0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prasing .adt files to .obj files

First of all: Thank you for the time you took to read through my post.

So, some time ago I started off messing around with wow and botting. I did not have that much of a hard time reading from ram and extracting info, windows has a pretty nice ReadProcessMemmory and most of the address offsets are already documented. So that works pretty nice, I can read from the objManager that I can be found in the main thread of the thread information block. so the program now has partial vision of its surroundings.

The next step was to give the bot full vision in a sense of terrain so that it may go from point A to point B, by just imputing the two points. That would be great wouldn't it.

Thus far:
    1. Found recast and detour (Great tools)
    2. got the .adt files from mpq files and some others

recast and detour seam to be pretty straight forward to use, well maybe not, but it does not seam too hard, nothing that many sleepless nights cannot resolve. But I am stuck at a point just before using recast.

I need to go from .adt to .obj so that recast may use the .obj file. I ve read a good amount of other posts and they all seam to be pointing in the same direction -> WRITE YOUR OWN PARSER!

Okay so I continued digging, and there was a very long post by "namreeb" where he mentioned stormlib, at that point in time i though to my self "GREAT", It is well documented, opensource, but after all it is only a lib with the capability to prase the MPQ files.

And that is where I am at the moment. Trying to figure out the parsing logic to go from MPQ to obj, I know that "namreeb" stated that this is a wrong approach and that rather instead you should feed the output of the parser directly to recast, but I figured I would get around making the obj file first from adt and then it would be relatively easy to just redirect the output from going to an .obj file and making it go to recast instead.

My Question is:
    Is there anyone who could help me out the the logic of parsing the .adt to .obj? Some automated tool would also be nice but I would really prefer to write the code my self.

WOW PATCH: 1.12.1

Once again thank you all for your time and effort.

prasing .adt files to .obj files
    karnkore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did something like this for Diablo 3 back in the day. Using stormlib to just read each zone file only in this case I think I read the games own navmeshes and converted them to recast. For WoW aren't there already navmesh files, like when you setup a vanilla private server it comes with extractors to make the meshes already, surely you could just convert those to navmeshes?