How i made 300 gold & 70,000 gems -- Trading Post (1g startup - not too time intensiv menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    diablohack72's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How i made 300 gold & 70,000 gems -- Trading Post (1g startup - not too time intensiv

I started with just 1 gold. And i focused on green quality gear.Armor mostly. This is basically how i "flipped" items.

Start by choosing a level range- the 30's work very well for this. Set the filter to only bring up green quality items, and hit search. Now - organize items by the highest value. Usually these will be between 10-15s each, can go up to 25s+

Once organized- go through every item and put in a buy order of 2-3 of them-- always do the custom buy order price. Usually i can get items for 1s, sometimes 1s50c exetra.

You can spend a good hour just putting in buy orders - i have put in over 1000 buy orders in a 24 hour period (taking 3 hours or so to put all the buy orders in) -- Items that are really nice for this are those that have 0 buy orders currently in. I tend to put buy orders at different prices so when people browse it doesn't show 48 orders by 1 person - and makes it less likely others will start doing this. ((that was before i chose to write this guide))

You will quickly see items start to fill up for pickup. Remember - the trading post is region wide - it's extremely active - and the lower level range is where many players currently are - which is why 30s and 40s work so well.

Every few hours - pick up the items from the trade post and repost them at 1c less than the lowest seller. Don't undercut by more than 1c- there is no point, people can't choose the seller, only the lowest seller price.

You will notice items are actually selling at the 5-10-15s marks. Sometimes even 20-30s.

Typically i can have 200-400 sell orders and roughly the same buy orders going at a time. Once a day or so i may cancel all buy orders and start to put new ones in.

Tips:
    1. Don't put in bulk buy orders on any item - it will not help your cause.
    2. When you're re-listing an item, check how many other buy orders are on it. IF you see an item with 0 buy orders, you are selling 0 of it - that means you have listed this item before and it sold - and no competition at the moment. Put 5+ buy orders on it, at different prices.
    3. You can cancel your buy orders from the my transaction screen- but sell orders will cost you the 5% cost of listing. - cancel sell orders that are not being fulfilled once every 24-48 hours.
    4. You don't ALWAYS have to have the lowest cost. If there is 1 seller selling at 4s, and the next 20 are at 18s, list yours at 17.99 -- that 4s will sell (don't bother buying it yourself) - and then yours will be next up.
    5. Armor tends to work better than weapons. Experiment - avoid the super high end (exotics) - mind you, i have been able to flip exotics i buy for 3g for 9g - but often times the markup (as you can see) is not as large, the risk is higher - and the TP cut can really get into your way especially if you see fit to re-list and lose the 5%.
    6. Have a lot of bag space - it helps tremendously.
    7. If you see an item with 50 buy orders - put in buy orders in front of them in 1c increments simply to hide their order. It will make it so *some* sellers don't see "oh hey buying bulk and selling is a good idea".
    8. Don't mystic forge the items up. The results will likely be one of those crap items that only sell for 1c more than vendor price.
    9. Set items do well in the 30 range. The shadowfang stuff (or something like that) - medium armor set alone has made me a big chunk of gold.
    10. Stick to armor- commodities are traded for tiny profits too often and as such the amount of arbitrage you will find is negligible.

EDIT: Extra Tips:
    11. If you can find your own niche / market - more power to you (be it a level range you focus on or item type) -- may help battle any competition.

Ill likely remember other tips when i get back to doing this later. These are just a few things i picked up as i was going along. Good luck/enjoy the cash. It's not unusual to make roughly 3-15g an hour. ((By this i mean, if you spend 4 hours putting buy orders, then 4 hours putting sale orders later.. that trip will likely net you 50-70g over the next day or so, rather than hour by hour.))

Good luck-- please post your success stories/questions/ your own tips as you go along with this!

TY to the mighty 9 who enjoyed/repped this!
    Last edited by diablohack72; 03-21-2013 at 03:41 PM.

How i made 300 gold & 70,000 gems -- Trading Post (1g startup - not too time intensiv
    somaliasky's Avatar Contributor From NYC, USA Trader
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    196 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that this technique will work. I did similar things with other items for first few days, and i got up from 80s to 50g+. But you get super boring after awhile. And gold price is dropping crazy now, so unless you don't get paid well doing normal job, it`s not worth it.

pqs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +4 rep. will see how it goes

Insanico's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent guide, started trying it out.. i can see the benefit thanks again..

syther's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright, will test this out tomorrow, when the tp is more active, since it's kinda late at the moment. Will report back

Dashdeer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of curious, most of the items i'm coming across have like 20 buy orders now.. and there all about half of what the sell price is. For instance if an item is 20 silver sell price, I'm seeing alot of buy orders for 10s. Should I only put 1-1.50s for these? or should I try to be the highest buyer?

darkdroz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful, Crafters cna easily manipulate this market. Creating the demand and supply - Stay away form crafted item for the most part. (

darkbluefirefly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darkdroz View Post
    Be careful, Crafters cna easily manipulate this market. Creating the demand and supply - Stay away form crafted item for the most part. (
    It's true, I haven't gotten success like OP but some of my guild mates, start their orders 1-2 hours before peek time, then sell it as the items come in, they stay near the NPC for TP pickup. That way they know what they will re-flip for.

Mumulica's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oldies but goldies +rep

Thrillseeker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thanks for ruining it for everyone...

pauk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Thrillseeker View Post
    Well thanks for ruining it for everyone...
    and thats why you got the title leecher

thanks for the guide, trying it out as we type

darkdroz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll reiterate - Be very careful of anything crafted or even similar stats.

Since this post I've seen a 28% increase in my hourly gold income. I'm rich enough so I'll tell you guys. I have been crafting items and posting them on sell order. I than crate my own buy orders for +15% crafting cost. Than I wait for people to beat my own buy orders - at which point I unload all my crafted items on them and make a pretty profit.

Be aware - don't blindly flip items.

kindbudz's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    15/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darkdroz View Post
    I'll reiterate - Be very careful of anything crafted or even similar stats.

Since this post I've seen a 28% increase in my hourly gold income. I'm rich enough so I'll tell you guys. I have been crafting items and posting them on sell order. I than crate my own buy orders for +15% crafting cost. Than I wait for people to beat my own buy orders - at which point I unload all my crafted items on them and make a pretty profit.

Be aware - don't blindly flip items.
    this works until you hit a point where your buy orders are filling but nobody is beating them - then you're doubly out. or this scenario happens rarely?

Netzgeist's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense but this is just asking for to be scammed. i can easily switch any greenie item price from 2s to 10s, then just lurk for all the greedies to order for 5s and dump my wasteless stocks.
    regards,
    NG

Themistake's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the guide. As a fresh 80, I've had a hard time finding trinkets, so I've been investing, and making money flipping them. Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast