Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honest Opinion....Could I be banned for buying gold?

I bought gold and want to buy more gold in ESO from *random site* and I specified to not make it obvious and they sent me a mail in game with the gold attached with hi in the title....the first time. Which was fine. The second time they sent me a coupon for their website and info about buying gold in the message...fml I don't wanna be banned for this.

I love this game...help please

Also *random site* says they farm it manually and there's no ban risk.

*Sorry about the site name*
    Last edited by Mehrune117; 04-01-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Honest Opinion....Could I be banned for buying gold?
    Viscosity's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No opinion needed. Below is fact

You ask,
    CAN you get banned for buying gold

as per terms of service, answer is YES

Hope that was sufficient answer.

grigore's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fail attempt at promoting your website.

Mehrune117's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't promoting anything lol saw that site via in game spam, and also are people going to be banned for this?

Thanks

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The risk isn't from how the gold is gotten, it's about the trade itself. If an account mails thousands of gold several times a day without getting anything worth it back, it's probably a gold seller, and the people getting the money are probably gold buyers. That's what raises flags.

Your best bet when buying gold is to buy it from a private seller, like one of the many we have here in the trade section. Chances are you'll get a better price as well.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    The risk isn't from how the gold is gotten, it's about the trade itself. If an account mails thousands of gold several times a day without getting anything worth it back, it's probably a gold seller, and the people getting the money are probably gold buyers. That's what raises flags.

Your best bet when buying gold is to buy it from a private seller, like one of the many we have here in the trade section. Chances are you'll get a better price as well.
    damn....I'm probably screwed then

Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It remains to be seen how they will deal with gold selling/buying, but pretty much all MMO games have rules in their ToS/EULA that say they can ban you for pretty much whatever they feel like. So yes you can be banned for it, but personally I don't think you have much to worry about

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Eryxon View Post
    It remains to be seen how they will deal with gold selling/buying, but pretty much all MMO games have rules in their ToS/EULA that say they can ban you for pretty much whatever they feel like. So yes you can be banned for it, but personally I don't think you have much to worry about
    Thanks!

That's my question..will I be banned for this, and also can I buy gold from this forum if I send money via paypal first?(I'm assuming I would have to seeing as how I'm new here lol)

Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see this was the ESO section. I'd have a look at the stickies in the trade sections and make sure you understand how to stay safe. Some people are just out there to get people's money. Seeing as you're new, you'll most likely have to pay the seller first before getting the gold. You also have a choice of working with a middleman (I don't know who does it anymore) if you're not sure that the buyer will give you the goods after paying.
    What's a Parog?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with sending first but I would want to see that they're trusted before I do anything....and also would wanna know if there's any ban risk for my account. I'm calling support later to ask if there is any risk lol

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this from support earlier:

Thanks for contacting us at The Elder Scrolls Online!

Yes! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Buying or selling game currency is not permitted. Taking part in these activities can lead to account suspension and even account closure. We have been doing our best to look into these players. It would also help us greatly if you would right-click their name in-game and select the "Report Player" option.

Forinris's Avatar Active Member Professional Seller CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by grigore View Post
    Fail attempt at promoting your website.
    Yeah, he's going to promote his own website by telling everyone how they send him an in-game mail about buying gold.

Originally Posted by Mehrune117 View Post
    I got this from support earlier:

Thanks for contacting us at The Elder Scrolls Online!

Yes! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Buying or selling game currency is not permitted. Taking part in these activities can lead to account suspension and even account closure. We have been doing our best to look into these players. It would also help us greatly if you would right-click their name in-game and select the "Report Player" option.
    Lol, you made a ticket asking if buying/selling gold is allowed?

There's nothing you can do now, I doubt you'll get a ban, considering it's a newly launched mmo with much bigger problems than dealing with gold sellers/buyers atm

there's a really small chance you'll get banned, and if you do get banned, it won't be permanent anyways.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forinris View Post
    Yeah, he's going to promote his own website by telling everyone how they send him an in-game mail about buying gold.

Lol, you made a ticket asking if buying/selling gold is allowed?

There's nothing you can do now, I doubt you'll get a ban, considering it's a newly launched mmo with much bigger problems than dealing with gold sellers/buyers atm

there's a really small chance you'll get banned, and if you do get banned, it won't be permanent anyways.
    Alright thanks for the answer bro, and as to what I said above...I made a thread in the trading section for ESO gold.

I only want another 10-20K or so(bought about 9K originally went through it fast in my guild store lol). I paid about $20 for the first 9K...so looking for a good price. Looks like it goes for $2 a 1K.

Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mehrune117 View Post
    Alright thanks for the answer bro, and as to what I said above...I made a thread in the trading section for ESO gold.

I only want another 10-20K or so(bought about 9K originally went through it fast in my guild store lol). I paid about $20 for the first 9K...so looking for a good price. Looks like it goes for $2 a 1K.
    Good idea. Keep in mind it's a new MMO, so prices will most likely go down fast as more people get access to making more gold.
    What's a Parog?

azuro's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll its probably not as risky, and i doubt they will hand out perma bans even if you are caught doing it, you are probably safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast