0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Phale,

i had some time today and im willing to help you with your project (if you want some help.. :wave: ).I actually started to brainstorm abit how to implement Different Spell Types correctly.

I created a Mindmap with all kind of SpellTypes i could think of and my next step would be to create ways to implement them logically.. This is as far as my work can go right now because i cannot code it in Lua ( i could in C++ for example )

It is somehow like knowing what you want to say (logic behind the code) but you dont have a mouth to speak (Lua knowledge).

If you want i could start to think about ways to implement tomorrow!

Some work in progress...

I will start with lua tomorrow and i will try to understand your code.. shouldnt be too difficult with C++ knowledge but will definatly take some time to get the hang of it..

So do you want some Feedback/Help ? Should i try to find ways to implement all this stuff logically ?

Have a nice day,

Greets Pipov381

Zeabot
    TheDipper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great Pipov, I think Pharmer would definitely appreciate you trying to figure it out.

PharmerPhale's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Pipov381. I will refer to that tonight as I work on Zeabot. Also, you're more than welcome to change whatever code you want and post it here for people to try.

Thanks. =D
    From admin: Buy advertising if you wish to advertise

Grixal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using this today and the only thing I noticed that was off is the targetting. It works for targetting, but switched between targets very quickly, and it was not the closest all the time. Had enemy next to me but was on a target that was much further away.

Is there a way to 'lock' to the closest target?

I tried to look thru the lua and am unable to identify where the target is being selected. I am willing to take a shot at modifying this myself once I know where the targetting occurs.

dnl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phale, we were talking about the RF stuff on irc and you suddenly left so I was talking to myself =) and so I thought I'd post it here to make sure you read it.

Well anyways what I said was what I do:

First I check if GetAbilityData(aID).abilityCost returns a negative value, if it does, it means that the ability needs RF.
    Then I multiply it by -1 and I got the cost. If it's not negative I use GetAbilityActionPointCost(aID) to get the AP cost.
    This probably works for the DoK version of RF as well.

The stupid thing is that GetAbilityData(aID).abilityCost won't return positive values and
    GetAbilityActionPointCost(aID) won't return negative values, so you have to use them both, as far as I know anyways.

Also Pipov381, nice work.
    Last edited by dnl; 07-30-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback Grixal, I really appreciate it.

Currently, you will always target an entity (be it npc/player, hostile, or friendly) that has the lowest health. It's built this way so that healers can heal the lowest, and dps can get enimies out of the way.

This is basic combat logic, and I'm constantly thinking of ways to improve it. For example, imagine yourself in a scenario, it's you (dps for this example) and a healer vs another healer and a tank. All of them at full health except the tank who has 98%. Zeabot will attack the tank, which is obviously silly.

My point is that the target selection needs work, so just bear with me as I hammer away at the code. It wouldn't be much of a challenge to make algorithms that make your character *think* and fight as best as possible, unfortunatly, I know atleast my own computer couldn't handle that kind of processing load.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dnl View Post
    Phale, we were talking about the RF crap on irc
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. As you know I'm at work and I'm a security guard. When something happens on or around the site I gotta drop everything and deal with it.

Thanks for the information on thise - I will be exploring a couple of things tonight in regards to supporting more ability types, yours included. The others are support for pets, engineer turrets, and build-up type abilities. Also, I'll be adding more options for group/warband/etc filter healing/buffing. There's more, I just don't remember right at this second. :wave:

Matis02's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phale,

Iv messed around with the bot for about a day now and i gotta say, its a clean and easy bot to use, you've done well.

Side note, my bot targets more then 1 enemy at a time, is it possible to implement a choice on how many targets its allowed to pull.

Ill post more later.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PharmerPhale View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. As you know I'm at work and I'm a security guard. When something happens on or around the site I gotta drop everything and deal with it.

Thanks for the information on thise - I will be exploring a couple of things tonight in regards to supporting more ability types, yours included. The others are support for pets, engineer turrets, and build-up type abilities. Also, I'll be adding more options for group/warband/etc filter healing/buffing. There's more, I just don't remember right at this second. :wave:

Ooo, I was thinking of getting into that field myself, are you armed or unarmed? What do you guard?

Sorry for going off topic :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback and +Rep Walshie. I'm happy to see you finding it so easy to use, half of the time spent on it went into the custom interface. Your sig says you're a scripter so you can understand that us coders are great at functionality and usualy crap when it comes to making things look and feel good.

There's a couple of target issues I'm dealing with at the moment. The first is the spam targetting during combat (especialy rvr). The second is that if you are using an instant cast DoT to pull with, or your first attack is disrupted, it sometimes takes a moment for zeabot to see that you already pulled something so it ends up pulling 2-3 more. Should be an easy fix but if these two examples aren't what you're experiencing, let me know.

EDIT: Dipper, I'm and unarmed stationary security guard. Most days I'm at a construction site that has been slapped with a no-work order for 2 years. I walk the building once per hour and the rest of the time I'm sittin' in my campervan. If you live in Canada I can tell you more, otherwise you'll have to research online what you need to do to get into the field.
    Last edited by PharmerPhale; 07-29-2009 at 10:39 PM.

dnl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude.
    Yeah it's cool, I know. Didn't mean you were being rude either, just wanted to make sure you got the info, so you saved some time Anyways for the pet info, I had a way to get lots of the info, it was from some huge table with lots of info about the player too, I think, but I lost the code and forgot how I got the info, so if you do find a good way, please do tell >.< Also looking forward to the group healing stuff.

I've been so busy with work and others stuff that I haven't had time to work on the things I wanted to so it's great to see that you're doing it all lol.

Oh yeah and CareerResourceData:GetCurrent() is your current RF and any other career resource, should be useful if you didn't already have it.
    Last edited by dnl; 07-29-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dnl View Post
    Yeah it's cool, I know. Didn't mean you were being rude either, just wanted to make sure you got the info, so you saved some time Anyways for the pet info, I had a way to get lots of the info, it was from some huge table with lots of info about the player too, I think, but I lost the code and forgot how I got the info, so if you do find a good way, please do tell >.<
    Yeah, for sure. Most of the info is available. I just havn't messed around with it yet.
    Note: Your pet is a friendly npc type entity so the same kind of data you would get from any other npc is available in the entity list.
    Code:
    GameData.Player.Pet = 
    	{
    		healthPercent = 0,
    		conType = 0,
    		movement = 0,
    		name = L"",
    		tier = 0,
    		Target = 
    		{
    			type = 0,
    			name = L"",
    			tier = 0,
    			level = 0,
    			healthPercent = 0,
    			conType = 0,
    		},
    		level = 0,
    		objNum = 0,
    		stance = 0,
    	},

dnl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, for sure. Most of the info is available. I just havn't messed around with it yet.
    Note: Your pet is a friendly npc type entity so the same kind of data you would get from any other npc is available in the entity list.
    That's the one thanks
    Edit: Sorry for filling up your thread >.<
    Last edited by dnl; 07-29-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Dipper, I'm and unarmed stationary security guard. Most days I'm at a construction site that has been slapped with a no-work order for 2 years. I walk the building once per hour and the rest of the time I'm sittin' in my campervan. If you live in Canada I can tell you more, otherwise you'll have to research online what you need to do to get into the field.
    Sounds like quite the job, I've always been a fan of rediculously easy jobs, levels of danger aside. My dad was US air force security, he guarded a site in Alaska that had/has super high clearance levels, he's not actually allowed to talk about it yet. His brother guarded a bunker filled with explosives.

I'm not in Canada, but here it's a mere 24 hour course spread out over 2 days, and the jobs are -everywhere-. It's another 36 hours over a weekend to get qualified to be armed, and armed guards can easily make $50/hour around here.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheDipper View Post
    It's another 36 hours over a weekend to get qualified to be armed, and armed guards can easily make $50/hour around here.
    2 problems with carrying guns. First, if you've got a gun then chances are you're protecting something that criminals would love to have. Second, if you have a gun and are protecting previously mentioned goods, you're gonna be the first guy shot at.

I make peanuts but I get to do what I want for 12 hours and in the 2 years I've been doing this I havn't had a single problem.

Anyways, back to working on Zeabot for a bit. I'll check back on the forums later.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast