Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guidance Needed For Scripting

Hi guys

So I am getting into scripting and need some guidance, I hope i dont get the standard response of if you have to ask then you shouldn't be doing it.

I am really interested in getting started and learning how to make combat routines, I am not interested in making money but more of a learning and giving to the community that has given to me for many years

So i have learnt LUA code not advanced but I understand how everything falls into place,

I have gone through the WoW API - World of Warcraft API | WoWWiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

I have understood what functions i can use, I kind have a list of things I have in mind and i had been testing out some functions, I used the example.lua file to create some simple functions from the WoW api's protected functions list to see how everything works and It seems fun

Now I am wanting some guidance, I have been learning the firehack API and looking at examples of what Firahack has already

But I need some guidance

Where do I go from here?

Is there any guides to give me a foundation in creating Combat Scripts for wow using Lua unlocker or firehack?

Help would be appreciated.

Guidance Needed For Scripting
    jaffycake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't bot WoW but I think you've chosen a game with a lot of anti botting code, you'll need to Google a lot for some help.

What exactly do you need to know atm? Botting happens in stages, what is the first thing you need?

sico's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't bothered to search the net or this forum, but i'm sure there are already some guides and resources floating around.

If this is just a learning experience to gain more understanding of this particular type of development, I would start by trying to make a short list of simple, measurable goals and then work towards those goals one "function" at a time.

For example:
    When dude buddy casts burrito, I want to whisper myself.
    When my life reaches a certain percentage, I want to emote /cry.
    When I enter a new zone, I want to display some text on the screen.
    When this particular sound is played, I want to cast revive.

I know that none of those things are particular impressive or interesting, but the thought behind it is to build one block at time, while taking the time to observe the code and understand why it's doing what it's doing. A fantastic resource would be to check out the existing scripts / source code that the community has already made and evaluate the code inside of it in an attempt to understand how it works. There is no need to understand everything right away, nor to evaluate the script in it's entirety. It would be much more beneficial to look for a few lines that are not completely greek, that you have a rough idea of what it may be doing though you might not be sure how or why... and try to dissect that singular piece in an attempt to understand why it's written the way it is. Why does the integer come first or last as an argument? How come this function sometimes has two arguments, and sometimes three? Looks like he needed some variables to pass to this function, how did he initialize those variables / where did they come from?

Wish I could provide more resources or assistance to your journey, but my skill-set just doesn't contain LUA.

Side note: Be cautious when calling restricted API hooks. I would make a free trial account and do all your development on that. It's totally possible that no harm would come of it, but better safe than sorry.

valathene's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys

I learnt alot and have progressed a fair abit, made my own rotations and boss fight scripts it was really fun to learn

Regards