Tips to counter Scammers menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips to counter Scammers

When you want to buy a key make it as hard as possible for them that they don't scam you. Here are some tips as there are a lot of scamming going on.

1. Ask for a screenshot of the beta access with the skype chat next to it.

2. Ask them to stream their screen of the beta key invite with your skype chat next to it.

3. Be extra cautios with accounts that are just created as they got a very high chance of scamming.

4. When leaving your skype in the thread to be contacted. Ask who the person on ownedcore is and have them message you ingame to verify it's them and not someone else and add step 1 to it.

Overall don't make it easy for them. As i made few fake accounts to catch scammers and left my fake skype behind. I got contacted by 8 guys pretending to be that person. One guy even went so far to contact op and let op do what i asked the scammer to do. And the real op thought he was contacting me while the scammer was in between us. Making it look like we were talking with each other.
    Last edited by Watcher; 08-29-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Tips to counter Scammers
    Pr3cious's Avatar Legendary Professional Seller

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    863 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tips, I will add some.

How to avoid PayPal scammers
    There are many people who will pay with hacked or stolen PayPal accounts. You will always lose these payments, just a matter of time when the real owner finds out and reports it. You can never completely avoid it, but here are some tips to make it less:

- Ask your buyer to provide ID card which name matches the PayPal their paying with.

- Ask your buyer to screenshare and show their battle.net accounts (old one, not newly made) first and last name, see if it matches PayPals.

- Avoid "too good to be true" deals. For example "I want to buy your key for $300 USD, and I will go first", usually these payments are made with stolen PayPals.

- Ask your buyer to screenshoot their phone number which is bound to their PayPal, make a call to it to confirm it's the real owner.

- Google the buyers PayPal address, some hacked PayPals can be easily revealed in google.

These might be complicated/time consuming, but it's good to avoid getting scammed for hundreds of dollars. If the buyer tells you no because it's too "complicated" or "doesn't want to give out private information", then I just tell them "If you can't trust me by showing me some verification, then I can't trust you that you are paying me with a legitimate PayPal account".
    Last edited by Pr3cious; 08-29-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Contact me on Skype if you need anything. We are online 16 hours a day!

NEWEST SKYPE: pr3cious-support

lordangelo1019's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    40 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice tip precious

Ask them also to screenshot their resolution center viewing all cases.
    people that are afraid to show that are usually fraudulent
    Last edited by lordangelo1019; 11-03-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Fell0wShip3eris's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol counter picking scammers

goodnightworld's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good tips for new users here in the Buy Sell Trade section!
    Thumbs up!