0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forinris View Post
    Yeah, he's going to promote his own website by telling everyone how they send him an in-game mail about buying gold.
    OP was edited multiple times. Not that it matters now anyway, mods removed the site name pretty quickly.

Honest Opinion....Could I be banned for buying gold?
    Mehrune117's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply's guys, happy to hear I probably won't ever be banned for it and if I am it will only be a temp ban. They aren't even monitoring it right now lol that's why you need screenshots for reports(just realized this). I bought my last 15K gold a bit ago and from now on I'm just gonna grind it out legit if I need it. Also judging from my support tickets they care much more about the players that are gold spammers as a verse to those buying and selling gold even though they mentioned account suspensions or maybe closures for this. Also the dude I just bought from said they only ban sellers not buyers which makes much more sense imo.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Mehrune117; 04-02-2014 at 11:44 AM.

changbooger's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol so did u get caught/banned yet mehrune117?

pajama man's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terms of Service From ESO do permit Gold buying but not selling.

Originally Posted by Viscosity View Post
    No opinion needed. Below is fact

You ask,
    CAN you get banned for buying gold

as per terms of service, answer is YES

Hope that was sufficient answer.
    To best address this issue it is best to post the actual portion of the terms of service agreement regarding this matter. The portion will be attached below my brief description. Keep in mind that the terms have a catch all statement included elsewhere in which Zenimax reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate accounts for any reason. Thus they don't need a reason to ban you. You could simply kill an administrator in battle thus pissing them off and they could ban you and there is nothing you could do about it. However thus far they do seem to be adhering to there terms of service. In the terms of service specifically regarding purchase of virtual currency with real money the terms state "Virtual Currency may be obtained in one or more ways depending on the type of Virtual Currency and the Service or Services associated with that Virtual Currency, including without limitation Virtual Currency that may be obtained through purchase with real currency, in-Game actions or achievements, as a part of membership benefits, or otherwise. ZeniMax may, from time to time and in its sole discretion, grant Virtual Currency to Users of one or more Services as a gesture of goodwill or in connection with promotions, memberships, competitions, or sweepstakes organized by ZeniMax" This clearly and unequivocally indicates that you may obtain virtual currency by any means. Thus buying gold is acceptable. However the terms take a different approach towards selling gold. It appears Zenimax can specifically authorize certain services to provide gold. This may be in reference to online providers however there is no clarification buy the terms on this issue. They may intend that only Zenimax may provide virtual currency however that is equally unclear. Regardless the terms do make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that virtual currency can be obtained by players in one or more ways including by purchase with real currency. YOU CANNOT SELL according to the terms. With regard to private accounts selling virtual currency the terms state "You agree not to sell or transfer, or assist others in selling or transferring Virtual Currencies or any amounts thereof. Evidence of any attempt to use, sell or transfer Virtual Currency in any manner that violates these Terms of Service may result in revocation, termination, or cancellation of the Virtual Currency and/or Your use of the Services without refund and/or immediate suspension or termination of Your Account." This clearly means that while you may buy you may not sell or transfer your virtual currency. This is probably in an attempt to ensure that zenimax maintains some level of control over how players obtain there currency.
    Overall I agree with these terms. They punish those whom try to get around the game and turn it into a method for making profit, however they do not punish those whom purchase gold for their own enjoyment of the game. As I stated the actual portion regarding virtual currency is posted below.

TERMS

Virtual Currency may be obtained in one or more ways depending on the type of Virtual Currency and the Service or Services associated with that Virtual Currency, including without limitation Virtual Currency that may be obtained through purchase with real currency, in-Game actions or achievements, as a part of membership benefits, or otherwise. ZeniMax may, from time to time and in its sole discretion, grant Virtual Currency to Users of one or more Services as a gesture of goodwill or in connection with promotions, memberships, competitions, or sweepstakes organized by ZeniMax. All Virtual Currency that is purchased with real currency, either alone or together with other Services or access to Services (including without limitation payment for memberships), shall be referred to as "Purchased Virtual Currency." All Virtual Currency that is not Purchased Virtual Currency shall be referred to as "Complimentary Virtual Currency."

Regardless of the method by which You obtain a Virtual Currency and subject only to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), it has no value in real currency, and is not transferable to any other person, or returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for real currency, goods, or services. By purchasing or otherwise obtaining Virtual Currency, you acknowledge and agree that all Virtual Currencies represent a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license for Your personal, private, non-commercial use of ZeniMax Services governed by these Terms of Service. Because it is a license, Virtual Currency is not property in which You have any ownership right, title, or other interest. Any Virtual Currency balance shown in Your Account does not constitute a real currency balance or reflect any monetary value.

ZeniMax reserves the right to change the price for any Purchased Virtual Currency or to bundle Purchased Virtual Currency in any amount with other Services or access to other Services at any time and without providing notice to You. You will have no right to a refund as a result of any change in the price or bundling at which Purchase Virtual Currency can be obtained, subject only to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1). In the case of Complimentary Virtual Currency, ZeniMax reserves the right to change or limit the amount of Complimentary Virtual Currency granted as part of any ongoing or continuous promotion, to discontinue any promotion or to bundle Complimentary Virtual Currency in any amount with other Services or access to other Services at any time and without providing notice to You.

Virtual Currency is not transferable to, or redeemable for, any sum of real currency or monetary value from ZeniMax or any other person at any time. ZeniMax prohibits, and does not recognize any purported, transfers, sales, gifts, or trades of Virtual Currency. Virtual Currency will only be used by You to obtain virtual goods within a Game (e.g., durable goods that become part of Your inventory in the Game and consumable or single use items that are used and expire after use within the Game) or other Downloadable Content, through one or more Services, as determined by ZeniMax in its sole discretion. You agree not to sell or transfer, or assist others in selling or transferring Virtual Currencies or any amounts thereof. Evidence of any attempt to use, sell or transfer Virtual Currency in any manner that violates these Terms of Service may result in revocation, termination, or cancellation of the Virtual Currency and/or Your use of the Services without refund and/or immediate suspension or termination of Your Account.

jabbermewmew's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pajama man View Post
    To best address this issue it is best to post......
    You made an account just to reply to something that was not only answered, but is also more than 2 years old.

Got dayum

BloodMagic's Avatar Banned Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    13/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, you can get banned for this.

7. Thanks ilexpit, ilexgs (2 members gave Thanks to BloodMagic for this useful post)
    Lavillana's Avatar Active Member Elite Master
    Thanks G/R
    36/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought gold form a website about a month after the game first came out. I got caught, but all I received from Zenimax was a warning that they will ban me if I ever do it again. My account is to valuable to me now, so I won't be buying gold on it anymore. Besides, once you learn the game, it is very easy to get tons of gold. There is a learning curve, especially if you are used to playing WoW, but it is a decent game and has a much better story line than most.

If you need gold, just go to Alik'R Desert and join the dolmen group. I normally average about 7k per hour, lots of xp, and plenty of rare gear from running dolmens.
    Last edited by Lavillana; 03-23-2018 at 04:38 AM.

RominaBarraco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never really got banned for Buy ESO Gold . It's actually a great way to improve and to save time if you have to work an office job or have a family. But you need to be careful and don't do it in large amounts from the start. Take your time and buy a little each time, specially if you are new in the game. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12