Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a good reverse engineering guide. Or a mentor.

These forums seem pretty dead lately, so I don't know if I'll get a response.

I've found that I really enjoy reverse engineering games... but I'm still VERY new to it. I've been able to make some headway using posts in this forum (Kamikaze and JuJuBoSc in particular have had LOTS of great info), but I'd like to get to the point that, were I to sit down with a game entirely on my own, I'd be able to find the class structures, etc.

That said, I'm looking for help, in the form of recommendations for tools, tutorials, guides, or better yet, someone willing to mentor me a bit and let me bounce questions off of them. I'm currently using IDA Standard, which is incredibly powerful, but maybe a bit too advanced for me at this point. I've seen mention of ReClass, but haven't been able to get a version of it running under Win7 (I found the original ReClass 2011, as well as ReClass 64. both just load a black screen.)

I've also seen mention of ClassInformer, which supposedly does what ReClass does, but there's clearly an operator issue there - it runs fine, but I can't interpret the results.

To start off, I've been able to find gravity, run speed, a working XYZ, Zoom, and endurance. I've also found (thanks to Kamikaze) the Character and Player arrays. My next task will be to try to reverse engineer those, with a goal of simply enumerating the names of all NPCs and Players that the game client knows about.

Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Looking for a good reverse engineering guide.  Or a mentor.