Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Fishing Game] World of Fishing Released (May 2016)

Okay, so since I played a few fishing games that have either been cancelled by the developer or are just plain crappy, I have been watching for this game for a little bit now.

I looked before and it said it would come out in May, and voila, it is out today.

So I downloaded it and I will keep this post as a placeholder for my review of it, as well as possibly any AutoIt scripts I make for it if need be or possible.

**** UPDATE #3: May 6, 2016 (Added Video Review)
    **** UPDATE #2: May 5, 2016 (Map and Fish Information)

****Update #1: May 2, 2016

Selling Points
    • Multiplayer Tournaments
    • You can actually SEE the other players in the world as you travel in your boat
    • You can see the fish of your competition being hauled up instead of an empty line animation for catching the fish
    • You can upgrade your reel/tackle
    • You can upgrade your boat
    • You can customize your boat (color/name it looks like so far)
    • There are game master events in game
    • There is a leader board for fish sizes

After Playing from Level 1 to 2 and getting the feel of how the actual game-play works to that point, and the interface, I will write a completely knowledgeable review, interleaving points of reference between real-life fishing and this game... of course I am joking, but I am going to give a review anyway to the best of my ability, as well as a video on it (It's long).

TL;DR Points if you don't want to read the whole post

• Game is Windowed Mode out of the box
    • Menu's need work as well as English translations/wording in quite a few places.
    • Main languages supported by the game appears to be German and then English. (German developer -> Translation to English)
    • The Leader Boards are awesome.
    • Not sure how tournaments work yet, but the room situation makes tournaments 8 person team maximum potential.
    • Fishing is actually quite fun, and the mini-game isn't complicated, but rather something a child could get used to doing.

Fishing System

The important part about fishing games is the actual fishing system. In this game, there are a few normal features, but the "RPG" element of it is pretty neat. So in an RPG you have an ability that does something to a mob. In this game, your "Swing" of your rod is your ability. Holding left mouse button and flicking the mouse while reeling will "swing" at the fish and take off a chunk of the fishes energy but costs some of your players stamina to do so.

My player had around 10,000 stamina to spend, and after swinging a few times I was unable to do it anymore. This makes the stats seem pretty important, but I will go into the stats later on.

There is a line-tension system in the game, so you can snap your line apparently but also there is a sweet spot between two arrows that lets you reduce the fishes energy fairly fast. This is accomplished like normal, by timing holding down the left mouse button, and releasing before it goes above. Doing this in conjunction with the "swing" ability, seems to take off more energy from the fish if the swing occurs while it is inside the two areas. Appears, not confirmed, but it would make sense.

Fishing Stats

There are 3 Stats:
    • Str.
    • Conc.
    • End.

Did I mention that the English wording needs some work? This is one of the areas. Each one has an ability or bonus type of system attached. Increase one stat, makes your character do something better in the game. For example, the End. must stand for "Endurance" as it increases your stamina recovery.

You get 10 points to put into stats over all, and each stat starts at 50. I chose to do 5 in Conc. and End. but I later found out exactly how Str. works.

Strength stat will basically increase the "stun" ability which is applied to the fish when you successfully swing your pole as you are reeling in a fish. I found that I could Swing outside of the sweet spot I mentioned before and it just took of energy, but when I did a Swing inside the sweet spot, I would apply a "stun" which allowed the fish to be reeled in faster than if it was fighting, for a certain amount of time (1.5seconds each Stun). I don't know if it's additive or it just replaces the existing Stun timer, but if it is additive, it would be really handy and in your best interest to try to chain stun them based on your stamina recovery. (possible strat).

Map and Fish Information

I didn't realize what this head was in my inventory, until I right clicked on it at the dock. It apparently is an equipment piece (a navigator). So now I have a person in my boat with me (npc but still), and they give you stats. Make sure you use it.

When fishing I found the (M)ap button and discovered that you can bookmark locations so you don't have to manually cruise out to a spot. If you have fished a spot so much that you have caught one of every fish in the area (you have a green checkmark beside all of the fish in the list) then you can bookmark that location. When you do this, you can click the bookmark label on the map, and your navigator will auto-drive to that location for you, or you can teleport to it if you have a ticket to do so.

Upgrade System

[ Update Coming when I can actually upgrade some items ]

Tournaments

[ Update Coming when I figure out how to take part in a tournament ]

Teams

So far, the team situation looks to be like so. You can join a public room and make a team with a member in the room by adding them to a group. I do not know if you get any bonus' to XP for doing this, or if you split the fish sales. But there is a maximum of 8 people per room, so it is totally feasible to have four two-person teams going head to head in a single room. Kind of interesting in itself. It wouldn't be run by the server, it would be a user-monitored and created 'event' of sorts. Kind of interesting.

Rooms

So the rooms in this game are like Lobbies of 8 people max. You can also password a room and have private events. I can see this being important for player run tournaments. There is a mail system, so it is quite possible you could have some sort of tournament gambling system in place.

Video [ Watch It Now ]

This is a 06:12 minute review of the game that I edited out of a 1 1/2 hour leveling session to go from 5 to 10. It is not monetized because I am nice. I also have a set on my YouTube channel, where I through 4 different aspects, but they are in somewhat larger chunks (I think the 4th is 11 minutes long). If you so choose to: The playlist is [ Here ]

An interesting note, the game is not recognized as a "Game Capture" source in OBS. I had to capture it in "Window Capture". Other games allow me to use Game Capture as a source for the game without being in Full Screen Mode, unsure why this one does not.
    Last edited by Veritable; 05-06-2016 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Added Video Links

[Fishing Game] World of Fishing Released (May 2016)
    zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL ya, no I have been looking for more of a non-10 year old game. Fishing Simulator had amazing graphics, but fell flat in so many areas to me. I love a lot of the aspects of the Bass Pro series games and Rapala games on the Wii, but there was no multiplayer.