0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need ideas for a training/seminar!

Our department's supervisor is going to retire late this year. I'm one of the two candidates that can possibly be chosen for that position. I've worked hard to get to where I am now, that is, department manager. I've worked lots of late hours, sometimes unpaid, just to make sure that my work is of the best quality and quantity.

The other department manager and I are being given a month to prepare for a training/seminar for the other department supervisors and managers.The group that we will be instructing has been divided into two. So that's one for the other manager and one for me. It wasn't specifically said that this will affect who will get the department supervisor position but still I really want to do my best.

Have I mentioned that I work in the HR department that's why we're in charge of the training, seminars and workshops?

Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your replies.

Need ideas for a training/seminar!
    zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short and sweet. No one likes to be stuck in a room for hours on end, watching stupid videos or slides. Change it up, do something interactive. Personally I dislike interactive when it's stupid, but I can fake it... on that note, games can help a presentation. First person who raises a hand to volunteer, gets a company sponsored gift plushie, second person might win a gift card, etc. Don't make it something that everyone already gets like a pen and paper. As for interactives, role-playing, or the stand-up schtik where everyone does a stupid dance - these can get the group energized and feeling better if the whole group has to do them.

Just remember, have fun, and don't choose people to make them feel embarassed. A compliment goes a long way, and a gift with a compliment tends to soothe more.

prettyingmunching's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think it's a good idea to use something like these ones by HRDQ. I found them online when I was looking for tips. Do you think it'll be effective or maybe I should just make my own presentation and everything?

nastysettle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by prettyingmunching View Post
    Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?
    Are you allowed to go outdoors? If you are then why not have a team building after the seminar activity. In that way you can teach, learn, bond and enjoy at the same time