[Discussion] Would there be any cheats transferrable from WoW private realms? menu

User Tag List

tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Discussion] Would there be any cheats transferrable from WoW private realms?

Talking about stuff like buying one item and getting another, equipping items in the wrong slots and stuff like that?

I must admit that in the recent days after discovering how badly secured WAR is against hacks a lot of diffrent things is flying around my head. I know people have been banned for doing stuff like trading tokens and nodrops in general (and getting caught) so just randomly guessing that there might be a shitload of diffrent things that you can still do.

Im just imagining the possibiltiy of equipping say rings in the pocket items, trophy slots, offhand slots and similar things.

[Discussion] Would there be any cheats transferrable from WoW private realms?
    EasyModeBW's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be really interested if the game can be tricked into giving you one item, while you try to buy another.

ie, buy someone at the LoTD vendor for a few scarabs and you can get a piece of Tyrant instead.

Matis02's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With wow item swapping, you pay for the item you swapped not the item you buy from the vendor. e.g. 1 copper item and you want an epic that costs 12 gold. you will pay the 12 gold and not the 1 copper. It will be the same in war.

tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but if you could manage it you mgiht end up paying gold costs instead of token costs.

HansW's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you can trick the server into giving you an IWin button that works in pvp ? neither of you seems to have a clue what you are talking about. What would you like to discuss here ? The things going around in your head are nothing new, so what should other have to contribute here ? You can go all day imagineing uber hacky tricks, but what for ? If you could manage to hack the game like that, you would not be talking about it in public ( if you're not braindead ).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play a BW. I already have several Iwin buttons. And no, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just chimed on someone elses idea that seemed interesting to me. Before a few days ago, flying around and soloing bosses in LV was not even in my mind. But here I am doing it now thanks to some guys that have done the footwork, thankfully for me. I'll just refrain from contributing in others posts in the future -- thanks for the heads-up.
    Last edited by EasyModeBW; 08-06-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Matis02's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let them dream away...

asayama10's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hans and other dev types,

Any recommendations/pointers on extending what is happening with the hackpack/dll combo? I ask because the client-side issue I pointed out seemed to be news, which means there may be other ways of accessing certain kinds of data and doing fun things. I saw the Player Pointers in the other thread, but with no source or even method list to the dll it makes it tough to go further. Would you be able to provide some thoughts or guidance on things to look at, what you did to get certain pieces of info, etc?

I'm a dev, but the low level mem/address manipulation material is not my strong point. Good with UI design (winform/wpf/etc).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EasyModeBW View Post
    I play a BW. I already have several Iwin buttons. And no, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just chimed on someone elses idea that seemed interesting to me. Before a few days ago, flying around and soloing bosses in LV was not even in my mind. But here I am doing it now thanks to some guys that have done the footwork, thankfully for me. I'll just refrain from contributing in others posts in the future -- thanks for the heads-up.
    if all you have to say is the obvious, don't bother to post. no matter where. I'am sure 95% of the people here are interested in this, yet nobody did post it here. So if you call that contributing, please refrain from doing so. its a waste of bytes and bandwidth. As for the heads-up, anytime and you're welcome

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HansW View Post
    if all you have to say is the obvious, don't bother to post. no matter where. I'am sure 95% of the people here are interested in this, yet nobody did post it here. So if you call that contributing, please refrain from doing so. its a waste of bytes and bandwidth. As for the heads-up, anytime and you're welcome
    Can we make this a sticky somewhere? Or perhaps we can have a moderator approve other peoples posts as "good ideas" before anyone else can post a reply.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EasyModeBW View Post
    Can we make this a sticky somewhere? Or perhaps we can have a moderator approve other peoples posts as "good ideas" before anyone else can post a reply.
    i know alot of places where you should make this stick, but i'am sure you won't like it. For everything else, you can ask merfed, he's the moderator for this section.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HansW View Post
    i know alot of places where you should make this stick, but i'am sure you won't like it. For everything else, you can ask merfed, he's the moderator for this section.
    If all you have to say is the obvious, eh? :wave:

dwau's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You realize the person you're arguing with is the one who makes the .dll you inject to solo LV?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dwau View Post
    You realize the person you're arguing with is the one who makes the .dll you inject to solo LV?
    I'm fully aware of that. And as such, I'll be donating to support him. However, that does not mean I cannot disagree with him, nor does that mean I don't think it's detrimental to the community to gun down not only people with ideas ( however far fetched they may or may not be ) -- but especially people who simply chime into said threads to say "Hey, good idea -- wonder if it would work."