main thing is make sure you are close to the NPC you want to remove the clothing for and are facing it. Once you have captured the frame and have imported it into 3DS Max navigate the scene and get to where you were standing. You will have to figure out how to navigate around 3DS Max by trial and error and believe me you will be glad you did. Find the piece of clothing you are looking to remove and with the Select tool click it. Go to Edit -> Object Properties -> User Defined and find the numVertices and primCount values. Once you have them open up the Default.txt file in the mods data directory and make a new line like so:

numVertices primCount 0 0

making sure to replace the variables above with the numbers you just got. Load up the mod and you'll find that piece of clothing has been removed. Windows Vista users make sure to disable Age of Conan Quick Start first otherwise Age of Conan will crash.

Sometimes after you remove a certain texture you will notice the NPC now has a hole in their chest. If this is the case you will also need to do a model replacement. To get the numbers for the model you are looking to replace it is the exact same process as the one you just followed to get the ones for individual textures. When you add the line to the Default.txt file to replace it make sure to follow the same format used for Tina, Alyssa, or Zelata.

NOTE: I have noticed that some NPC's share clothing, as in you remove one NPC's top and it affects multiple NPC's. I have also noticed that some textures are linked, as in when you open the .3DR file in 3DS Max it appears the NPC isn't wearing anything, the easiest way to get around this is to continue capturing frames with that particular class of NPC in them such as: Scholar, Noblewoman, Courtesan, etc. eventually the piece of clothing will turn up. This is not to be confused however with clothing that for some reason is drawn in 3DS Max below or off to the side of the NPC in question. I am working on a new Default.txt file for Old Tarantia but it is going to take some time due to a lack of time on my part and the fact that I am on Vista.

Happy number hunting!
    Last edited by saevic; 07-08-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added the note at the bottom

myself123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol nice, thanks :P

Blubeard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *cough*This thread could totally use some more screeny's*cough*
    just to...erm... check for possible faults, it being for an other site etc....
    6):

anyway epic find

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast