Auditory Disruption - Remote Audio Streaming App (Android /  PC / iOS in the future) menu

User Tag List

Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auditory Disruption - Remote Audio Streaming App (Android / PC / iOS in the future)

Hello everyone,

So for a long time now, I have been wanting to make this program because in 2002 there was a program called AudioGalaxy that did this. They got sued and shut down and I was saddened that I could no longer listen to my music when I wanted where I wanted.

So fast forward to 2017. In the last month I have been getting seriously into C# programming. With the help of maclone and google, I have been refining my programming with C# to the point where i thought that I could actually make this program work for me personaly.

If I can figure out if it's non-legally hazardous to me, I will release this code but ... for now, here is a video of exactly how it works and what it does so far.

Using Xamarin for Visual Studio 2017 I have made the Server and Android software to make this all work.

Check out the video here to explain how it all works so far Hope you enjoy. Any questions just leave a reply here.

Auditory Disruption - Remote Audio Streaming App (Android /  PC / iOS in the future)
  2. Thanks Willy (1 members gave Thanks to Veritable for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update August 20, 2017

Version 1.0 Alpha is ready for testing on Android Devices. I want to try to get a varied device list, so I am currently sending out invites sparingly to people I know first. After that I will open it up to other people.

If you have some android device running 5.0+ and would be interested in seeing if it runs on your system, please let me know what device and version you are running. (Model Numbers please).

We will see how she goes. So far I have gotten about 3 different Samsung Phones (S4, S5, S6) and one friend has a Galaxy Tab to try it out on. I have an Asus MeMo 7 so ... those are the covered devices at the moment.

I will get an updated video showing how the new version looks / operates soon. Doing some final tweaks.

Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, stage 2 done. Windows based server complete (98%) just some tweaking with the design and minor things, but it functions properly.

The Windows server has a configuration editor, so you don't have to worry about editing the XML directly, as opposed to the console based one. Otherwise, it is essentially the same thing, but it can be minimized to the system tray and not take up task bar real estate

Updated Video:

Current Task List for Stage 3

• MediaPlayer in Android App
    • Search Filter in Android App
    • Web View with Music Player built in. (Some sort of HTML5 player or something).

Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge Progress on a feature I have been working on implementing in the past.

I have finally decided on using Spotify as my 'data carrier' of sorts. I will be using their analysis of individual tracks, to ascertain the similarity of tracks between one another in regards to a persons local collection.

So, I got to work last week in my spare time, and I managed to get the absolute base features to work.

The following video shows:

1. Choose Folder of MP3's (root folder)
    2. Scan for all MP3's and get the Artist / Title for each track
    3. Use Artist and Title to search Spotify for a matching Spotify ID
    4. With returned results, get the most popular track and store the ID
    5. Put Spotify Song ID into a Listbox
    6. When you click a Song ID it will retrieve the Audio Features of that track and display the BPM (Tempo) of the track in the Label1 above the list box.

I wanted to get this working in a standalone app first, then I will improve it's functionality before importing it in some manner to the server. Then add a button on the track to 'play songs like this' which can get tracks like the one you selected using all of this data... that's the idea anyway. Enjoy:

Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update for 2018!

The Windows server version 2 is up. We have added Spotify ID's and Attributes to create the NimbleLists for playlists. How they work is discussed in the video below as well as an overview of how all of the features work right now.