0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test function from ollydbg?

Well, i am really new to the reverse engineering field and hooking/finding methods etc. However in the application i am training on i managed to find the function responsible for some action, how could i call it directly from ollydbg to see if i am right ? (so i don't have to create and inject dll everytime i want to test something out)

Test function from ollydbg?
    Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A long time ago, a friend of mine reverse engineered Ultima Online's encryption for the client for people to use with POL free servers. He basically injected a dll hook into the game where it would bypass some encryption routine but also an anti-cheating type of thing, but ya, what he did is have a dll and a script file (server side). The dll was injected at run-time and it's only function was to run the script file when the function was called within the program itself. We could even edit the script, and reload it on-the-fly in-game, which saved us tonnes of time, since we didn't have to reboot the server and drop all the player's etc.

maper's Avatar Elite User __readgsqword(0x188); CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    26/353
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Healian View Post
    Well, i am really new to the reverse engineering field and hooking/finding methods etc. However in the application i am training on i managed to find the function responsible for some action, how could i call it directly from ollydbg to see if i am right ? (so i don't have to create and inject dll everytime i want to test something out)
    As far as I know, you can't call it from Ollydbg. There may be a plugin somewhere that allows this but I really doubt it.