0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions

Tried my hand, first signature. Rendered the zealot myself, I ended up having to redo a lot of the psi blade.

Any criticism/suggestions?

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein

Suggestions
    weezyC's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very good for a first time, Maybe get the smudge tool and blend in the edges of the render's back a little more

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad for a start.

First thing is first though: The background is way too messy, and has no indication of flow, try make the C4D's flow with the render. As for the render it needs to blend into the sig more. Plus it's a little blurry, although that just might be my eyes. Other then that keep going at it! (To pro sig makers correct my CnC if its in-correct).
    Death to all but Metal.

Sneakylemons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, along with what alj03 said about flow, you should move the render to the right an inch so that you can properly work the flow in the forward slash motion ( / ) at the angle of the psi sword without all of the empty space that you would get if you did it without moving the render. Also, one thing that you never want to do when making a signature is make things completely monotoned in terms of backgrounds. Clean up that background, work on lighting, fitting your render into its surroundings, and flow.
    I WAS DRILL ROLLED BY GZ. AND I LOVED IT.

Majestic Team's Avatar Active Member WoW Services Provider CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    8 (88%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by weezyC View Post
    Looks very good for a first time, Maybe get the smudge tool and blend in the edges of the render's back a little more
    Nuff said.

Kiev's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good piece of work I also like the clear rendered render (try saying that fast).

Something to note: The background (While it does go with the blade) is way to blue for the render, try and change the colourings of it and see what you can achieve, some edges of the render are too sharp and need to be blurred like others have said, but other than that, I like it.

BrightChild's Avatar I AM 100$ SERIOUS
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job on the render, you just need to get a little more flow, the smudge tool works great for that. your c4d is just chilln.

Usually when i work i try to get a little bit of c4d/Smudge/paint/pencil...ect over the original render. Helps it's perspective, and makes it look more full.

You also may want to work on a light source, it looks like it is all just... there, Would look much nicer with a light source.

Dobbs's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for a First.
    Just wanted to also point out that you started like me with brush for the background, render, then text. You need to get out of this style. Use some C4D's, some stock photo's for the background, but only use brushes if you think it would enhance you signature a lot. Also try to blend-in your render, maybe adding C4D's to blend it, or try to find some smudge settings that work well for you. Keep trying, remember everyone started from somewhere, try to look up some tutorials.