Things you needs:
Modified D2gfx.Dll so you can open more than 1 d2 window.
3 Clients Open, I will call them Client A, B, and C.
2 Characters (One to create a non ladder game and one to join it)
Character A = Ladder to Non-Ladder
Character B = Non-Ladder char that has items.
What we're going to be doing is joining a ladder character inside a nonladder game to pick up items. Then leave the game as a ladder character. This also works in reverse (So you can rush yourself day 1) but it very risky. You have a chance of deleting the character.
1. On client A you're going to have to log into your account and create a game with char A (Ladder).
2. Open a non ladder game with char B with client B.
3. On client C login to char A's account and delete it. Create a new character on non ladder with the same name and log out.
4. On client C log back in and select char A, but just go to the lobby and don't join a game. Open up Join game or Open Game.
5. Now go back to Client A and leave the game with Char A.
6. Join a private or public non ladder game with client C and enjoy.